Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"We Aim To Be Inclusive"

Comments

• DarkwingzDarkwingz Posts: 83 Member
    edited November 2020
    @EliteGirl I should probably remind you that there have been up to four thousand different shades of skin discovered by a Brazil artist.
    Article on that.

The most efficient way for EA to utilize that realistic color range would be to include an RGB color palette and shade slider with ROYGBIV and different variations of "human pink." (Albinism would likely be in the lightest of ROYGBIV.)
    Even then it may be a difficult UI, if users feel overwhelmed.
    You can search for my builds with EA Account ID: MASTERDARKWINGZ
    No longer taking build requests/questions, sorry.
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    edited November 2020
    Another Problem with the "Twitter Inclusive Crowd" is that they don't like anything Japanese related, they even ruin beautiful artwork masterpieces under the guise of "fixing" it, I Love Japanese Culture, it has something my country lacks a Cultural Identity, every other country has their own Culture except mine due to it being Multicultural and it's because of this that most ignorant people think that it always winter up here and that we drink maple syrup all the time.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    edited November 2020
    Darkwingz wrote: »
    @EliteGirl I should probably remind you that there have been up to four thousand different shades of skin discovered by a Brazil artist.
    Article on that.

The most efficient way for EA to utilize that realistic color range would be to include an RGB color palette and shade slider with ROYGBIV and different variations of "human pink." (Albinism would likely be in the lightest of ROYGBIV.)
    Even then it may be a difficult UI, if users feel overwhelmed.

Personally, game skin tones tend to be bad in general.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited November 2020
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59tAqTtVpXg

If EA keeps getting so much hate for being "insensitive", this is what their future products are going to end up like :lol::lol:
    I saw this skit and directly thought of the Sims 4 race controversies :lol:
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?

If EA keeps getting so much hate for being "insensitive", this is what their future products are going to end up like :lol::lol:

Don't know how people these days can be so easily offended, has no one heard of the phrase "Imitation is the best form of Flattery", all this over sensitivity just boils my blood, I mean where are everyone's backbones these days, whatever happened to standing up for what you believe it, I don't care if I offend these Cancel Culture Fascists, long live the Revolution, I know might be ranting but you can't denied that there's some truth to it.
  • Lorenerd11Lorenerd11 Posts: 105 Member
    @temporalgod Buddy, calm down, your grievance posts are getting increasingly bizarre.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    i went to make my post neutral but i will say this game or real life its good to know about diffrent cultures so stay calm and think sims thats what i do there is a way to add culture in the sims game and be respecful if you went on cruises and visited ports of calls caribbean or european or other countrys like when i visited egypt and lets not forget that the sims3 they added an egyptian world a chinese world and a french world in an ep even do you had to visit tombs and solve riddles so in a way i find it nice that they added a world base on japan and as players all players can have worlds and content base on there cultures.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member

This video is blocked in my country, where is it from?
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
    @StrawberryYogurt Oh, this is a Saturday Night Live skit- Asian American Doll, probably got taken down by a false copyright claim.
    You might have to Google where to (legally) watch the episode.
    @StrawberryYogurt Oh, this is a Saturday Night Live skit- Asian American Doll, probably got taken down by a false copyright claim.
    You might have to Google where to (legally) watch the episode.

Yes thanks! I was able to find it here: https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/asian-american-doll/2836284

Its really funny but also not too far from the truth these days!! Its like im living in a skit from The Onion

@StrawberryYogurt Sadly, this is the reason why I want to remind everyone not to pester EA on these demands too much.
    For even Disney fears the Political Correctness Mob.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    It's sad that many people hate diversity & cultures. :'(
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I have said it before and I have said it again: 99.9% of the time, the only people complaining about "PC culture" and "Cancel culture" are people just angry they cannot openly show their deeply discriminatory opinions.

Basically I am at the point that I automatically refuse to read any post containing "SJW", "Woke" or "PC culture" because the likelyhood of some deep seated -ist opinion being pushed at every turn is 99.9%.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

Their products are already like that lol
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    edited November 2020

America/Saturday Night Live.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    edited November 2020
    For those that pre-ordered the Snowy Escape Pack, I got notified by a user that bowing at shrines can no longer be done.
    The Sims 4 team aims to be inclusive, yet actively censors and removes Japanese culture.
    This is just as nonsensical as adding in a prayer bench, and then removing a prayer function because Jews and Christians have historically not got along.
    It not only removes inclusivity of people who the prayer base does represent, but acts as if bowing in Japan isn't the norm.
    If we can have a menorah in Animal Crossing New Horizons, then we should be able to unlock bowing in the Sims4.
    To do otherwise would only make a further mockery of EA's historical videogame failings.
    I look forward to the Kinder Egg crew's more ironic statements to back up this kneel to a fake cancel culture movement.

When I heard they removed the bowing interaction at the shrine, I was turned off from buying the pack even more. There's no reason to remove it whatsoever, especially if bowing wasn't going to be autonomous. Instead of giving their players options in a lifesim, EAxis simply chooses to remove things to appease to the Karen mob and as long as they keep doing crap like this, I keep on not buying. What EAxis did was basically side with one culture over the other, when they could have just kept the interaction for the players to use it if they felt like it. And if this world was strictly Korean inspired, I'd understand it, but it's not, which is even more of a reason to not remove it in favor of another culture.
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    edited November 2020
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    It's sad that many people hate diversity & cultures. :'(

Not that many people hate Diversity or Cultures It's just that the Political Correctness Police hates anything that's not under their control like Japanese culture for instant, the twitter mob really doesn't like anything Japanese related and yet they still claim to support diversity.
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

America/Saturday Night Live.

