Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2: Veronaville - lots and sims rebuilt for Sims 3

DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
edited April 2022 in The Sims 3 Builders
cXuZHBY.png

My fourth completed town recreation (Technically I finished Bitville before Veronaville), something far more well known that the Stories and Tutorial worlds, this time ive completed the town of Veronaville, known for its extensive family trees and family feuds, with a town divided into an eastern english side, and a western italian side.

This time I have added content from a few other sources, all of which fits perfectly in the town. Veronaville in the original game was always difficult to play; all the playable sims were Capps, Montys, or the extra 'weird' family, the Summerdreams. Thankfully the very first expansion pack for Sims 2 added a university tailor made to match Veronaville; Académie Le Tour. This university featured a whole bunch of playable students who would move home to Veronaville after graduating, and having them in the town really added some needed variety. I have thus included all of these students who are living in various versions of the premade homes. I have also made the Monty family lot from Sims 2 PS2; in this game, Patrizio and Isabella ran a bed and breakfast up on a cliff, overlooking a small town, and they had a butler with them by the name of Don Treadwell. I consider this depiction canon and happening before the Sims 2 events, as the duo are much happier and you can assume that Claudio is alive and well still, with the feud yet to be reignited. As such, I have made a recreation of this PS2 lot and character.

You will need Master Controller from nraas to fully utilise these families, as family ties are not preserved between files. I have used store content in places, but only when it was generally needed to recreate a specific look, or when an item from Sims 2 reappeared in 3 as store content (Notably the morrocan stuff)

The Monty, Capp and Summerdream families with the exception of Bianca Monty, all come with graves on the lot, these are the various ancestors and are required for a complete family tree. The family ties to the playable sims MAY break upon placing these lots, but the ghosts themselves keep all their ties to each other. If the ancestors do not show up on the family tree after placing the lots, relink them with Master Controller. I built a custom graveyard to contain these ancestors, it has more than enough room for all the gravestones.

Like with the Four Corners thread, I will post the families and lots one by one, with commentary, lists of necessary changes, and any required maintenance via MC to get the family working as much as possible like it does in Sims 2

All my builds and sims are completely CC-free, official content only.

Other Sims 2 town lots and sims rebuilt for Sims 3:
  1. Tutorial World - Fully Complete! (Thread restructuring needed)
  2. Pleasantview - Early Progress (Thread coming eventually!)
  3. Strangetown - Nearing Completion (Thread coming eventually!)
  4. Four Corners - Complete, requires Townies and NPCs
  5. Bitville - Complete, requires Townies and NPCs

Quick Links:
  1. Monty family
  2. Capp family
  3. Summerdream family
  4. Monty family bin family (Bianca)
  5. Monty family bin family (Antonio)
  6. Capp family bin family (Goneril/Albany)
  7. Capp family bin family (Regan/Cornwall/Kent)
  8. Treadwell family (Bonus Lot)
  9. Friends household
  10. Sharpe family
  11. Powers family
  12. O'Feefe family
  13. Biggs family
  14. Freshe family
  15. Lee family
  16. Furley family
  17. Frost family
  18. Whippler family

Community Lot and Empty Home Quick Links:
Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
Post edited by Devalaous on

Comments

• DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    edited November 2020
    The Monty Family

Patrizio Monty never forgot Consort Capp's broken promise. But now his grandson Romeo has fallen for the Capp heiress. Will the Elders live to see the two families united?

Download the Monty family here

AD1IIg0.jpg
    NcqUwTJ.jpg
    Through his hard work, Patrizio has become the don of llama ranching, but will his grudge against Consort Capp prevent him from enjoying his legacy?

Patrizio is the very same Patrizio from Monte Vista, aged to elder and dressed appropriately. I believe I added some slight changes to make him look grumpier though. due to the family feud and the deaths of his dearest son, and two of his son's wives (one of whom was pregnant), Patrizio is now a bitter grumpy old man, locked in his feud with Consort and most of the Capp family. This is shown in his traits; he has a sixth social trait, Mean-Spirited, to show his change. His career history shows his past career as a doctor (I have no idea why EA made him a doctor in Monte Vista, it didn't fit his history at ALL), and he is retired as a Five-Star Chef. He inherits his skill points from Sims 3 and from the PS2 version of Sims 2, and he has an Everyday 2 outfit that matches his PS2 incarnation.

Official gender preference from TS2 game files:
    Male: -10
    Female: 0

Relationship settings:
    >To be filled in later, as the default game is a mess of unmatched relationships

zM3xfno.jpg
    c8nGrCH.jpg
    Isabella's culinary talents have long been the cornerstone of the Monty clan, but will her secret recipe for the perfect baked Alaska heal old family wounds?

Isabella is also the very same official EA sim from Monte Vista, aged up. She had a lot more skills than Patrizio to inherit from Sims 3, so she starts off a lot better. She has developed the Grumpy social trait due to the feud. She too, has an Everyday 2 outfit that is based on her PS2 appearance.

Male: 0
    Female: +10

Relationship settings:
    >To be filled in later, as the default game is a mess of unmatched relationships

TDSdFzY.jpg
    l8tMspV.jpg
    utLPDIM.jpg
    Good-natured and warm, Mercutio is the joker of his family. Can his good humor smooth the feuding family's ruffled feathers?

Mercutio is made from scratch. He, like his brother, required quite a few store items, due to his rebel outfit. He comes with level 2 in Driving, so he wont take long to get to use car; I give every sim a car, even the teenagers, just to curb the game's tendency to buy new cars for inactives constantly. He and Romeo have jobs in the grocery store, as part-time careers are very different in Sims 3. I did make a custom career outfit for him that matched the Sims 2 one, but I believe it wont transfer over to a fresh placement, sorry.

Relationship settings:

LmLca5G.jpg
    Bu28Pi1.jpg
    LIFBVrZ.jpg
    cW5NDf9.jpg
    Naturally charismatic and handsome, Romeo's on his way to becoming quite the heartbreaker. Will he meet his match in Juliette?

I had a bunch of problems trying to get Romeo looking right. He has a distinct look with sharp large eyebrows and a permanent smug look. Plus, his beanie and his beanieless look in TS2 I had to try to get right. His shirt is store content, but it might be one of the free packs, I dont remember. Wasn't many options there :p. His starting school grade is B, but all sims freshly placed in a wrold defualt to C, no matter the packaged settings, so you'll need to set a grade of B yourself, but it doesnt really matter all too much.

Relationship settings:

ifvBNzI.jpg
    Claudio's determined to make his parents proud with his lovely wife and wonderful children. But will he be able to reconcile his son's romance with his family's sworn enemy?

Claudio is present on the lot in the right spot, and he is the same unborn sim from Monte Vista, a natural blend of Patrizio and Isabella's genetics, with his looks customised to resemble Sims 2 Claudio. He even has the same skills, and his official bio from Sims 2 that you'd never see, is used. Due to Sims 3 making all Starvation ghosts thin, his fatness from 2 is not present.

goesr0N.jpg
    While Olivia loves her children and always wanted a big family, will her next birth push her over the edge?

Olivia Monty was infamous in Sims 2, as she mysteriously died of starvation alongside her husband, while pregnant. The pregnancy wasnt properly set, and its impossible to actually die of starvation while pregnant, but for storytelling reasons, this is what canonically happened. She is made from scratch, and her whole family tree is present. I plan to make a past version of the Dottore family to place in Monte Vista, so that baby Claudio can one day meet baby Olivia and make history. At least, up until their tragic end.

1YZ3Ffn.jpg
    ocDRp9d.jpg
    The Monty Ranch, mostly the same, but with Sims 3 having pretty much no cacti, I replaced the cactus beds with clovers. I also added an electrical box and a dirt path to the ranch's top floor. The garden is left empty intentionally, so that Patrizio and Isabella plant some fruits and vegetables there for their culinary creations.

YEAytgj.jpg
    Due to game engine differences, the chess table could no longer fit in the 3x3 room it was in, so ive moved it up here.
    The staircase is visibly bugged here, its texture didn't load in; it isn't supposed to be white. I only noticed this after the screenshot.

MDc9Jiv.jpg
    The bedroom chamber of Patrizio and Isabella. Not much change here, but there is flowers gifted to each other, and end tables to hold them on.

Cpz7ayg.jpg
    This section of the ranch has the urns of Claudio and Olivia, now much better decorated, and also has the secondary bathroom. That 3x3 empty room is ideal for laundry. I originally set up a complex system where all the flowers around the urns were from the actual Monty family members, as if they were all mourning the loss of Claudio and Olivia, but the game did not keep track of the flower gifters after placing the lot down in a fresh world. Ah well, it was neat viewing the flowers and seeing 'a gift from Bianca! how nice!' (I even had flowers from Hero, who as we know, was the next to die..)

