Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Have the Worst Luck

Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
I was playing the household with the teen and her grandparents. I decided to send them for a hike when, suddenly, they all got attacked by insects at the same time! They all got an electric shock and then the grandparents became angry because of a terrible hike. (The teen was embarrassed because she was the leader.) Then (probably due to the Personality Please mod), the grandparents started arguing, and it got to the point that they ended up fighting and developing loads of negative sentiments for each other! I ended up having to quit without saving because now the storyline is ruined. I'll probably have to remove some of my mods.
Post edited by Simtown15 on

Comments

• DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    edited November 2020
    I would have loved that, the game (and mods) throwing me for a loop. Having said that... Personality Please hasn't been updated for this latest patch, so that might give some problems.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I can totally see how that messed up your storyline, but I am actually really looking forward to some random events like that in the game.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    It's a shame it ruined your storyline, but I'd love this kind of chaos on my game :lol: I feel the Sims live in happy land too often lol
    giphy.gif
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    That chain of events is kinda awesome though. I too am looking forward for things like that to happen... something totally unpredictable I could keep building upon.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    To all of you excited for the chaos: If you think the hikes are bad, just wait until your sims fail a mountain expedition! I had two sims, husband and wife, go mountain climbing, but they couldn't get to the summit because their rock climbing skill was too low. I had to end the expedition and one became bitter and the other resentful. The resentful sim was angry with her husband and her husband was sad due to guilt.
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    You're really unlucky! That's almost a skill at that level :D

Still, I'm really glad that finally, actions lead to reactions, one way or another. If they could polish the system down the stretch, all the better.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    To all of you excited for the chaos: If you think the hikes are bad, just wait until your sims fail a mountain expedition! I had two sims, husband and wife, go mountain climbing, but they couldn't get to the summit because their rock climbing skill was too low. I had to end the expedition and one became bitter and the other resentful. The resentful sim was angry with her husband and her husband was sad due to guilt.

Couples falling out on vacation or on an outing is not out of the ordinary :lol::lol:
    giphy.gif
    Update: It gets worse. A CHILD FROZE TO DEATH on the bunny slopes. I have the worst luck on the entire Sims Forums!
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Amazing.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Unpredictable game play that's all I ever wanted. Now was the child that froze to death currently being played when it died if not that needs to be changed
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,286 Member
    I was a bit apprehensive taking my Global Superstar and his wife and three eldest kids (Toddlers) on vacation. So, I did a Save As and renamed that save, so if the worst happened, I could still roll back and all would be well. (I have learned this the hard way.) That being said, sometimes, a random twist can be a welcome change.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Unpredictable game play that's all I ever wanted. Now was the child that froze to death currently being played when it died if not that needs to be changed

Why does it need to be changed? That’s why things are boring now...
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    OP is incredibly lucky! Here's me trying to get my evil sims to be hated to no avail.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Ooh, I love a bit of drama. I hope i see some of that going on in my game.
    @ChadSims2 It was a child in another household.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member

Because I don't want my Sims dying when not under my control.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    Ohhhh wait...

It’s Friday the 13th!!!
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

What if it only happened to non-played sims? Is that ok?
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »

What if it only happened to non-played sims? Is that ok?

For me, yes. I play in rotation and if a member of one of my played families died randomly while I was playing another it would be very upsetting. But if it happened to a townie child I would run with it as something random my sim witnessed that might affect what I did with them going forward.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Update: It gets worse. A CHILD FROZE TO DEATH on the bunny slopes. I have the worst luck on the entire Sims Forums!

OMGosh, really? *runs to add more layers of clothing*
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member

Dang, that's ... cold! (I'm sorry!)
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    your thread number has the 666 on it, found it curious given the thread title lol