Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lets talk about kitchens

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    how about wood stoves like this model 0FV9PuX.jpg
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I would like some fancy teracotta stoves like these, that serve double purpose for cooking and keeping warm.

adelaparvu.com-despre-casa-familiei-Calin-Pitesti-episodul-12-sezonul-5-Visuri-la-cheie-bucataria-8.jpg

adelaparvu-com-despre-sobe-de-teracota-cu-aragaz-7.jpg?w=547&h=571

adelaparvu-com-despre-sobe-de-teracota-cu-aragaz-2.jpg?w=547&h=414

adelaparvu-com-despre-sobe-de-teracota-cu-aragaz-3.jpg?w=547&h=434

adelaparvu-com-despre-sobe-de-teracota-cu-aragaz-8.jpg?w=547&h=571

adelaparvu-com-despre-sobe-de-teracota-cu-aragaz-5.jpg

Soba-din-teracota-crem.jpg

casa-naturala-soba-1.jpg

• Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    If, after 6 years, they still can't/won't give us a food processor (like we have in TS2), I doubt any of these delightful ideas (especially like the wood stoves) will be forthcoming. They require time, effort, and caring.
  • Options
    Saw an interesting combo unit yesterday in a Dec 1963 "Saturday evening Post'. Side by side ovens up top (left larger than right) with controls at eye level, 4 burner range below that at regular height in a line, not square, arrangement, and cabinets underneath. A work shelf was in front of the burners. Could be gotten either as gas or electric. Actually made in USA, too.
  • Options
    SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    It is weird that some of kitchen stuff was in TS1 and we still can not get this type of items in current game.
  • Options
    SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I don’t like how some of the upper cabinets remain visible even when you put the walls down.

My corner cabinets remain visible, but my full length cabinets don't. I wish it were the other way round. It looks odd to have a gap where I know I placed a full height cabinet. I think if it's touching the floor it should remain visible, and if it's not, then it should go invisible.
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • Options
    Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    Kitchen stuff and tiny living has some of the best clutter for kitchens. I wish we got stackable jars, plates, cans and cups.
  • Options
    I just want to show you a kitchen style which I saw on Facebook. I love that colors! I hope that we will get such a nice wood swatches in game.

141734954_860362154761933_6004956909898392875_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=2&_nc_sid=b9115d&_nc_ohc=-O77rJfKDWMAX89Ck3L&_nc_ht=scontent-waw1-1.xx&oh=e46b27de921f90eb0b2551afe57f5cf2&oe=60351783
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited January 2021
    The new kitchen units from Snowy Escape are the way they should go. I am using them a lot as you can store stuff on the shelves below so they are particularly useful in the bathrooms to store those towels, soaps and toothbrushes in. I'm not really keen on any of the pictured units above except for the IKEA ones. Perhaps it's because we don't have the space that Americans have in their houses generally. They could be used in an "Aspirations" pack though for people like Judith!

We should be able to store more in the kitchen units to leave room to cook on above them.
  • Options
    Emusimmer32Emusimmer32 Posts: 257 Member
    Also can we just acknowledge how lazy it is to have the island counter draws facing towards where the stools go. Instead of the proper way. Like what.
  • Options
    Not only the wood swatches, but the wall & floor tiles look good as well. Actually the whole kitchen does. Hard to tell, but looks about 5x5 squares including eating area. Has a well planned/thought out look.
  • Options
    ^^

I miss three tiles wooden table. Simple wooden table. Currently we have 2 tiles tables and a tones of glass tables.

drewniany-stol-makassar-200-cm-palisander-1.jpg

stol-drewniany-multi-industrialny-200.jpg

Wood tones by peacemaker

tumblr_nw18vj27fd1s4yxajo2_r1_1280.png

LINK

tumblr_o42893vvUq1s4yxajo2_r1_1280.png

LINK

tumblr_p5ruq1v38J1s4yxajo1_1280.png

LINK
  • Options
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    ^^

I miss three tiles wooden table. Simple wooden table. Currently we have 2 tiles tables and a tones of glass tables.

In other games we used to have same model of table in three sizes, 1, 2, and 3 tiles. In TS4 we have maybe 2-3 sets of tables that come in all three sizes. It's not possible to make restaurants with different sized tables anymore. There are very few 1 and 3 tiles tables, and those that are available are mostly glass or weird antique looking type or crazy colour tablecloths.
  • Options
    isitachimiisitachimi Posts: 87 Member
    Agreed! They could also add matching cabinet tops to all countertops too.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Maxis make a few new tables for each expansion pack and there are more of those simple wooden tables in those. Not a great choice of swatches though.
  • Options
    BohoFlowerBohoFlower Posts: 143 Member
    I agree kitchens need more variations, i think if they just gave us the Color Wheel so we can Recolor stuff or match it to any Wooden Floors and Walls we wouldn't have these problems and to be able to Recolor both the top and bottom of the counters instead of having to choose from an already pre-made one that doesn't exactly match.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Last time I noticed that we totally do not have any neutral counters with wooden or light counter top. Nightmare.

Examples for kitchen sets which I really, REALLY expect in my game:

IMG_6581.JPG

1.jpg06C2C2DC-879C-4FCB-859A-2C2A73590251Large.jpg

I miss also table similar to this - simlpe, round and neutral:

stol-okragly-mosso-iii-100-signal.jpg

• Options
    After DHD pacxk I feel that our kitchens need more built-in and hidden items as fridges, dishwashers, bins ect. Somtimes I want to make totally sleek and modern kitchen with hidden items but it is impossible. I like how HeyHarrie solve that issue.

839770033681ee01630b8aa24cbd0a63ab12a63f.jpg

I swear, I'm ready to buy an ExpansionPack made by CC creators as HeyHarrie, Peacemaker, Grim ect.
  • Options
    BohoFlowerBohoFlower Posts: 143 Member
    edited August 2021
    I think a Color Wheel would just fix that issue so we can recolor everything including wood grains, i suggested going with a Rectangular Color Wheel though to make it easy to slide the circle around the colors and find one manually that way along with being able to enter HTML or CSS Color Codes, the circular ones are always harder to navigate in any software i've used to far. It will look so so much better if we can match the colors of anything though even the Stone and Siding doesn't match with a lot it's ridiculous and so limited even for people with all the Packs.

I think they need to do something with Ikea again too they've been doing some cool promo deals with brands so i think they should with them and put in some of the cheaper sleek items to help create that sleek and modern look, the Base Game has the best items but no doubt we need a bit more variety for that, they haven't done that well with the Packs trying to match it to a theme so at this point none of it matches anyway... so they might as well just add it to Base Game. They should be items like you've shown so it looks good any color and already we've got Kitchen Cabinets that we can flexibly recolor.
  • Options
    I would like for the counters and kitchen wall units to function as storage boxes, with separate inventories. We place them anyway and as they already take a lot of space, I think it would be good if we could use them to store the various ingredients we collect.
  • Options
    AgentJuliaAgentJulia Posts: 77 Member
    The day that we get the ability to customise counters and countertops individually is the day my soul can finally rest. @BohoFlower I totally agree with the idea of an Ikea Collaboration. I love the Ikea style of interior design, its so sleek and homey at the same time. Built-ins would fit perfectly to be introduced in a pack like that.

The one thing I'm really hoping for is for them to give us some breakfast nook items. I have a breakfast nook in my kitchen and it is one of my favorite places in the house. I think it's totally obtainable as well since we have those (ugly and horribly colored) booths from Dine Out. They could totally take the code/functionality from those and make a nicer looking design for breakfast nooks.
    SXoZxEJ.jpg
    a6mecnB.jpg