Yeah i guess it was a copyright thing because I live in America.

edited November 2020
    every other country has their own Culture except mine due to it being Multicultural and it's because of this that most ignorant people think that it always winter up here
    I don't care if I offend these Cancel Culture Fascists, long live the Revolution, I know might be ranting but you can't denied that there's some truth to it.
    For even Disney fears the Political Correctness Mob.
    Political Correctness Police hates anything that's not under their control like Japanese culture for instance
    What the hell are any of you even talking about at this point
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    For those that pre-ordered the Snowy Escape Pack, I got notified by a user that bowing at shrines can no longer be done.
    The Sims 4 team aims to be inclusive, yet actively censors and removes Japanese culture.
    This is just as nonsensical as adding in a prayer bench, and then removing a prayer function because Jews and Christians have historically not got along.
    It not only removes inclusivity of people who the prayer base does represent, but acts as if bowing in Japan isn't the norm.
    If we can have a menorah in Animal Crossing New Horizons, then we should be able to unlock bowing in the Sims4.
    To do otherwise would only make a further mockery of EA's historical videogame failings.
    I look forward to the Kinder Egg crew's more ironic statements to back up this kneel to a fake cancel culture movement.

When I heard they removed that feature, I was turned off from buying the pack even more. There's no reason whatsoever for the removal of the bowing interaction in the shrine, especially if bowing wasn't even going to be autonomous. Instead of giving their players options in a lifesim, EAxis simply chooses to remove things to appease to the Karen mob and as long as they keep doing ❤️❤️❤️❤️ like this, I keep on not buying. What EAxis did was basically side with one culture over the other, when they could have just kept the interaction for the players to use it if they felt like it. And if this world was strictly Korean inspired, I'd understand it, but it's not, which is even more of a reason to not remove it in favor of another culture.

It’s a game and of course they are going to take it out. Out of respect for the people who live there. Though that being said they can do whatever they want to the game and EA and Nintendo aren’t the same company. EA wants the game to be friendly with whoever you want to be I don’t see why bowing makes you not want the game they bow when they greet each other. They have to make Animal Crossing New Horizon diverse for all holidays because it’s a game that is revolving around the real world time and holidays. That would make no sense to cut stuff out because we all live in different parts of the world they need to reflect that.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641

When I heard they removed that feature, I was turned off from buying the pack even more. There's no reason whatsoever for the removal of the bowing interaction in the shrine, especially if bowing wasn't even going to be autonomous. Instead of giving their players options in a lifesim, EAxis simply chooses to remove things to appease to the Karen mob and as long as they keep doing ❤️❤️❤️❤️ like this, I keep on not buying. What EAxis did was basically side with one culture over the other, when they could have just kept the interaction for the players to use it if they felt like it. And if this world was strictly Korean inspired, I'd understand it, but it's not, which is even more of a reason to not remove it in favor of another culture.

It’s a game and of course they are going to take it out. Out of respect for the people who live there. Though that being said they can do whatever they want to the game and EA and Nintendo aren’t the same company. EA wants the game to be friendly with whoever you want to be I don’t see why bowing makes you not want the game they bow when they greet each other. They have to make Animal Crossing New Horizon diverse for all holidays because it’s a game that is revolving around the real world time and holidays. That would make no sense to cut stuff out because we all live in different parts of the world they need to reflect that.

By doing it they side one country to another.By removing an action because it offend some one else.They can so what they want, but it dosen't make it right.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

By doing it they side one country to another.By removing an action because it offend some one else.They can so what they want, but it dosen't make it right.

I understand that but it’s not like this game is represented actual peoples lives. So they could have just as easily put in a bow to a fake culture. Like Sims Medieval has fake religions so they don’t offend anyone.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641

I understand that but it’s not like this game is represented actual peoples lives. So they could have just as easily put in a bow to a fake culture. Like Sims Medieval has fake religions so they don’t offend anyone.

Oh I agree with you.To me they shouldn't took it out.
    edited November 2020
    At this point it's American Politics, I don't even support their Oompa Loompa president, but you know it's bad when even centrists like me don't like a certain political party.
    What? How does people having opinions on Twitter have anything to do with US electoral politics?
    I don't think we had any Democratic officials opine on Japanese-themed Sims 4 expansion packs, or anything else of that variety.
  • Barbie430Barbie430 Posts: 97 Member
    Lorenerd11 wrote: »
    At this point it's American Politics, I don't even support their Oompa Loompa president, but you know it's bad when even centrists like me don't like a certain political party.
    What? How does people having opinions on Twitter have anything to do with US electoral politics?
    I don't think we had any Democratic officials opine on Japanese-themed Sims 4 expansion packs, or anything else of that variety.
    We’re in the same boat of confusion. I have no idea what’s going on in this thread anymore. The “PC” rants just fly by me these days but the comparison to literal fascism is a new one.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top