AoenLbh.jpg
    The kitchen is largely unchanged, but the chess table could not fit, so it became a regular 'reading table', I constantly see Patrizio and Isabella eating pancakes and reading books here, in their PJs.

iQaKjiH.jpg
    The teen side of the ranch, I even added the trash piles that are present in their rooms at the game's start! I gave Romeo's bedroom an end table, so he can display the flowers he will inevitably receive from Juliette. Plus, it always irks me when a bed doesnt have an end table.

Finally, as a bonus picture;
    RS3vwF6.jpg
    Patrizio and Isabella's PS2 outfits, with Don Treadwell.

edited November 2020
    The Capp Family

Juliette Capp has fallen for Romeo, golden child of the rival Monty clan. Can the Capps set aside their grudge and put Juliette's happiness first?

Download the Capp family here

yR8EiHA.jpg
    zQkkP1y.jpg
    Consort Capp was once associates with Patrizio Monty. What led to the end of their relationship, and can it now be salvaged?

Consort is straight from Roaring Heights, and aged up and dressed the part, he looks just like his Sims 2 counterpart, only a little less exaggerated. Like Patrizio, Consort has changed in the years since Roaring Heights, and his traits are adjusted. No longer is he a coward or athletic (which didn't fit him at ALL), he is now Grumpy and Family-Oriented, with a sixth Mean-Spirited trait brought on by the family feud and the death of his beloved daughter.

Relationship settings:

CU2mnns.jpg
    WDFuQiZ.jpg
    0i9vZd1.jpg
    LUbcTUD.jpg
    Outspoken but surly, Tybalt is proud to carry the Capp name. Will his pride and hatred of the Montys ruin his sister Juliette's chance for happiness with Romeo?

Tybalt Capp is probably the only one of the younger generation truly interested in the feud, and it would not surprise me if hes responsible for some of the stuff keeping the flames burning; teens are very reactionary and impulsive. Tybalt has earned his driver's license, since hes close to aging up to YA, and for those that cant stand his silly facepaint, he has an Everyday 2 without it. In the original game, he had it on every outfit, except for when he was bathing, but ive done a sanity check and applied it only to his Everyday 1. In Sims 2 he had facial hair, showing his general age compared to the other teens as the oldest teen in town, but Sims 3 has really bad options for teens when it comes to facial hair. Once hes a young adult, he should have light stubble around his chin to be accurate to his Sims 2 look.

Since private school is no longer a thing, he simply goes to regular school with the Monty brothers, and likely makes every day hell for them.

Relationship settings:

crncbZo.jpg
    IlpIxWw.jpg
    Juliette loves her family and wants to please them, but her feelings for Romeo are undeniable. Can she make her family proud and make herself happy as well?

Juliette was a bit problematic, as theres no skirt like her original one. I still think she looks close enough to be instantly recognisable though. Unlike Tybalt, Juliette and Hermia have to use bikes, until they are taught to drive by Consort. She still owns a car thats waiting for that day though.

Male: +10
    Female: -10

Relationship settings:

3gDdrQF.jpg
    YCbmVTl.jpg
    Hermia is smart, but on the shy side. She often wonders what rock her brother Tybalt crawled out from under.

Hermia was definitely troublesome. Her unique look was almost entirely impossible to recreate, due to a lot of missing assets. So she has a slight redesign. She also ended up using some store content, as the rebellious outfits in Sims 3, most of them tend to be from the store, especially for the teens. Since Sims 3 dumbs down the relationship panel in a lot of ways, you cant set her to be crushing on both Mercutio and Puck without affecting her romance reputation, she'll be considered cheating if both end up as Love Interests. Probably best to just hook her up with Puck, as the Summerdream family scripting encourages. Let her cousin go after Mercutio :p

Relationship settings:

394RS77.jpg
    Contessa is a strong matriarch who can hold a grudge. Will she let go of her anger at the Montys and do her daughter Cordelia's memory justice by allowing Juliette to pursue her true love?

Contessa is the same Contessa from Roaring Heights, aged to Elder. I didnt give her a sixth trait like the other three elders, as I didn't see the point in it, given that she starts dead. She did live to see Cordelia and Caliban die though, and her death seems to be the most recent thing in Veronaville when the game starts. She didn't have any skill points in either Sims 2 or Sims 3, so ive given her some appropriate ones, just incase someone revives her or makes her a zombie or so forth.

She also left her classic car from her Roaring Heights days for an heir to inherit; you'll find it in the family inventory. I thought this would be a neat thing.

vmAiCZ3.jpg
    vIUTdMn.jpg

Cordelia and Caliban, the parents of the Capp teens, both were very buggy in Sims 2, Caliban especially. Cordelia was born ingame to Contessa and Consort in Roaring Heights, similar to Kent, but I had to edit her face to 'un-Cappify' it, as she inherited the gaunt Capp face. She doesnt look like that in Sims 2, so I needed to give some quick plastic surgery..

Caliban has always been probably the greatest throwaway ancestor in the game; he wasn't given a full set of ancestors, only the two parents, his ghost was the most broken of the ones on the Capp lot, and his grave was kept out on the lawn, while Consort had his wife and daughter stored in his bedroom.

nGZJBHH.jpg
    QpYlQ0F.jpg
    The Capp Manor, ancestral home of the Capp family. I needed to add some little fences around the central pathway, as unlike Sims 2, everyone decided to walk on the grass AROUND the steps as it was faster, while in Sims 2, they used the path like the civilised family they were. Now there is small flower beds restricting access to the grounds on the sides, ensuring they use the pathway as intended.

The Capp ancestral graveyard isnt big enough to hold all of Consort's ancestors comfortably, so they will need to be moved to the Veronaville Graveyard.

fHAlvmv.jpg
    Consort's room downstairs has flowers from Contessa by his bed now. Presumably the last gift he ever received from her. It would be ideal to buy them a bookcase for that entryway room where they sit by the fire. I wanted to add one myself, but I don't like deviating too much, because if I start, then I'll revamp the WHOLE house. I would rather have other players customise these homes to their individual liking.

wgpV7rt.jpg
    The kitchen area. Like all kitchens (unless I forget outright) it now has a recycling bin added.

wgpV7rt.jpg
    The largest upstairs bedroom ive always considered to be Juliette's room, Tybalt may be the eldest, and a dude like him would definitely warrant his own space and bathroom, but Juliette is repeatedly called the heir of the Capp family, so she gets special priority treatment it seems.

sVc8RxT.jpg
    Hermia and Tybalt's bedrooms. Hermia's room has ALWAYS been obvious, and the room with the TV was always either Tybalt's or Juliette's.

Bonus pictures: Contessa's passing.
    8HkbDlu.jpg
    Patrizio picking another fight

Yci3S5o.jpg
    Contessa's heart just couldn't cope with all the drama day in, day out, and thus..

9pRzoPd.jpg
    Her time had come.

l2TLKdC.jpg
    Nothing but time cures the pain of loss, but pizza helps ease it.

uXqHwuU.jpg
    The lucky pizza guy was even allowed to have a piece!

The Summerdream Family

The Summerdreams' kindly nature and zest for life have cast a romantic spell over Veronaville's youth. But will there be any magic left for Puck?

Download the fairy version here
    Download the non-fairy version here

O9L1Vpm.jpg
    Rsvhl2H.jpg
    8vBNGOT.jpg
    Trying to master the art of home video editing, Oberon has been neglecting his lovely long-time companion Titania. Is it too late for him to recapture their love?

Oberon is a reconstruction of the official Oberon EA townie from Moonlight Falls, aged up to Adult and dressed appropriately. I had to use some makeup from Into the Future's registration rewards I think it was, to mimic the look of his superhero mask from TS2. Since a home video editor isnt a career in the game, he works as a Book Club Moderator, which fits his original Knowledge aspiration. His Moonlight Falls traits barely fit his TS2 incarnation, so they have been mostly replaced; people can and do change considerably over time afterall.

Relationship settings:

XKlQ0tS.jpg
    cjsH2bH.jpg
    x7EtQR0.jpg
    Though devoted to her adopted children Puck and Bottom, Titania is feeling restless. Can she again find the peace, love, and happiness she used to share with Oberon or will she look for attention elsewhere?

Titania is also taken from Moonlight Falls and aged up to Adult. Her traits were reconfigured as well, and she has a career as a Shopping Music DJ, the closest equivalent to her DJ career from TS2. I miss the Slacker career. She can actually use those DJ skills outside her career too, thanks to Showtime. Titania is also one of the few premade playable bisexual sims, but its rather difficult to keep in play, due to her romance with Oberon.

Relationship settings:

pM9flsp.jpg
    hhR6OXk.jpg
    Q1HhfO3.jpg
    Puck has been blessed with two loving parents—and a bratty kid sister—but sometimes he still finds himself lonely. Can he find a companion in Hermia?

