Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Small suggestion: Individual Sims bio

thatpinkcoconutthatpinkcoconut Posts: 187 Member
edited November 2020 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Title says it all. We already have a household bio that can be accessed in the map view before playing a household. But am I the only one who thinks that it's kinda limited? It'd be nice if Sims have their own individual bios as well. They can just add pages... first one for the household and the next ones for each of the Sims in the household. This can be really useful for storytelling and note-taking. Even better... add it in the new Sims Profile!
Post edited by EA_Leeloo on

Comments

• Options
    Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    I liked this from The Sims 2.

I also liked the "Story Book" for each neighbourhood. I used to update it strictly with a new photo and bio each time I rotated to a different household.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Alwe1507 wrote: »

I also liked the "Story Book" for each neighbourhood. I used to update it strictly with a new photo and bio each time I rotated to a different household.

This. EXTREMELY USEFUL for story-focused players. I'm aware of TS4's "memory" / screenshot system... but it's too crappy, tedious, and overall not implemented well
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    The memory system is just a waste of space, I would love a place to add individual bios.
  • Options
    Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    Alwe1507 wrote: »

This. EXTREMELY USEFUL for story-focused players. I'm aware of TS4's "memory" / screenshot system... but it's too 🎃🎃🎃🎃, tedious, and overall not implemented well

I'm aware of it, just haven't used it.

I also liked The Sims 2 memories. Although there were a lot of tedious, unnecessary memories that really cluttered the memory timeline lol
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    It wouldn't appeal to me. I don't do storytelling, and a backstory doesn't matter much when Sims pretty much have the same personality
  • Options
    AteezinWonderlandAteezinWonderland Posts: 96 Member
    I would love that! I heard of the memory system, but I think they need to adapt it better. The screenshotting or whatever the memory system requires is difficult for console simmers.

I also want them to bring back wants and fears. That system said so much about a sim with so little!
    Check out BTS and ATEEZ!
  • Options
    It wouldn't appeal to me. I don't do storytelling, and a backstory doesn't matter much when Sims pretty much have the same personality

If you think about it, my suggestion is kinda useful for this. Regardless of how bland the Sims themselves currently are (which they are, arguably), I think it'd be nice if we can write stuff about them so that when we continue to play with them and their household, we remember what kind of Sim they are.... and their experiences.
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    edited November 2020
    Yes! I've been trying to figure out what sim guru to tweet this idea to, but it hasn't worked out so far. I simply don't know enough about game design to know who goes over these things.

Can't we start a petition?
  • Options
    I would love that! I heard of the memory system, but I think they need to adapt it better. The screenshotting or whatever the memory system requires is difficult for console simmers.

I also want them to bring back wants and fears. That system said so much about a sim with so little!

Like what elanorbreton said, the current "memory system" of the game is just a waste of space. It's good on paper but the execution is lackluster
  • Options

If you think about it, my suggestion is kinda useful for this. Regardless of how bland the Sims themselves currently are (which they are, arguably), I think it'd be nice if we can write stuff about them so that when we continue to play with them and their household, we remember what kind of Sim they are.... and their experiences.

I liked the biography systems because it was always fun to go in and see what experiences the sims had. The Sims 2 memory system was perfect for this, because once you paired that with their biography, you found yourself being something of a detective trying to piece their lives together, and they are vague enough for you to fill in the blanks, but specific enough that you knew precisely what the team was going for when they were creating them (i.e. The Pleasants)
    Check out BTS and ATEEZ!
  • Options
    Duvelina wrote: »
    Yes! I've been trying to figure out what sim guru to tweet this idea to, but it hasn't worked out so far. I simply don't know enough about game design to know who goes over these things.

I don't want to sound like I'm belittling how hard game design is, because it really really is, but as an IT student who specializes on game design, I can say that the addition is relatively simple and small. I even think that modders can accomplish this
  • Options

I liked the biography systems because it was always fun to go in and see what experiences the sims had. The Sims 2 memory system was perfect for this, because once you paired that with their biography, you found yourself being something of a detective trying to piece their lives together, and they are vague enough for you to fill in the blanks, but specific enough that you knew precisely what the team was going for when they were creating them (i.e. The Pleasants)

I couldn't have said it any better. This is perfect.
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    edited November 2020
    Duvelina wrote: »

I don't want to sound like I'm belittling how hard game design is, because it really really is, but as an IT student who specializes on game design, I can say that the addition is relatively simple and small. I even think that modders can accomplish this

It could be, but there must be someone on the team who gathers ideas and works on this stuff, like there are also social media managers and 'quality designers' or simply, bug fixers. I don't think they would read an idea and do something with it because it's not their job.
  • Options
    edited November 2020

I couldn't have said it any better. This is perfect.

Thank you! :)
    Check out BTS and ATEEZ!
  • Options
    Where do we submit this idea? How do we start a petition or something? Haha @Duvelina
  • Options
    Where do we submit this idea? How do we start a petition or something? Haha @Duvelina

I would reach out producers! I also think that community managers who could pass that information along too, provided that the demand for such an addition was high.

I also think that keeping an eye out for any upcoming surveys is a pretty good call, and that judging by the content of past surveys, I think that they’re keeping tabs on Sims Community’s— especially here on the forums.
    Check out BTS and ATEEZ!
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    I think we're in the wrong section. How do I request to have this moved to the ideas corner?
  • Options
    EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey there!
    Just a quick heads-up, I moved this discussion to The Sims 4 Ideas Corner. :)
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I concur! Perhaps, they can have their bio on their phone. All the Sims have their phone, so, might as well add it in the notes section.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I miss personal bios from past games!
    a256aFi.gif