Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sentiments stopped working. Anyone else?

I have been enjoying Snowy Escape and played it for several hours before it crashed. I came back to it again and played for a few more hours, but I realised that the second time, I wasn’t getting any new sentiments and the old ones had disappeared. My sim just spent Christmas at a rental with her boyfriend and his daughter and she didn’t get a single new sentiment during that time with either of them. She has nearly 100% friendly relationship with the daughter, but not a single sentiment. Anyone else experiencing this? It worked fine the first time I played before the game crashed.

Comments

• kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    I'm not sure if they stopped working, but I've been playing for a while after the sentiments were added, and I've only gotten one, after a father put his toddler to bed. After that my sims have had all kinds of activities together, and I would expect some of them give at least some sorts of sentiments. Like two child cousins, who are best friends with each other, on vacation sledging and building snowpals, and constantly doing something together.

I don't really know, if my sims have really done anything to earn sentiments, but I would kind of expect some actions they've done together to earn them.
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I've gotten a few but I haven't played yet today. It actually can take a while to get a sentiment, and sometimes one Sim will have one but the other won't. For example, Don Lothario (who is friends with my male Sim) got one about my female Sim as being fun to be around, but she didn't feel the same about him. Another time, my female Sim was angry and when her boyfriend went to talk to her she chewed him out. She then got a guilty sentiment for a mean social (she has the Proper trait) and he got a Hurt sentiment from her yelling at him. All this was autonomous, BTW -- but I directed her to apologize and that took away both the hurt sentiment and the guilty one.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • CAF84CAF84 Posts: 113 Member
    Thanks for the replies. What confused me is that my sim had around 5 sentiments about her boyfriend, but they all disappeared after the crash. Now there's only one on the sim info page and it's one he has with her (a random one about using the hotpot together). Before, the title relationship icon on the UI would be constantly flashing gold with new sentiments, but it didn't do it at all the second time around. I'll see how it behaves later and if it's still the same, I'll contact support I think.
  • SimandsimandsimSimandsimandsim Posts: 20 New Member
    The maximum you can get is four sentiments. PM me for any help with sentiments. :)