Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Two Clear Hints at Hotels Found in Snowy Escape

SappySifakaSappySifaka Posts: 132 Member
I found two unique references to bellhops in Snowy Escape build/buy text. The first, the Scandalous Snow Dreams Nightstand, can be found in the standard buy catalog and references a bellhop. The second, found either via a Simi Vending machine or in buy debug is a bellhop Simi. Screenshots of both can be found at the bottom of this post. In the past, I've found most speculative text and hints to be quite open to interpretation. But in this case, a bellhop has a very clear definition and a very clear association with hospitality. The fact that they are referenced twice in Snowy Escape does not seem like a coincidence to me. Of course, it could be, but given past surveys, the new ability to vacation to any world, and general player demand, I think these references paint a clear picture.

I certainly do think hotels/resorts are coming in 2021, how they arrive is the real topic for speculation in my opinion. I'd imagine they could arrive in game pack in early February, alongside a romance overhaul (another frequent player request), just in time for Valentines day. This could give the team a fun chance to include items like the Vibrating Heart-Shaped bed that would fit well with both themes. Strangerville arrived on Feb 26, 2019. If they were to keep a somewhat similar release schedule, moving the date up by just two weeks, such a pack could release on Feb 11, three days before Valentines day.

At any rate, I would love for hotels/resorts to arrive in a GP without a new world. I'd much rather have a thorough and exciting hotel experience that caters to those wishing to run a hotel and those wishing to stay at one, instead of a so-so hotel experience that comes with a micro-world too small to create any real sense of community.

What are your thoughts on all of this?
50614683642_1aa7913416_c.jpg11-17-20_2-26-05 PM by Sappy Sifaka, on Flickr
50613830518_737c62a08f_c.jpg11-17-20_2-26-10 PM by Sappy Sifaka, on Flickr
Post edited by SappySifaka on

Comments

• EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    Thanks for this, I was already starting to look for hints in the BB descriptions. I think this could indeed be hinting at a hotel GP and I think it could be coming in February/march too. My little theory is that the 'Run a Resort' option in January's survey came out on top and they decided to make it it's own pack because the theme is in such high demand. Hope that is the case and I also hope it'll come without a world! I tend to not use the GP neighborhoods because of their size.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    It's very interesting for sure. I do hope your right and I also wouldn't mind if they skipped out on a new world. I would appreciate if they added some ready to go hotel builds to our library though.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    Thanks for this, I was already starting to look for hints in the BB descriptions. I think this could indeed be hinting at a hotel GP and I think it could be coming in February/march too. My little theory is that the 'Run a Resort' option in January's survey came out on top and they decided to make it it's own pack because the theme is in such high demand. Hope that is the case and I also hope it'll come without a world! I tend to not use the GP neighborhoods because of their size.

The quality of the GP is always better when they come without a world (or a super small, simple world like Vampires). The gameplay seems to be underdeveloped when they have to put part of the GPs budget into creating a really pretty world. Glimmerbrook and Batuu may be small, but they have a lot of detail in those worlds, which is part of the reason I think the gameplay is lacking compared to other game packs. The budget for a gamepack is sure to be smaller than the budget for an expansion pack, so if they put a lot of those funds into world creation and graphics, the pack suffers elsewhere.
  • SappySifakaSappySifaka Posts: 132 Member
    edited November 2020
    Sheepiling wrote: »

The quality of the GP is always better when they come without a world (or a super small, simple world like Vampires). The gameplay seems to be underdeveloped when they have to put part of the GPs budget into creating a really pretty world. Glimmerbrook and Batuu may be small, but they have a lot of detail in those worlds, which is part of the reason I think the gameplay is lacking compared to other game packs. The budget for a gamepack is sure to be smaller than the budget for an expansion pack, so if they put a lot of those funds into world creation and graphics, the pack suffers elsewhere.

Very much agree, especially regarding Realm of Magic. I would have much rather had a few more gameplay objects/dynamics in place of Glimmerbrook/the Magic Realm. I'd even go a step further and say that I would have even preferred more general build/buy and CAS stuff instead of the world. I get that the vibe of the pack was heavily inspired by contemporary witches (i.e. The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina) but they didn't even give us a classic witch/wizard hat. Still out here stuck with that goofy one with the spider hanging off the back from Spooky Stuff, unless you use CC.

My hope is that a hotel pack without a world will be able to properly impress without any caveats or short cuts.
  • YunaYuna Posts: 231 Member
    I found 1-2 texts about safety, robbery and romantic or something.. arent thiefs still missing?

The new toddler outfit with the gymbag got farm animals on them.. Farming hint?
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited November 2020

My hope is that a hotel pack without a world will be able to properly impress without any caveats or short cuts.