Puck comes out looking much better, due to the lack of his horribly gaudy makeup in Sims 2. His pants are the fairy pants, which are amusingly, the only pants in the game that come close to his long shorts from TS2.

Relationship settings:

4cGhlIX.jpg
    8RlTpWv.jpg
    GL81l8z.jpg
    Bottom sometimes gets herself into trouble attempting to get attention from her parents and big brother. Will she grow up to be more respectful and responsible?

Sadly this is where I run into two problems Sims 3 has, at once. Sims 3 children tend to all look very samey, and any attempt to customise them messes up how they will look as adults, Thus for Bottom, I aged her up to adult in Sims 2, then used her adult appearance as a basis for this iteration. So, when this Bottom ages up to Young Adult, she should looks similar to her TS2 appearance. The second issue, is that Sims 3 is very very stingy on braids and dreadlocks, especially for children, so Bottom's hair wasnt even available. At least she has the outfit, somewhat?

In Sims 2, she had a Charisma skill point, but as that skill cant be legitimately learned by kids in TS3, you wont see her skill point in it till teenage years.

Relationship settings:

xEu8vuA.jpg
    i8DoAEv.jpg
    A rather odd house in comparison to the other main families. Very few doors, an open house that anyone could walk into, an odd place for the front doors, and the huge party spot out back. Given the Summerdreams arent exactly normal sims though, it kinda checks out.

mIUiKv2.jpg
    I added the graves of Titania's parents and maternal grandparents (ie the actual Summerdream line) around this pond, I feel it looks better this way, monuments to the previous kings and queens of the fae. There is also a fairy castle nearby.

mU9skGU.jpg
    The kitchen has an alchemy shelf with a huge amount of pollen punch, the secret elixir that you cannot learn or make. Its basically the stuff in the fairy homes, but in portable form, and everyone can drink them. I have it set up so that all four Summerdreams know the recipe for pollen punch, but they still cant make it; the creation of it is a lost art that only the old Summerdreams knew. As such the stock here is the last supply of it. There is also some fairy elixirs in the shelf contents, to convert people into faeries (or regain the fairy powers if playing the non-fairy version, but doing so will result in random wings)

10IXxhM.jpg
    There is now an alchemy table on the lower level, and several decorative plants have been replaced with functional gardening planters with alchemy plants and herbs in them. Oberon's mother's urn is also placed here, in place of a decorative urn.

2EbzIb0.jpg
    The top level also has gardening planters, and has Oberon's father's urn. I recall having to do something different with the staircases here due ti engine differences.

mVjvOGi.jpg
    Bottom and Oberon's rooms. Oberon doesn't actually use the bed, as he prefers to sleep with his girlfriend Titania, but I have placed home video items from Generations here to tie into his Sims 2 career and his official TS2 bio.

oKPXnOb.jpg
    Titania and Puck's rooms. Titania's room even has a cup of coffee randomly lying around like it does in TS2. I originally wanted Puck's room to have flowers from Hermia on his table, but the link was severed with the upload, so its just random flowers now. He has a backpack in his room, but its only for show; unless hes a non-fairy, he cant actually use it.

edited November 2020
    The Monty Family (Bianca)

Bianca Monty is happy to be out on her own, but can she find someone to make a family with?

Download Bianca Monty here
    Download the family bin version here

2XXUQEr.jpg
    AReYvjZ.jpg
    Finally out of the Monty compound, Bianca is looking for love so she can start a family of her own.

Bianca Monty is aged up from her child appearance in Monte Vista. While TS2 implies shes just starting her life, her overall story generally places her at Adult stage in this game, as her younger brothers both have had time to raise thier own families. I'm guessing she lived with her parents most of her life, and looked after the home while they were off doing the B&B thing from PS2. I also switched the age of Bianca and Antonio; in Sims 2 he was older than her, and we all know that Antonio is actually the middle child of the Monty family.

tGJjhgq.jpg
    2rYmPZW.jpg
    The house is one of the four homes she can move into in the original game. I have uploaded an empty original version of the home, the 'Tudor Starter A', this specific home is the one located at 20 Via Veronaville, the one furthest from the Capps.

tW4S7i4.jpg
    I kept the house decorations simple and cheap, as shes only just moved out from the comfort of the Monty Ranch and the luxuries there.

pe9I38j.jpg
    She has a spare room for when Kent or one of her family members needs to stay the night. Maybe one day she'll have a kid herself and convert that room to a kid's room.

The family bin upload is just like the TS2 version, all packed up and ready to be placed into a house of the player's choosing. The other version is a pre-placed house already furnished, so the whole town can be occupied quickly, and of course, for those that don't want to specifically play as her but have her in the background. The family bin version also respects TS2's choice of starting her unemployed, while the normal version has her already employed in the family businesss, the Culinary career. I always found it strange that only Antonio was employed, when all the other family bin families in Veronaville had clear intended careers and the skill points required for them. Must have been a development error.
    Post edited by Devalaous on

The Monty Family (Antonio)
    NOTE: Due to EA forum automatic censoring, this post will refer to Antonio's son as Benedict, as his real name is censored)

Recently widowed, Antonio must either give up his job at the family restaurant and use his savings to raise his twins Beatrice and Benedict, or hire help and keep the job he loves. What will be his role in the family feud that may have cost him his wife?

Download Antonio's Family here

hVKqbF6.jpg
    hwHBlwI.jpg
    Committed to his children, Antonio is determined to get to the bottom of his wife Hero's death. And what will be his role in the family feud that may have cost him his one true love?

This is how Monte Vista's toddler Antonio looks when all grown up. His hair is store content, but its the only hair in the game that resembles his TS2 hair. Like the original ,he comes with a very high level in the Culinary career, but he will be fighting to keep it until he raises his skills. His family bio has never made much sense; he never has the money to give up his job and raise his kids, as he has to buy a cheap home in the Capp side of town, furnish the house, and then work to pay the bills. I tend to believe he used to live in the house at 267 Avon Avenue, as it has plenty of room for him, his wife, and his kids, and that his wife's death forced him to move out and find a cheaper home.

Female:+10

zCMPFL2.jpg
    The more outgoing of Antonio's twins, Beatrice is quite the firecracker. But can she be as sweet as she is sassy?

Beatrice was practically impossible to perfectly recreate; there isnt really much hairstyle variety in Sims 3, and clothing is lacking too. In TS2 she has a denim dress, which doesn't exist in TS3, so I made do with the most similar items I could find. Beatrice had a hidden Family token in her files in TS2, so ive given her the Family-Oriented trait to reflect that

xoRRsBg.jpg
    Benedict is the gentler half of Antonio's twins. Sensitive and kind, he may some day be essential to solving the question of his mother's death.

'Benedict' is a twin to Beatrice with mostly identical facial structure. Like her, I used the Sims 2 version's adult look as a basis, then aged the result down to Child. He looks a little closer to his TS2 appearance than Beatrice does. Like Beatrice, Benedict had a hidden Family aspiration token in Sims 2, so ive reflected that in his traits.

gkaizP7.jpg

Hero Monty has sadly never been more than a thumbnail in the game files; she has no official bio, skill points, anything at all. Thus her Sims 3 appearance is built off extremely limited information. She is included with the family alongside her parents and grandparents. Since her death type is unknown, I set her to death to 'Blunt Force Trauma' as it sounds about right, with this family feud going on.

k7DeHUp.jpg
    1L2tX5R.jpg
    Instead of living in the same type of house as Bianca, which would be a bit boring, I used the Tiny Tudor from the Sims 2 Lot Bin with some edits. The house comes with a Generations treehouse, appropriately named Castle Monty, and has Hero's grave out back.

FNpA5r6.jpg
    Nothing too fancy, but Antonio and the kids can live comfortably here. The only thing the house really lacks is a second shower, expect to see at least one of the family smelly a lot as you balance three people around one low-budget shower.

jk3kxRl.jpg
    While this isnt quite Sims 2 furniture, there was so little space for two kids rooms that I had to utilise bunk beds. I also had to expand one of the bedrooms by shrinking the adjacent room, so that Benedict and Beatrice have an equalish amount of space. Beatrice still gets a little extra, as the elder twin.

Like the Bianca household, this comes in a family bin and pre-made home option. The family bin version comes with the standard 20k, with Hero and her ancestors in Antonio's inventory, while the regular version has the graves on the ground and ready for moving to a graveyard.

The Capp Family (Goneril & Albany)

Goneril's husband Albany wanted a big family, and he got it. Will their offspring carry on the Capp traditions, or smash the establishment to smithereens?

Download Goneril's family here

611jk2D.jpg
    jBPp0zQ.jpg
    While Goneril wanted children, it certainly wasn't her idea to have this many kids. And why does she feel like Albany perhaps married her more for her money than for her love?

