Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lifestyle and progress: How does it work?

thatpinkcoconutthatpinkcoconut Posts: 187 Member
My Sim has been drinking coffee at an alarming rate yet the Coffee Fanatic Lifestyle doesn't acknowledge this. No progress at all. Still locked.

Now I have these questions:
  1. How long does it take before the start of the progress towards achieving a Lifestyle? (from Locked to In Progress)
  2. How long does it take for a Lifestyle to become Active? (from In Progress to Active)
  3. How long before a Lifestyle returns to its inactive/Locked state when neglected?

Comments

• TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    edited November 2020
    Quoting Carl's guide:
    Lifestyles are meant to take time to develop, because while traits reflect who a Sim is, Lifestyles reflect more how a Sim is living their life. Therefore, lifestyles are gained by doing activities or by being a certain way. Each has their own criteria and separate points counters. Since your lifestyle can change, they can also decay.

It will take a Sim about five full days to develop a lifestyle, assuming you reach the maximum points each day (around 20). When you've got 100 points, you get the lifestyle and will keep it unless you fail to do that thing for too long. Doing it enough once in 4 days should be each to maintain, as it decays at a rate of about 5 points per day. You will get a notification if your Sim is about to lose a lifestyle so you can take corrective action.
    Other reasons they may go away exist. For instance, life circumstances may change as well, such as a Single and Lovin' It Sim finding love - the trait will definitely be gone after a time, if not instantly.

Link to the whole article
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.