Me too. If the pack came with a well thought-through hotel/resort system it would add so much to the game. Also that one 50x50 lot in Yukimatsu just screams 'build snow resort here' to me.
    edited November 2020
    Yuna wrote: »
    I found 1-2 texts about safety, robbery and romantic or something.. arent thiefs still missing?

The new toddler outfit with the gymbag got farm animals on them.. Farming hint?

Funny you mentioned that, I also tallied roughly five references to crime/theft and roughly seven to romance. There were also two very specific references to medieval themes in other simi figures, but they were slightly less compelling. I was going to make a separate post for these later with all of the respective objects listed. At any rate, I do suspect that hotels, romance, and theft will return in some form in 2021.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited November 2020
    I can see how a resort pack could easily be based off of dine out.
    • Instead of a host/hostess stand a check in desk to request a room.
    • Doors could function like tables in that when they’re on the hotel lot type you could click on them to request a specific room, request room service, request maid service etc.
    • Bars could still function in hotels just as they do in restaurants.
    • Restaurants could still function inside hotels.
    • They could add machines that vend snacks & “off brand” soda, & ice.
    • The retail system could maybe work to have gift shops.
    More or less it seems like all systems are in place to make fully functional hotels and resorts without having to develop a ton of new technology or animations. I really do hope we get them soon, because while renting a house on vacation is fine, staying in a hotel is a totally different experience that I would love to add for my sims without being dependent on a mod.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member

Very much agree, especially regarding Realm of Magic. I would have much rather had a few more gameplay objects/dynamics in place of Glimmerbrook/the Magic Realm. I'd even go a step further and say that I would have even preferred more general build/buy and CAS stuff instead of the world. I get that the vibe of the pack was heavily inspired by contemporary witches (i.e. The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina) but they didn't even give us a classic witch/wizard hat. Still out here stuck with that goofy one with the spider hanging off the back from Spooky Stuff, unless you use CC.

I agree about the hat! We need a real witches hat...... wish they would give us one, one of these Halloween’s..... but I love Glimmerbrook! My disappointment was in the types of spells we got, and the witches realm and how easy it is to achieve the the spells ....... i have few people show up to the witches realm ... and when they do they are wearing turbans, fine in San Myshuno, but the witches realm??..... I’d rather see people in the realm wearing witch and warlock robes....
    But, I would love to see a world with hotels....and I hope, like rentals we will be able to make our own hotels in whichever world we want them in. With however many stories, hotels being a lot type.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Camkat wrote: »
    It's very interesting for sure. I do hope your right and I also wouldn't mind if they skipped out on a new world. I would appreciate if they added some ready to go hotel builds to our library though.

Something similar to Dine Out, where there were prebuilt restaurants and preset menus; it also had no new world. Now that we can have rentals in any world, it would make a hotel (or maybe even something smaller, like an inn or B&B, more feasible.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    @SappySifaka I can totally see how this would fit in nicely with the recent addition of rental lots in any world. Great find!
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I am glad that you guys are super excited about the prospect of hotels coming to the game. However, I still don't understand the overwhelming clamoring for such a feature. It would get boring very quickly having a pack that is literally devoted to a place that people just sleep at. However, I know there are many different interests among the Sims community! I would MUCH RATHER have a game pack called Hobby Time where it brings back hobby enthusiasm from Sims 2 and adds maybe 6 new skills and would not need a new world either so all skills and features could be properly fleshed out. Then again, the game could always get both themes some day! :)
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Before they introduced hotel, I hope they fixed the AI first so that they wont always gravitate toward other sims when doing interaction (such as eating or reading), it will be immersion breaking to see another guest reading book in another guest's room aside from their own just because the other room has another sim in it.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    I don’t care for hotels as we already got rentals but I’m open to anything regarding new gameplay. Although I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a buggy mess like owning a restaurant which has yet to be addressed.
  • chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    Totally hope that resorts/hotels gets it's own GP. Obvious thoughts go to Sulani/Mt Komorebi but I would also love to have a B&B in Brindleton Bay or a Motel in Strangerville. The purpose of GPs at the start was to have a niche concept but go into detail with it ie Spa Day or Dine Out. Overtime thats been lost and they've sort of made GPs an "EP lite" like Realm of Magic. A resorts GP would be a welcome return to what I think GPS should be!
    chickenow wrote: »
    Totally hope that resorts/hotels gets it's own GP. Obvious thoughts go to Sulani/Mt Komorebi but I would also love to have a B&B in Brindleton Bay or a Motel in Strangerville. The purpose of GPs at the start was to have a niche concept but go into detail with it ie Spa Day or Dine Out. Overtime thats been lost and they've sort of made GPs an "EP lite" like Realm of Magic. A resorts GP would be a welcome return to what I think GPS should be!