Goneril is the child from Roaring Heights, aged to an adult and dressed appropriately, with a minor edit to make her eye colour accurate. Its amazing how accurate she looks; whoever was building the final store worlds actually cared about the little details in these cameos. She has a career in Business in the main download, at level 5, while she is jobless in the family bin version, to preserve accuracy with the original game.

qvbVZXq.jpg
    3bcJCHZ.jpg
    Albany loves his children. Too bad they don't love each other. Can Albany convince them that family is important? And can he convince Goneril as well?

Sadly Albany's fabulous moustache had to be toned down for a Sims 3 appearance. He has a career as a corporate drone in the Capp family business in the normal version, and starts jobless in the family bin version, to reflect Sims 2. He has a sailboat in his inventory with a pirate flag on it, so that he and Hal can play pretend in the waters of Veronaville, hunting down the imaginary Montyville pirates.

VlGYEEG.jpg
    aomvDyN.jpg
    Miranda's cynical and rebellious—and wants out of her parents' crowded house. Could that explain her sudden interest in Mercutio?

Miranda was one of the harder challenges. Despite being the youngest of all the Veronaville teens, she has a lot of hard edges to hr and looks a lot older than she is, with those typical Capp features. She also has that special custom hair, and a very unique outfit. I believe I did a good job at translating her look.

uE1gUcv.jpg
    Though he seems abrasive, little Hal is actually a very thoughtful boy. Will he mature into a healthy Sim despite his siblings' torment?

Hal was a tough one; his facial data is broken in sims 2, and his adult face doesn't match his child face. I didnt have a fixed save file on hand that links his face template to the right one, so I was forced to base his adult appearance off his original Sims 2 adult look. Which is still EA-accurate in a way. His pirate outfit is set to Everyday 2, so that he doesn't wander town in a costume

Q8aGn1b.jpg
    Desdemona wants to be just like her older sister Miranda. Will she be able to carve her own path in such a large family?

Desdemona, like Hal, uses an Everyday 2 for her original fairy costume, which is store content. Now she wont stick out like a sore thumb at every lot she visits, as she'll wear a normal outfit most days.

lgZLtI4.jpg
    The youngest in a large family, Ariel just hopes she won't get lost in the shuffle. Can she get enough attention from her parents with all her siblings around?

Ariel's sole notable trait in the original game was that she starts the game with gender preferences set to make her bisexual; while this wont come into play until shes a teenager, it does give players something interesting to keep in mind, she could very easily be the first in the town to have a same-sex relationship, especially during that awkward experimental teenage phase.

c4BxaDJ.jpg
    This is how Hal and Desdemona look in their alternate Everyday outfits,relatively matching how they look in TS2

ufPKvCR.jpg
    GDlXKZr.jpg
    bJp7ktT.jpg
    Goneril's family in TS2 always had a critical flaw; they had too many family members and not enough money to buy one of the few homes in town large enough to support them. There was only two homes in the eastern side feasible for them, and one still had space shortages despite that, so ive moved them into the only viable lot for them: 80 Bard Boulevard, which I have named the 'Bard's Estate'

The yard has some small additions; bike racks for the kids bikes, a picnic basket on the hill by the tree, Castle Capp to counter the Monty kid's treehouse, and a soccer net for Albany to play with his kids and keep himself in shape.

dfLN0U5.jpg
    The front door archway needed to be replaced with a glass door, as otherwise the game thinks the ack door is the front of the lot; leading to flipped thumbnails and everyone coming home from work or school going AROUND the building.

The lounge is nicely decorated, cant have the subplot of 'Did Albany marry me for my money?' if they arent well-off.

QYXW9cj.jpg
    The dining room and kitchen, with the bathroom having some small upgrades, with space left over for laundry, because this house would definitely need it.

Yq8lKOJ.jpg
    Ariel and the kid's bedrooms. Since there isnt enough space for Ariel, Hal and Desdemona to all have their own rooms, I divided this room with a halfwall, so that Hal and Desdemona can have some privacy. Later Ariel can move into Desdemona's room and Hal can have the bigger room, as the upcoming man of the house, he'll definitely need his own space.

s46H4x5.jpg
    this side of the house originally had one giant room. Miranda needed her own space, so I carved up that room into a room for the parents, a room for Miranda, and a small connecting room.

The family bin version has a key difference to the Sims 2 version: I increased the amount of money they start off with to around 60k, this way they should be able to buy this house or the other large lot. They really cant live in any of the starter tudor homes comfortably, ive tried many times :p It just doesnt work out.

The Capp Family (Regan, Cornwall and Kent)

Regan and her husband Cornwall are preoccupied with their careers, but Bianca Monty's affections for Regan's brother Kent have the household on alert. Will Kent have the courage to break the vendetta?

Download Regan's family here

JkCFFga.jpg
    Ox6p8J3.jpg
    Regan's determined to make it in business—and on her own steam instead of just her parents' money. Can she succeed without alienating her family?

Regan is the toddler from Roaring Heights, aged into an Adult. She definitely looks like she does in Sims 2. She starts off employed in Business in the normal version, as business is the Capp family career

H4wA7Sv.jpg
    bGOAJAd.jpg
    Cornwall isn't thrilled that his brother-in-law Kent is living with him while he gets back on his feet after losing his job. Can he make room for his wife's family in their home?

Cornwall had a great devil goatee in Sims 2, but it isnt present in Sims 3, so I used the silly western moustache from the Movie Stuff Pack. You can still kinda tell who it is. His bio implies he himself has lost his job, even though it would make more sense if it was Kent staying with the family after HE lost his job, so I have set him up to be unemployed, but with career history in Business. You will need to re-employ him manually or else the game will set him to any old random job.

xJ6VEIs.jpg
    Wy0Te4c.jpg
    Kent is the black sheep of the Capp family—far more enamoured of learning than of accumulating wealth or fighting with the Montys. Will he pursue his friendship with Bianca Monty despite his family's misgivings about it?

Kent was born ingame in Roaring Heights, the result of the premade pregnancy when Roaring Heights is played. As such, his facial features have largely been left alone. He does look like Consort and Contessa though. Kent starts off in the Science career in the normal version, and despite the game encouraging a potential romance with Bianca Monty, Kent starts the game off with a preference for males and a neutral interest in females. Gender preferences are not saved in the family data when uploading, so it is up to the player to reinforce this or not.

PBb0TVw.jpg
    bikxQUh.jpg
    xHjCZR2.jpg
    I placed them in the home at 7 Chorus Court, which is right across the road from Capp Manor. Notably, this house is two units in one, so it fits perfectly. Kent, the black sheep, can have his own area of the home and not interfere with Cornwall's business much. Cornwall is always picking fights with Kent in TS2, so its a good move to keep them isolated.

BwD6IP8.jpg
    Kent still needs to come over for dinner however, as theres one kitchen. The place is decently furnished, as a proper Capp residence should be, but they are still short on a lot of things. As Regan says, she wants to succeed on her own merits, not just inherit a fortune.

UX4444u.jpg
    Upstairs, I needed to change up the bathroom, as staircase differences resulted in a tile no longer being usable in the bathroom. The left room is unused, and will eventually be a kids room, for whenever Regan and Cornwall start a family. They aren't too in love with each other though, so it may not happen at all.

a3RvuQe.jpg
    On Kent's side however, he has a rather spacious living room for all his scientific studies. Fish tanks, a place to place his bug specimens, he even has some precious minerals lying around. There WAS some plants lying on his table, but his niece Hermia ate them in a recent party.

2m4yBMn.jpg
    Upstairs he has a room dedicated to scientific research, and an alchemy cabinet to display the results of his chemistry station.

Like with the other Capp family, I gave the Family Bin version extra funds, so as to have enough money to purchase one of the Divided Tudor lots, maybe even purchase the other large lot. The family bin version also starts the whole family off as Unemployed, just like in TS2.

The Treadwell Family

Don Treadwell was once the Monty family butler, and helped run the Cliffside Retreat, until the feud heated up and claimed the lives of several Montys. Now he stays behind in the now-closed B&B as its caretaker. Will it ever run again?

This is a bonus lot recreated from the PS2 version of Sims 2; in this game, the third level was helping Patrizio and Isabella Monty with a Bed and Breakfast called Cliffside Retreat, with the assistance of a butler named Don Treadwell.

Download the Treadwell family here
    Download Don Treadwell by himself here (This version is made for people who want to assign Don as a service NPC, as the town's desginated butler
    Download Cliffside Retreat by itself here (This version is made for people who wish to convert it into a community lot, potentially a resort, or even simply a second residential property for the Monty family to own)

GCjumPS.jpg
    5f6KNB6.jpg
    uMAZauP.jpg
    Don Treadwell attended the prestigious Cate School of Waitering where he majored in Snootery, with a concentration in Disdain. Secretly, he loves the tough but supple feel of denim.

