Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lets talk about kitchens

SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
edited November 2020 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Ok. It is my another topic but I can not understend some things. The SIms 4 has a lot of possibilities which previous Sims games couldn't have. On every post EA team tell us how this game is carrefuly develop and how SimsGurus are trying to create awesome game ect. Tell me please why kitchen stuff is so bad than? Ugly swatches, lack of matching cabinets, no possibility to split heating plate and oven, wrong island counters texture, no built-in fridges, ovens ect. (really popular in Europe), lack of some popular items. For me EA really simplified the kitchen stuff and created something only american inspired. I do not like it. Especially as as builder and as console player who can not download any recolors or cc. Anyway I do not think that cc should fill the lack of ingame content.

How to fix existing content?

We need some new swatches, textures and matching cabinets (as community created):

kitchenrecolours-styles.png

tumblr_onq6j6WAKM1ut7dbdo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_onq6j6WAKM1ut7dbdo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_pdt5h7Q8D11uke3lzo1_r2_1280.png

c7399bb77898d07e11bd645c59e0cb4b8b489b75.jpg

tumblr_pzjziaSAmj1s3phxwo1_1280.jpg

What about new content?

If EA will ever add matching and better swatches (as above), new counters will not be needed so dramatically as currently, but some objects will not be in game still.

Lets look how kitchen in Europe looks like (IKEA):
6f56fea2f1ea24213735c7955d0a8405.jpg?f=xs

959aa65ad8d7de0a2c9eff4fc393cb52.jpg?f=xxxl

8ffad1f7dadd9f1db470ffdefdebe742.jpg?f=xxxl

61d18c57679cba74e11a77b8b84a0a2d.jpg?f=xxxl

As you can see, our kithens are smaller and are organized a little different that american. What we need to recreate them in The Sims 4?

Whole built-in items as:
- fridge
- oven
- heating plate (induction cooktop!)
- dishwasher
- coffee machine

8f41811ba985595eb7f16332b0c5c2a7.jpg

Also I do not know why kettle is not exist in TS4...

snapshotimagehandler_1611133544.jpeg?h=540&w=540

Dear EA, can you kindly fix the kitchen stuff please? I think that more people think that this room has the worst stuff and it is really hard to create something other than traditional country-style kitchen.

Post edited by EA_Rtas on

Comments

• TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    This would also be nice for modern Japanese builds.
  • _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    🙌🏻 Preach! A fellow console player here, in total agreement.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I don’t use many upper cabinets in my game, but I would love more color options for refrigerators and stoves.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    Furniture pieces not matching seems to be like a general issue with the sets in this game rather than being specifically tied to the sets, and yeah, sometimes I feel like the pieces are designed by, like, two completely different people who has different interpretations of the design. More swatches is always a nice thing to have, and I'll repeat myself as long as I can recall: create-a-style really should have returned to begin with so matching colors or more color options shouldn't be an issue to begin with.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    I'd like more kitchen options, but generally I can do pretty well with what we have got. I'd like more of the fridges and ovens to have a higher food quality level though.

I absolutely hate those modern Ikea-style kitchens (except for those Hamptons type ones that they have, those are nice). That is how they are being built here in Australia currently also, I just hate them. So bland. But I do realise they are popular and a lot of people would really like to be able to build them that way.

Even irl, as an aside, when I renovated my kitchen I went with a bit of a cottage style because it doesn't date as badly as modern styles do.

So anyway I can build kitchens that I like in the Sims, but yeah some built in appliances etc. would be nice indeed. There is the built-in dishwasher currently, and I use that a lot in my builds.

Sometimes cottage style kitchens are ok, but it is so boring when every no cc house should be victorian or more classical to look nice and complited. I need to have more variety. I hope that EA will give us at least some new swatches because only base game counters I like have just 4 ugly swatches. Come on...
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    I am so bored with the lack of variety as well as swatches that can be found on bases but not uppers and even worse no upper cabinets at all!