Couldn't have said it better myself. Completely agree with all of this.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I found two unique references to bellhops in Snowy Escape build/buy text. The first, the Scandalous Snow Dreams Nightstand, can be found in the standard buy catalog and references a bellhop. The second, found either via a Simi Vending machine or in buy debug is a bellhop Simi. Screenshots of both can be found at the bottom of this post. In the past, I've found most speculative text and hints to be quite open to interpretation. But in this case, a bellhop has a very clear definition and a very clear association with hospitality. The fact that they are referenced twice in Snowy Escape does not seem like a coincidence to me. Of course, it could be, but given past surveys, the new ability to vacation to any world, and general player demand, I think these references paint a clear picture.

I certainly do think hotels/resorts are coming in 2021, how they arrive is the real topic for speculation in my opinion. I'd imagine they could arrive in game pack in early February, alongside a romance overhaul (another frequent player request), just in time for Valentines day. This could give the team a fun chance to include items like the Vibrating Heart-Shaped bed that would fit well with both themes. Strangerville arrived on Feb 26, 2019. If they were to keep a somewhat similar release schedule, moving the date up by just two weeks, such a pack could release on Feb 11, three days before Valentines day.

At any rate, I would love for hotels/resorts to arrive in a GP without a new world. I'd much rather have a thorough and exciting hotel experience that caters to those wishing to run a hotel and those wishing to stay at one, instead of a so-so hotel experience that comes with a micro-world too small to create any real sense of community.

I have no idea if it all really means that hotels are coming, but i do know one thing: as soon as we have hotels in the game i won't be using rentals anymore.
    It's just a personal thing... For me, vacations are in hotels. I never use air bnb or stuff like that irl. And it feels more of a vacation if you see other people where you're staying, if you get to know people that are vacationing at the same location...
    The rentals feel too much like staying at home. I'ld prefer an option that would feel different, that would make me feel like my sims are actually in vacation.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    telmarina wrote: »

I have no idea if it all really means that hotels are coming, but i do know one thing: as soon as we have hotels in the game i won't be using rentals anymore.
    It's just a personal thing... For me, vacations are in hotels. I never use air bnb or stuff like that irl. And it feels more of a vacation if you see other people where you're staying, if you get to know people that are vacationing at the same location...
    The rentals feel too much like staying at home. I'ld prefer an option that would feel different, that would make me feel like my sims are actually in vacation.

I feel the same way. No dirty dishes, fresh towels every day and room cleaning lady makes your bed even if you don't want it made. :lol:
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    I am glad that you guys are super excited about the prospect of hotels coming to the game. However, I still don't understand the overwhelming clamoring for such a feature. It would get boring very quickly having a pack that is literally devoted to a place that people just sleep at. However, I know there are many different interests among the Sims community! I would MUCH RATHER have a game pack called Hobby Time where it brings back hobby enthusiasm from Sims 2 and adds maybe 6 new skills and would not need a new world either so all skills and features could be properly fleshed out. Then again, the game could always get both themes some day! :)

Hotels could add more pool items and would be realistic to put in Sulani.
    Hotel could be easily implemented I guess, using Dine Out framework.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Have your forgotten this is EA. Patches that break things then wait weeks for a patch to fix the previous patch. Recolor stuff and calling it new. The point is I doubt EA has the imagination to pull off a Hotel pack not to mention Dine Out is still a mess.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Hotels are nice and all. But I don't know! I mean the last thing the game needs right now is another temporary place for our sims to stay in.
    edited November 2020
    I'm just saying if they want to do it, it can be easily(subjective) done with dine out framework. though the mess that is dine out can be blamed for the sims ai themselves who love to gravitate to strangers to talk, this issue can even be seen in get together cafe where you 'reserve' a seat for your friend to sit on a table with you but a stranger sit on it just to talk to you.

I wont even blame EA for the mess in Sims 4 anymore as the latest issues can be seen it came from the Maxis itself. (JtB pack)
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »

Pool items, casino stuff, breakfast item buffet, would all be good to add.
  • bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    edited January 2021
    Pool items, casino stuff, breakfast item buffet, would all be good to add.

The breakfast buffet is cool, but I think I'd prefer a buffet that can be set for breakfast, brunch, lunch, and dinner. I grew up in Las Vegas, so I associate buffets with breakfast, lunch, brunch, and dinner :blush: My family used to go to a brunch buffet sometimes. You could get prime rib and eggs benedict. Plus, there were bottomless mimosas and champagne. The most popular buffet was seafood with all you can eat crab legs.

I would love to see the return of the swim up bar from Sims 3. The hotel my mom used to work for had a water slide and waterfall. I've also seen swim up poker and black jack tables. We already have Spa Day and Dine Out, but a lot of fancy hotels have spas and fine dining. Las Vegas has night clubs in some of their hotels. MGM used to have a small theme park, but they got rid of it when I was a teenager. I guess I'm thinking of hotel resorts instead of the standard hotel (Holiday Inn, Days Inn, etc.).