Don Treadwell was a little too easy to make in Sims 3. I even set his alma mater to the 'Cate School of Waitering'. He will function well as a proper butler if set to one via Master Controller, but you will need to override his butler outfit with his Everyday white suit. I picture him as living in the B&B as the caretaker of it while his former employers sort out this nasty business with the Capps. Maybe Mercutio or Romeo will inherit the place and help restore the B&B to its original glory, with Don at their side?

hMXocjP.jpg
    Don has impeccable taste in classic cars.

XZl6D4U.jpg
    Ksqoo49.jpg
    This was a huge challenge to recreate. Cliffside Retreat is indeed, over a cliff, the back deck is suspended over thin air, supported by columns. I could not find a lot with a setup to recreate this effect, so ive settled with something simpler. The original PS2 game had no roofing in any part of the game, so I made the roof on this house purely to look pleasing, hopefully its not too bad. I not too good at doing roofs when not following an existing blueprint.

Of2mtTm.jpg
    Sims 2 PS2 has very bare lots due to the limited memory, you generally have everything very spread out with a lot of open walking space.

z2nf62q.jpg
    The right side of the lot has two bedrooms, one of which seems to be a special 'love room'.

5mY8yCg.jpg
    The left side has two more bedrooms, and the kitchen. One of the first goals of the level is to buy a table and chairs for the kitchen, but I intended on only recreating the level EXACTLY as it started off as, as the decisions on where items will go is ultimately up to the player and varies each game.

edited November 2020
    The Friends Household

Mitch and Max met the first day of school and struck up a friendship. Now in young adulthood, how will their friendship hold up now that Mitch has moved into the unused building next door?

Download Mitch and Max here

This is the Friends household from Sims 2 University, reimagining them as living in Veronaville before going to university, as two BFFs sharing a home after moving out of their parents homes in another nearby town. Veronaville has many homes that are split into two 'units', so I have always moved these to into one of those after they finished Uni in Sims 2.

mMfmOzT.jpg
    Max is trying to absorb some of Mitch's "cool" vibe. He enjoys reading and cooking.

Max Flexor has always been a bit of an odd duck. His name and appearance suggest a meathead jock, but his hobbies place him as something of a closet geek. He even has a Physics major in TS2, which translates to a Science degree in Sims 3 UL. I set his career to a Sports Agent, something he will likely switch from once he embraces his inner geekdom and gets that Science degree.

whcmgcU.jpg
    Mitch is into innovation, whether it's music, fashion, or art. He's a true hipster.

Mitch was a hipster long before I ever heard people using the term, how fitting :p He has an entry level job in the Art Appraiser career, and will likely end up with a Fine Arts degree.

J0sjBmQ.jpg
    QWDKMpi.jpg
    They get along really well, but I wasn't able to give them BFF status while keeping their Sims 2 level of relationship to each other.

u9sWBIv.jpg
    4Fe7uk3.jpg
    Max lives in the left home, the one with the kitchen, and Mitch has moved into the one next door. This home is the lot on 84 Via Veronaville, the 'Twin Tudor C' as I've named it in my remakes.

WbULEGm.jpg
    The first floor of Max's side. The lounge is basically a chillout space for them both to hang out in. I probably should have put a juice keg in there somewhere.

3Ktgm7c.jpg
    Max's bedroom and his workout room to keep himself in his buff state.

H6sc8ut.jpg
    Mitch's lower floor is almost entirely an 'art den' sort of place

8beYLzE.jpg
    Mitch's room, basic artsy rebel type of spot :p

The Sharpe Family
    Nothing is worse than having a dorky brother, except maybe having a dorky brother live with you! Roxie is tolerant of her brother, but hes putting a huge strain on her new relationship. Edwin likes having family nearby, but cant help but wonder if life would be better on his own, and away from Jonah's aggression. Can they find a way to all get along?

Download the Sharpe family here

The Sharpe family was originally the Sharpe household from Sims 2 University. Here, I have split them up into two families, as its not too realistic to expect Roxie and Jonah to keep Edwin around back home in Veronaville; Jonah would kick the nerd out right away! Note that I keep the Sims 2 personal bios the same, its more a stylistic choice there to reflect where they came from. The personal bios are rarely viewed to start with :p

zxt2f8o.jpg
    5PXFIci.jpg
    lArkqLv.jpg
    Roxie is doing fairly well at school and is highly tolerant of her brother Edwin -- or so she says. She likes to shop.

Roxie uses a lot of store content, but this was the only way to have her look remotely like she does in Sims 2 Uni. She specialises in playing bass, as shown in the household thumbnail in TS2, and could potentially start a band with Jonah and two other musicians. She is in the music career at level 1. She originally had a Psychology degree in TS2, in this version she would generally go for Fine Arts. Since she had progressed far enough in university to have 5 want slots in the original game, here she starts off with a sixth trait, as she has reached Rebel level 8. Similarly, she is one day older than her brother, to reflect how Sims 2 University spans four years, with Roxie started off in her second year of university.

5YNzkpQ.jpg
    6OZDR2P.jpg
    Edwin hates living with his sister and her boyfriend but can't find anyone else to move in with. Life would probably be better back in the dorms.

The horribly nerdy brother of Roxie, hes almost the total opposite of her. He had a math degree in the original, as one would expect. This would roughly translate to Science and Medicine, if he goes to university again in this game. He has enough nerd points to be able to do all the nerd activities up to level 6, and starts off as a Video Game Developer at level 1, truly a job for a nerd. He will likely go through the programmer track.

AbGIBSx.jpg
    kUUnbjI.jpg
    Very similar to the Friends household in the last post, they live in one of the three Twin Tudor homes, specifically 'Twin Tudor A', the home on 50 Poet Place. I was originally going to keep Roxie and Jonah together and kick Edwin out to a side house in the bigger 'Divided Tudor' lot, but it just didn't fit a small 'barely out of high school' family.

Roxie's side of the house has a small herb garden and spot to chill out with Jonah when he comes over, while Edwin, who barely goes outdoors, will occasionally manage to convince his sister to play chess with him, or more likely, invite his crush Delilah O'Feefe over and play a game with her.

GPFPmEy.jpg
    Roxie's side of the house is generally decorated more to match her and Jonah, Edwin is rarely welcome over here and definitely gets shooed out when Jonah is over. Edwin's skeleton class object is stored over here however due to lack of space. Sometimes the three will eat dinner together, as evidenced by the three chairs in the kitchen, but its likely a tense dinner each time.

9BFFoci.jpg
    Roxie's upstair's section has a place for her to jam with Jonah (who is a drummer), and she has a rather sizeable bedroom, even has her own mini fridge :D

e9oXevB.jpg
    Edwin has a very small basic kitchen downstairs so he can feed himself and keep up his gaming sprees, with a second beanbag for those two-player games when a friend is over.

2nQNnSK.jpg
    His small nerdcave up top, with the bathroom rearranged a little to make room for laundry. I can imagine a small deal going down that she wont hassle him too much in exchange for borrowing a small bit of his side for laundry, due to the lack of overall house space.

The Powers Family
    Jonah is the town's bad boy, wooing ladies left and right. Currently he's with Roxie Sharpe, but he just cant stand her dorky brother. Can they all learn to get along?

Download Jonah Powers here

Jonah is the girlfriend of Roxie Sharpe and is part of her household in Sims 2 University. Here, he is seperate, as they are living in thier home town, rather than in a rental home at university. I had to fix a bug in the upload, delete the original, then reuplaod with a different filename, hopefully it works better this time (Remove the 'bugfix' from the family name after use, unless you like seeing that in the family name :p)

BN4AmEm.jpg
    8BWuxIa.jpg
    Everyone seems to want to be with Jonah, the bad boy on campus but his main concern is getting his girlfriend's annoying brother out of the house as soon as possible.

Jonah actually has real tattoos now that are persistent with all of his outfits; due to the way Sims 2 works, all those tattoos only existed in his normal everyday outfit, as if they were stickers. A terrible thought..

Due to his second year student status in TS2, here he has a bonus sixth trait to mimic the extra want slot reward, and he has the Irresistible trait in it, like his bio implies. You'll have a tough time keeping him only in Roxie's hands! In the original game he had a really weird face with big puffy lips, I kind of managed to incorporate those features without making him look too strange. His original major was Philosophy, but due to the severe simplification in degrees in Sims 3, he'll basically be in Fine Arts this time. He starts off with a career in Music, at level 1, aiming to be a Rock Star (Although he is a drummer as shown by his family image in TS2, so he'll need to learn guitar skills too)

He also has his own motorbike in his inventory, as its truly the vehicle for him.

GE7MNVj.jpg
    Oug42uY.jpg
    Jonah lives in the house at 26 Via Veronaville, the 'Sturdy Tudor A'. Due to his grunge rebel sorta lifestyle, cant see him decorating it much. Hes got a bonfire out back, and a smaller firepit for at least three.