I find the tiled bench tops very strange. Do people really tile bench tops? It must be a usa thing. I would like to see more grsnite options, water fall end pieces and more shelf like uppers such as came with island living. I would love to see wallovens and cook tops seperated.Cement slab counter tops would let you make industrial modern builds. I would also adore a large ceramic butler style (farmhouse) sink.

Kettles and toasters are also needed. Plus an animation where a wok rather than a frying pan or saucepan is used would be nice.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,949 Member
    edited November 2020
    I'm not kitchen expert and I'm not asking for anything big but i do wish we had

1.white and black modern counters with wood tops in dark and light wood

2. cabinet microwaves that don't take counter space and/or ovens with microwave function as well as the oven

3. tea set and nectar tray that work like drink trays

because tea maker we have looks like coffee maker and gives no tea party vibes

and as for nectar tray i never have room for full bar in my sims dining rooms so that would be handy (and realistic cause i don't think i know anyone with full bar in their house but they do be sipping lots of nectar)

4. fridges hidden in cabinet so they look like normal cabinet instead (and preferably matching to cabinets and counters we have)

5. trash compactor

+looking back at sims medieval id also really appreciate cooking fireplaces and other nice kitchen goods there for some old style vibes
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    I tried to make light kitchen with natural accents today. I forgot that we have no standard counters with wooden or stone tops. I am done. Why I can not do one of the most popular kitchen type in Europe?

For example:
    kuchnia_glowna.jpg
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I don’t like how some of the upper cabinets remain visible even when you put the walls down.
    Also I want to show EA, how functional and nice sinks look like. Yeah it is from Ikea site, but several weeks ago I renovated my kitchen and I saw a lot of stylish solution for the kitchen among others there.

havsen-zlew-z-widocznym-frontem-bialy__0867287_PE671650_S5.JPG?f=xs
    kilsviken-zlew-wpuszczany-1-komora-ciemnobrazowy-kompozyt-kwarcowy__0916559_PE785249_S5.JPG?f=xs
    norrsjoen-zlew-wpuszczany-1-komorowy-stal-nierdz__0867576_PE585260_S5.JPG?f=g
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I must say, as impressive as all this is... No, that's not functional sinks.
    Seriously, an all stainless steel counter is a functional sink. Any insert will lead to some kind of mold / dirt / swollen wood issue eventually. I never understood why we went back to absolutely impractical fashion after the solid fused stainless steel counter was invented...
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
    edited November 2020
    I must say, as impressive as all this is... No, that's not functional sinks.
    Seriously, an all stainless steel counter is a functional sink. Any insert will lead to some kind of mold / dirt / swollen wood issue eventually. I never understood why we went back to absolutely impractical fashion after the solid fused stainless steel counter was invented...

yeah i think these are most usual kitchen sink look here and we don't have it either in ts4 ikea-bolhomen-sink.jpg

we also have drying cabinets for dishes but that might just be regional since i see people wipe stuff in america land

dbb5e4ca59d86a24ea109329b0777c2a.jpg like this is the realism combo for me when it comes to dishes
    That kitchen looks like kitchens from Poland and Czechoslovakia in around 70’, 80’ as a saw on photos 😂

Anyway, The Sims 4 do not have any kind of real sink to be honest. There is no functional, steel or just stylish type of kitchen sink. Also we have a gap of another objects and as I said previously, counters and cabinets type. As I remember, we have only 2 wall cabinets from expansions - from Spa Day and Kitchen Stuff.

