Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kaori Nishidake??

Ok i went against my better judgement and got SE since i am a boarding fanatic (both snowboard games ánd in real life) and i noticed a certain sim among the new premades: Kaori Nishidake. now i really am curious: is this one a nod towards the SSX series?? since well, the whole snow sports theme and Kaori is one of the most wellknon characters of the series. it is kind of hard to tell since she does love boarding and has this "ok my family doesn't get along with their enemies but i am positivity incarnate :D" attitude, however, she doesn't really resemble the SSX Kaori imo

zggVH7l.png

in the game she is a little on the thicc side, not fat but you get the idea

fZZXHzw.jpg

this is the SSX Kaori. this one is from SSX 3 but she generally is always the same: small skinny gal hence why she is one of the best characters for trick runs

i still find it really cool though but am a little dissapointed XD i wanted to add Kaori to my SSX crew that i am playing atm XD but having two Kaori Nishidakes around would be quite awkward!

Comments

• bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    so i don't know the ssx game but given their similarities i'd say it's indeed a reference to her!
    (looking up ssx belongs to ea then more than sure it's a nod)
  • DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    bella_goth wrote: »
    so i don't know the ssx game but given their similarities i'd say it's indeed a reference to her!

SSX was made by the EA team indeed. that's why i was wondering if this is a nod to Kaori from SSX ^_^ but now that you mention it, their faces are quite identical. guess Kaori put on some weight though since her SSX tour ^_^ and she got younger!... ahh i see :D this is her BE4 her SSX career XD well i better send her to the gym then! and invite her to my snowboarder club ^_^ because Kaori Nishidake is a BEAST in SSX! easily one of the best characters for trick attack and her signature trick, the Pirouette Grind, is amazing: both to look at and for points!
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member

SSX was made by the EA team indeed. that's why i was wondering if this is a nod to Kaori from SSX ^_^ but now that you mention it, their faces are quite identical. guess Kaori put on some weight though since her SSX tour ^_^ and she got younger!... ahh i see :D this is her BE4 her SSX career XD well i better send her to the gym then! and invite her to my snowboarder club ^_^ because Kaori Nishidake is a BEAST in SSX! easily one of the best characters for trick attack and her signature trick, the Pirouette Grind, is amazing: both to look at and for points!

that feeling when the sims team adds more lore from other characters than their own LOL
    but it's a cool nod for ssx fans nonetheless c:
  • DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    that feeling when the sims team adds more lore from other characters than their own LOL
    but it's a cool nod for ssx fans nonetheless c:

sure is :)