NEZN1AF.jpg
    Hes got some interesting decor in his home, contrasting the rest of the ALT students, with drums as a bookcase, an arcade cabinet, and a large professional bar, plus all the record rugs all over the house, to show his love for music.

I3CDXXn.jpg
    Upstairs he has a whole room to practice his music with Roxie, a bar to exercise on to keep his muscles, and a rather nice leopard-print bed for...romantic endeavours.

edited November 2020
    The O'Feefe Family

Delilah couldn't stand the hustle and bustle of the eastern side of town, so she moved out to the quieter side with her inheritance to focus on her artistic side. She aims to paint the town yellow.

Download Delilah here

The crush of Edwin Sharpe, Delilah lived in a rental home at ALT and was very much an anti-people person.

QW75AR6.jpg
    lZpswY6.jpg
    Delilah is aloof and sticks to her own "kind." She prefers paintings to people and loves the color yellow.

Shes slightly less dorky looking here than she is in Sims 2. She had an Art major, which perfectly lines up with the Fine Art degree in TS3. I gave her a yellow car and lots of yellow items, since she really likes yellow. One of the few times I don't have to make up a favourite colour for a Sims 2 character! She is employed as an art appraiser, but might be better suited to a self-employed artist or sculptor. At least keep her in the career long enough for the art training opportunities :p

2xqHBuB.jpg
    QjCuDZw.jpg
    Her home is a lot bin building, the Helluva Hacienda, with some small additions like palm trees and dirt patches. I wanted at least one other person living on the 'western side' since its pretty sparse and lonely over there. EA really should have added some smaller italian style homes.

Her living here is also a reference to ALT's version of the same lot, a rental home that is way too expensive to actually use.

GgZqAtA.jpg
    I had trouble filling out all the space with one single person living here. I made the opening room a socalisation area, with a small bar to make casual drinks for guests, and the big open room by the kitchen I made an art station, for painting, sculpting and sketching.

XMhtgPF.jpg
    Then theres the TV and book room, the spare bathroom, and spare bedroom.

Z6FB1sj.jpg
    Upstairs she has her bedroom, with lots of yellow, and a second art room, likely comes in handy in cold weather and rainy dismal days.

4EPVxxa.jpg
    She is all ready to go to university and get that Fine Arts degree!

The Biggs Family

Quiet and unassuming, Marla finds it easy to get lost in the background. She wonders if dormitory life at university will help her break out of her shell.

Download Marla Biggs here

Marla was one of the family bin sims from ALT, to be played in one of the dormitories.

WC8OxdD.jpg
    I2MsRRM.jpg
    yU9Klaj.jpg
    Marla may have some big glasses, but they're a reflection of her big heart. She is searching for her identity in a new place.

I couldn't get Marla to look exactly like shes does in TS2, especially since in Sims 2, shes meant to be fat, and that affects sims a LOT more in Sims 3. She still looks dorky and shy though, definitely a 'background' kind of person that most wouldn't notice in a crowd. She had a bilogy major in TS2, and her original programmed lifetime wish was to reach the top of the medical career, so she would benefit from the Science and Medicine degree. As such, she has a level 2 medical career (skipping Organ Donor, the worst entry level career ever)

RT75Jwt.jpg
    HrTO3SM.jpg
    Like Bianca Monty, she lives in one of the three Tudor Starter homes, specifically model C, located at 46 Bard Boulevard. There is a couple of sciencey items outside, like pots to plant things in, a telescope, and a chess table.

kWOohbH.jpg
    The interior is well decorated for a single sim with little money, she will live comfortably here, but will likely want to get some carpet later on.

kiYREeO.jpg
    Upstairs is her bedroom and a nerd's haven, full of science gear.

The Freshe Family

Tom has a simple dream; to become filthy rich as quickly as possible. He aims to get a degree in Business someday soon to get ahead of the game.

Download Tom Freshe here

Seems I have a minor typo in the uploaded version, oops. Tom Freshe was originally half of the Students household from ALT, a pair of serious students that lived together in a dorm of your choosing.

HVVT2Ey.jpg
    uI8MyBo.jpg
    WvhHGJc.jpg
    Tom is looking to make big bucks as fast and he can and figures going to college will put him ahead of the game.

One of two business nuts in ALT, Tom is the one who's more into fast promotions, stacks of cash, and cutting corners. The kind of guy that the real world is sadly full of. Typically, he had a major in Economics, which translates directly to the business degree, and he starts at level 1 of the Business career. Amusingly, I have it set in the test game where I playtest these sims and lots, so that his boss is Consort Capp, and his coworkers are all the younger Capps. If he hopes to become a power broker one day, he has to first start off delivering coffee to Goneril, Albany and Regan and getting in their good graces.

GeY9pvT.jpg
    Tom lives at 100 Via Veronaville, in the Classic Tudor A. I forgot to get a picture of the rear of the lot, but another sim coming up lives in the B variant, which is nearly identical. There isn't anything really placed on his lot outside anyway.

rCCjUVe.jpg
    The downstairs bit is functionally decorated, a small dining room, and a living room that's mostly a reading place. When you live on your own, its difficult to fill a full house up.

Qp0KUUa.jpg
    Upstairs is where its at. Tom's 'luxurious' bedroom, and the spare room that hes converted into a spot with games, computers, and even a chillout spot to chat with friends.

upKzR0R.jpg
    eqsQ4Yl.jpg
    Off you go Tom, makes us proud at university!

edited November 2020
    The Lee Family

Emily loves history, and came to Veronaville to learn it's past. Maybe she will earn a place in history herself one day as a history novelist, but that time is a long way away.

Download Emily Lee here

Emily is the second half of the Students household. Keeping her together with Tom really didn't make much sense, as nothing really implies they ever met each other prior to the start of ALT's first semester.

AoiUx6k.jpg
    4RL80Oi.jpg
    I6N0nC0.jpg
    Emily's excited about starting school and very interested in learning the history behind the Academy.

Emily was a little frustrating to make, as she has a rather asian-esque look, and has two distinct looks; when she has her hat on, and when she doesnt. I tried to get both looks down, and while I think shes recognisable, someone else might have better luck getting the facial details just right. Getting asian eyes right in Sims 3 is a nightmare..

Emily had a history major, which aligned mostly with military and law enforcement, but it also DID benefit the Artist career. Since shes very artsy looking, I instead have her pegged for a Fine Arts degree. Although communications might be better for her, as I gave her a Journalism career at level 1, to give her a reason to develop her Writing skill.

4EDcDoi.jpg
    JzAcfOf.jpg
    Emily lives in the unique home at 45 Bard Boulevard, one of only two of the small tudor homes to not be duplicated. I named it the Bard's Abode. I fixed the front door by replacing the archway with a glass door, so that the game detected the front door of the lot properly (I forgot to do this on the empty version of the lot, so its thumbnail is backwards, oops.)

byOFenP.jpg
    Her home is a little haphazard, with chairs mismatching in places, but hey, shes technically a uni student :p Shes got a lot of books on the lower level too.

eqdVvyF.jpg
    Upstairs she has a bedroom with the TV and game console, as well as a piano, and the spare room is entirely taken up by art stuff.

The Furley Family

Phineaus "Fin" Furley is a loner that noone seems to want around, and few listen to what he has to say. Despite this, he aims to get into politics to change the world.

Download Phineaus Furley here

Phineaus was part of the First Year household, the third and final family bin household from ALT.

D4ewwFO.jpg
    3NrH6Qu.jpg
    Phineas "Fin" Furley is a loner. Nobody seems to want him around or cares about what he has to say, but he's almost too busy trying to change the world to worry about it.

Fin was easy enough to make. His clothing was simple, his facial details werent too crazy either. Sadly, he has a much lamer beard, as Sims 3 doesnt have any simple chin-only beards. He had a Political Science major in TS2, which translates to a Communications degree in TS3. He has a level 1 career in Politics, with the lifetime wish to become Leader of the Free World. He may be a loser that noone listens to, but he can overcome it with effort I think.

w0HIsMp.jpg
    yWPRLFg.jpg
    He lives in the Classic Tudor B, at 28 Bard Boulevard. Ironically, the original lot in Sims 2 starts off with not even a kitchen sink or a toilet, and less outdoor objects than its counterpart, but Fin's version is better decorated than Tom's version.

XY6nhnE.jpg
    A similar floor plan to Tom's house, with more focus on actually using the downstairs spaces.

qCkwj2i.jpg
    Like Tom, he has a spare bedroom thats used for other activities, with his school radio stored in there, and his computer. He also has a treadmill to keep himself in shape, as he prefers bicycles to cars; hes Eco-Friendly, as he wishes to change the world.

The Frost Family

Ellen has never had time for parties, festivals and social pursuits. Now that shes out of high school with top grades, she aims to get a degree from university and jumpstart her career.

Download Ellen Frost here

The second member of the First Year household from Académie Le Tour.