I feel that EA totally du not care about builders and buy mode. CAS will be improved. Maybe BB can be next?
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    I think all sinks should come with a slot where we could place the kitchen utensils holder or something else that would indicate to the sims that it should be their first choice to wash their dirty plates instead of the bathroom sink. Also, more sinks with tall faucet spouts are needed for kitchens, you can't really wash large pots with short ones.
    I think that EA should make a collaboration with amazing CC creators as LittleDica and make the possibility to create official stuff pack for them to make such amazing content available as orginal stuff and available for console players also.

https://littledica.com/eco-kitchen-stuff-pack

tumblr_inline_qegop6i3Gj1ta3i21_500.png
    tumblr_inline_qegonbJQj51ta3i21_500.png
    tumblr_inline_qegpsiVS7b1ta3i21_500.png
    MTS_littledica-1951193-22-08-20_16-09-05.png
    MTS_littledica-1951195-22-08-20_16-08-02.png
    MTS_littledica-1951190-22-08-20_16-12-04.png
    MTS_littledica-1951189-22-08-20_16-12-56.png
    MTS_littledica-1951184-22-08-20_16-16-12.png
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    What I really miss is a built in fridge. I have seen dozens of kitchens in real life and the vast majority have built in fridges. It would really help for realism if we could have normal build in fridges for the existing counters.

Being able to snap mini fridges and washing machines under counters would also help to build realistic kitchens.

I also want full kitchens with matching counters, islands and upper cabinets. I like the RoM kitchen but miss the matching cabinets. And this is not the only pack with a incomplete kitchen.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    What I really miss is a built in fridge. I have seen dozens of kitchens in real life and the vast majority have built in fridges. It would really help for realism if we could have normal build in fridges for the existing counters.

Being able to snap mini fridges and washing machines under counters would also help to build realistic kitchens.

I also want full kitchens with matching counters, islands and upper cabinets. I like the RoM kitchen but miss the matching cabinets. And this is not the only pack with a incomplete kitchen.

I expect that Maxis found that most Simmers didn't bother with overhead cabinets when checking the feedback from Simmers who shared their gaming habits with them whilst playing. I don't bother with overhead cabinet usually as they get in the way of the action by not disappearing when you want them to and have to be set too high so that the counters underneath can be used. Snap in fridges would be affected by this probably too.

I'd rather Maxis used their budget for new stuff myself.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    edited November 2020
    i would like to ad my contribution i would say the sims4 games need hidden control dishwashers like this model and 3 rack models like this 2021 dishwasher model1 aIYQ0qI.jpg 2 Jo3KQxZ.jpg the 2021 model you see in pic 2 is the one my family owns in wait to be exchange and then install again because of a defect on the model that was delivered and fridge like this

3jzKY6HD.jpg more to add soon like cook tops and built in ovens
    Post edited by friendlysimmers on
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    That kitchen looks like kitchens from Poland and Czechoslovakia in around 70’, 80’ as a saw on photos

That's actually my point: They made better, more functional, kitchens then than what "Home style" propose now. As stylish as your first examples are, they are literally HORRIBLY badly designed from a practical standpoint.

Yeah but unfortunately at the moment we have nothing of that ;) Maybe some of SimGurus will spoil us something. Meaby one day we will get improved kitchens.

@SimGuruFrost @SimGuruNinja @SimGuruDrake

I hope that you will see this topic.
    Another popular object which is not represented in The Sims 4:

Traditional furnaces:

6ab005021fcc2b2a36442d0163b607af.jpg

Bar tables:

0_0_productGfx_15055.jpg

original_8e9d9b27e94a65017495f6f228dbf741.jpg

p-zestaw-barowy-3-szt-mdf-bialy.jpg

Mixer:

smeg-smf02bleu.jpg

Blender:

i-smeg-blf01bleu.jpg
    edited December 2020

Traditional furnaces:

yesssss i neeed
    also wood burning stove /ovens like this

845287.jpgpuuhella-valmis_MG_2761.jpgSerafiinaLU_small.jpg
    Simmingal wrote: »

Traditional furnaces:

yesssss i neeed
    also wood burning stove /ovens like this

845287.jpgpuuhella-valmis_MG_2761.jpgSerafiinaLU_small.jpg

Traditional wood stoves like that would be perfect for off the grid.