DacLq8t.jpg
    SctNlQp.jpg
    qgm0m6F.jpg
    Ellen doesn't understand why some people need to party ALL the time. She just wants to graduate and get out of the crazy college life.

I spent far far too long trying to get her looks right and accepted this as her finalised look; I was spending too many hours in CAS, and the game wouldnt stay stable for much longer (It DID crash shortly after I gave in, taking her house with it). Ellen is the no-nonsense serious student whos at university purely for the degree, shes never been too fun to play in my games. Like Tom, shes all about business, but she does it the proper way through hard work. She starts of with level 2 of the business career.

wrrPOD7.jpg
    ScJR2H1.jpg
    JgRayCT.jpgShe lives in the Sturdy Tudor B, 35 Bard Boulevard, and this is one of the few duplicated homes with noticeable changes; the outside of the B variant has different tiling on the footpath, hilly terrain, many more landscaping plants, and even some different lights.

EkfIcuZ.jpg
    I decorated her house twice, due to a crash. The second time through I may have forgotten some things, but ive generally gone with her personality, not too many silly items, mostly stuff tied to her career or things that will help her advance through the ranks, like the schmoozing with her superiors if they ever come over to her home. She has a video game system because even she needs to work off some stress once in a while. Plus, she has this one guy across town shes friends with who's always willing to battle in an online game..

e51p9cL.jpg
    Upstairs is similarly focused on her career, with the spare room holding a whiteboard with charts and diagrams, and a spare work presentation briefcase (I wish you could stand those things up all the time as a permanent fixture)

edited November 2020
    The Whippler Family

Chaz is a dreamer who keeps looking for love in all the wrong places and wonders why he hasn't found it yet. He has a thing for that Frost girl across town, and is determined to prove to her that he's "cool".

Download Chaz Whippler here

The third member of the First Year household from ALT.

9hxib2u.jpg
    t0xjs5Q.jpg
    qQn6UcE.jpg
    Chaz really dislikes anyone he thinks is cooler than he is. He keeps looking for love in all the wrong places and wonders why he hasn't found it yet.

Chaz was always the problem guy of the First Year household. Pushy and rude, and always trying to flirt with the girls to no success, unable to see his own faults. He was also overweight and dressed terribly. He had a onesided crush on Ellen Frost, and he had a literature major, which translates to Communications and a career in Journalism, which he starts at level 1. He had an amusingly long pointy nose in TS2, which is rather toned down this time, had a LOT of trouble trying to replicate his look.

TWF2au3.jpg
    LAo2REh.jpg
    He lives in the Chorus Starter, one of the four starter homes in Veronaville, and the only starter home that didn't have a duplicate elsewhere in the neighbourhood. Its a terrible home, very small and cramped, but it works for a single sim like Chaz.

tpFM1QD.jpg
    He has the place decorated simply and cheaply, like a proper lower class university student. Hes no rich boy like Tom or Phineaus.

ltUyyAY.jpg
    His bedroom is a bit of a mess. He likely thinks that arcade cabinet he has at home makes him really cool :p The spare room is used to hold his communications degree radio, and his computer for when he internet stalks Ellen Frost. Oh uh, he probably doesn't actually do that...probably.

edited November 2020
    The Residential Lots of Eastern Veronaville

Almost all of these lots are featured in the above families, so I wont be posting screenshots of the empty homes. Most of the Veronaville eastern homes have two or three versions, usually with very minor changes.

The Tudor Starter Series
    A series of starter homes situated on the english side of Veronaville.

See Bianca Monty and Marla Biggs above for pictures of the A and C models.

Download Tudor Starter A here - This lot is 20 Via Veronaville, from Veronaville's east side
    Download Tudor Starter B here - This lot is 30 Poet Place, from Veronaville's east side
    Download Tudor Starter C here - This lot is 46 Bard Boulevard, from Veronaville's east side

The Chorus Starter

A small starter home on the english side of town, overlooking the old market.

See the above Whippler family for pictures of the Chorus Starter.

Download Chorus Starter here - This lot is 19 Chorus Court, from Veronaville's east side

The Classic Tudor series
    A series of standard homes on the english side of Veronaville.

See the Freshe and Furley families for pictures of these lots.

Download Classic Tudor A here - This lot is 100 Via Veronaville, from Veronaville's east side
    Download Classic Tudor B here - This lot is 28 Bard Boulevard, from Veronaville's east side

The Sturdy Tudor series
    A series of homes on the english side of Veronaville with a stone lower section.

Download Sturdy Tudor A here - This lot is 26 Via Veronaville, from Veronaville's east side
    Download Sturdy Tudor B here - This lot is 35 Bard Boulevard, from Veronaville's east side

The Divided Tudor series
    A series of homes divided into two halves located on the english side of town

See Regan Capp's family for pictures of the Divided Tudor B model. Model A features less decorative plants.

Download Divided Tudor A here - This lot is 54 Via Veronaville, from Veronaville's east side
    Download Divided Tudor B here - This lot is 7 Chorus Court, from Veronaville's east side

The Twin Tudor series
    A second series of homes split into two units located on the english side of town.

See the Friends household for pictures of model C, and the Sharpe family for pictures of model A. B is nearly identical to A, with only terrain paint changes iirc

Download Twin Tudor A here - This lot is 50 Poet Place, from Veronaville's east side
    Download Twin Tudor B here - This lot is 40 Via Veronaville, from Veronaville's east side
    Download Twin Tudor C here - This lot is 84 Via Veronaville, from Veronaville's east side

The Bard's Abode
    A unique home down Bard Boulevard, this small home is quite cosy.

See the Lee family for pictures of this lot. Due to being forgetful, I forgot to replace the front archway with a glass door; this results in the game treating the back door as the front door, which is why the thumbnail in the download is backwards.

Download the Bard's Abode here - This lot is 45 Bard Boulevard, from Veronaville's east side

The Bard's Estate
    A spacious estate near the Capp family home, this large home is ideal for a growing large family, with plenty of room to expand.

For picture of this lot, see Goneril Capp's family. This original version has no halfwalls, differing bathroom fixtures, and one very large master bedroom.

Download the Bard's Estate here - This lot is 80 Bard Boulevard, from Veronaville's east side

The Bard's Manor
    A spacious home with plenty of ground for the avid gardener. Even includes a small hedge maze.

Download the Bard's Manor here - This lot is 95 Bard Boulevard, from Veronaville's east side

ztwDLnA.jpg
    wtM7mfo.jpg
    nzLNLbP.jpg
    6q3gwWZ.jpg

The Tiny Tudor V
    A basic lot bin home from Sims 2, edited to match Veronaville homes.

Download the Tiny Tudor V here - This lot is not part of Veronaville's original lots, but is part of the base Sims 2 lot bin, it matches Veronaville's eastern homes.

VWSX2Tn.jpg
    R3yROJJ.jpg
    41mRQUI.jpg
    nN6OGfP.jpg

The Residential Lots of Western Veronaville

Stratford Villa
    An expansive villa located on the italian side of Veronaville.

Minor changes had to be made due to the staircase differences between the two games.

Download the Stratford Villa here - This lot is 111 Stratford Street, from Veronaville's western side

HwxVRz4.jpg
    zl9fyiZ.jpg
    jJk4uG0.jpg
    84z8VHF.jpg
    60WXGmJ.jpg
    WfQNYHx.jpg

The Avon Estate
    A spacious home on the italian side of Veronaville.

Download the Avon Estate here - This lot is 267 Avon Avenue, from Veronaville's western side

YGz093E.jpg
    9auBc8c.jpg
    HvCuixh.jpg
    K9rWYvA.jpg

The Helluva Hacienda V
    A spacious home on the western side of Veronaville.

See the O'Feefe family for pictures of this lot.

Download the Helluva Hacienda V here - This lot is not part of Veronaville's original lots, but is part of the base Sims 2 lot bin, it matches Veronaville's western homes.

The Old Silo Farm
    An old abandoned farm on the italian side of Veronaville, this old farm lot is awaiting a new owner.

Download the Old Silo Farm here - This lot is the lot of the same name from Veronaville's western side

MYB24dz.jpg

Veronaville Community Lots

This post will contain the four original Veronaville community lots, and two original creations that I built.

Pentameter Parkway Market
    Great produce and mags will make any Sim's day. During a visit to 5 Pentameter Parkway.

Download Pentameter Parkway Market here

This was the western side's place to buy groceries, and it also had a little side building for magazines and possibly video games. Since Sims 3 works very differently, 5 Pentameter Parkway is now a lot with a World Adventures book merchant and food merchant, and there are several vegetable stands from the special lot that was made to go with Monte Vista, as this is the closest thing we have to buying groceries Sims 2 style. The lot also has a Food Truck and even an Icecream Truck, but the icecream truck always starts driving around town EVENTUALLY, in my tests. But for a while, you should be able to walk up to it in the car park and buy ice cream there.

xHbrQ2v.jpg
    nrKLD9i.jpg
    One of the key traits of the western side is lots of palm trees on the lots, it seems. There is almost no cactuses in Sims 3, so every time there is a cactus bed, I have to improvise with the very few that the Sims Store gave us, alongside the Joshua tree.

Its nice seeing the carparks actually usable and not decorative, but some of them are just too small to be realistic once converted.

n7cRbGl.jpg
    I guess with how Sims 3 works, you have to treat those bookshelves as 'try before you buy'

hV870OW.jpg
    I also added some tables and chairs to the inside of this former grocery store, and vending machines where some of the grocery fridges used to be. I probably should have set those nectar racks to have purchasable nectar, so the western sims have a place to get pre-made nectar.

5HB98QX.jpg
    Just the bathrooms and the little rest spot for full coverage of the lot.

Stratford Strip
    Since both food and fun may be found at the Strip, It's the perfect location for a family shopping trip!

Download the Stratford Strip here

Stratford Strip was originally a video game and magazine store, mixed with a clothing store. There actually wasn't any food to buy here, the only food was from a public grill. I have changed the lot to work as a dual consignment store, one side for regular consignment, as EA themselves made consignment stores for Ambitions that pretended they had clothing for sale, and the other side selling elixirs, warranted by the Summerdreams being occult-based. A Nerd Shop register would have worked better, but there is one of those in the next lot. No point doubling up on everything.

WDMU2pA.jpg
    LqYv1gv.jpg
    I wanted to include a treehouse or something on the unused spot at the left side, but left it original in the end.

cqCH5eo.jpg
    The little courtyard is generally unchanged, just prettier.

Q7SNVZF.jpg
    Added a vending machine so the lot description wasn't TOTALLY a lie.

fxGEDcd.jpg
    The nerd-now-occult side has the game and magazine racks replaced with musty bookshelves, but there are still a pair of pinball machines.

WDOiC61.jpg
    The former clothing store has some clever little changing booths, not sure how well they work, but consider them decorative for the most part.

Globe Street Comics and Arcade
    431 Globe Street is surely the place For entertainment-seeking Sims with discriminating taste.

Download Globe Street here

Globe Street was the video game and magazine store for the eastside sims. Here in Sims 3, it easily becomes a Nerd Shop, selling comics and offering pinball for visitors in the arcade section.

HpN28VR.jpg
    WBTZZ52.jpg
    Again, its nice to see the carparks in use. These ones work a lot better than the Pentameter Parkway ones. There is a food truck here too, solving the hunger pains so you can really put your all into beating that pinball machine's high score, without stopping to yell "ANUBIII!!!".

x1zGvXS.jpg
    The store section needed a bit of a redesign, and I also needed to add a vending machine, as kids couldnt get food from the food truck (that is nonsense! When I was a kid, I sure ordered hotdogs from trucks like that, no problem!)

N0Fzi0q.jpg
    The arcade section has the Love Tester, due to the sheer amount of teenage romances and crushes in this town.

KQbRA5U.jpg
    A long shot of the lot's interior, from the other angle.

Veronaville Market
    For meats and treats beyond compare, Veronaville's Eastside Sims do their grocery shopping here.

Download the Veronaville Market here

Ah, the Veronaville Market, one of the ugliest and most player-hated lots in all of Sims 2. Its basically a really old farm building thats been repurposed into a little community market, with visibly run-down spots. Ive spruced the building up, but kept a lot of its flaws, as it just wouldn't be the same if I fully redesigned it. As of this posting, it has but a single download, showing its still unpopular today :p

There is a bunch of store content used here, some of which is big stuff, but if you down own it, it just wont be placed and the spot will be bare, or there will be some random trash item there to remove.

BhuKzqb.jpg
    FyWjTQ8.jpg
    The original lot really does have random holes in the walls like this. The front has similarly always been mucky and dirty looking.

VLWA28b.jpg
    The original lot has nothing but mud and dirt and a few tress on the left, so I plopped the farm content from the Sims 3 Store down here. Adds to the rural feel of the lot immensely, and its funny seeing someone like Consort Capp arguing with the evil chicken while your visiting to buy some items.

J9txSz8.jpg
    The grocery stands are replaced by vegetable vendors where they truly do feel like they belong, unlike the other times ive had to squeeze them into modern buildings.

UHmJAj9.jpg
    hetdoQr.jpg
    I placed a lemonade stand and was pleased to find the Capp kids manning it autonomously, Don Treadwell was lucky enough to have some life fruit juice while shopping to refill Cliffside Retreat's fridge.

F9wyFdv.jpg
    I replaced the decorative plants with functional plants to harvest from; I kept these plants strictly to normal vegetables and fruits, no store content, and no magical things or herbs. The vendor is a regular food vendor, as they do sell ingredients as well as meals.

lQLdiHc.jpg
    The store over here has changed from a grocery store, to a nectar store with vending machines. I plan to make a dedicated nectary later, but this is where you go for now to obtain nectar and a machine to make your own.

n2laNkk.jpg
    The dreadful toilets of the Market. These were clearly animal stalls once, given the flooring of the original lot and how...open...the toilets are.

quVD0K7.jpg
    So open that you can in fact, look down from above at anyone trying to poop. This is a design flaw I desperately wanted to change, but its how the EA lot worked. I highly advise that people buy the market and go on a campaign to renovate the lot immensely :p

Veronaville Graveyard
    Whether eastside or westside, all sims unite in death.

Download the Veronaville Graveyard here

This is an original lot I made to store some of the 68 deceased sims Veronaville has. I dont know if this lot is anywhere near good looking or not, it was mostly about function and following the simplistic designs that a lot of early EA lots use. One side is getting overtaken by weeds, and parts of the grounds are falling apart. I forgot to place Moth spawners here, but the Deathfish spawner in the lake should hopefully be there. If not, its easy enough to add yourself.

There is more than enough space to place the graves that come with the various Capp and Monty families, but I'd suggest leaving the Capp family graveyard intact, as well as the Monty shrine where Claudio and Olivia rest. Things like that are deliberate :p

FD7u33g.jpg
    VGglHVW.jpg
    Antonio and his kids visit on a rainy day.

Summerdream Gardens
    A small garden planted by the Gossamers and Summerdreams to celebrate the coming wedding of Oberon and Titania, some say fairies can be found here.

Download the Summerdream Gardens here

This is a simple little Small Park lot that is basically an excuse to have the fairy Arboretum rabbithole in Veronaville, a town where fairies do exist. It also functions as a place to gather fruits, herbs, mushrooms and alchemy ingredients, and wildflowers pop up a lot on this lot. There are no store content plants on the lot, nor any Crystal Plants. There is a single life fruit and flame fruit plant that can be deleted if they are deemed too cheaty.

nYuHcu5.jpg
    EJZEtfF.jpg
    hbiilNK.jpg
    As you can see, its very simplistic. Probably should have added a fairy house or two, in hindsight..

edited November 2020
    TO-DO LIST

Townies: These will fill out the career vacancies, hopefully. Each career needs 5 coworkers and a boss, other than Law Enforcement which work with just three, otherwise the game will rudely tear people out of retirement and force random unemployed people to join a career they dont fit into. In this case, you will find the Monty elders pulled out of their five-star chef retirement to tell fortunes or play sports or worse, become thugs in the criminal career, and Cornwall Capp is also vulnerable, as he starts out freshly out of a job.

The teen and child townies cant fill in any career spots, but will ensure your kids dont ONLY have capps and montys and summerdreams to talk to.

Adult/Young Adult Townies
    • Trista Shaw
    • Curtis Ryan
    • Regina Tsvirkunov
    • Victor Lillard
    • April Hutchins
    • Edward Mellon
    • Carmen Patch
    • Patrick Vu
    • Demi Love
    • Gary Thompson
    • Carla McCullough
    • Adrian Lewis
    • Gretchen Stompel
    • Jonathan Ternynck
    • Pamela Landry
    • Nathen Custer
    • Caryl Zarubin

Teen Townies
    • Kendra McCarthy
    • Jihoon LeTourneau
    • Chris Cho
    • Keith Cormier
    • Nancy Philippine
    • Ralph Enriquez
    • Mallory Mace
    • Amar Larrea

Child Townies
    • Carla McCullough
    • Orlando Butler
    • Katherine Gregory
    • Scot Philippine
    • Rebecka Chun

NPCs: Not every NPC will fill in the same role, as some have no counterparts. The unnamed Repomen and Social Workers will be given names in Sims 2 style; matching two random names on the credits for the game. NPCs that do not line up with any NPC role are free to become Townies and fill in any gaps in the town, such as bartenders, paparazzi, bouncers, or NPC types that expansions add. Also, almost all service NPCs in Sims 3 have a limit of 2, while Sims 2 generates three per role. The extra service NPC can be added to the pool using Nraas mods, or made into a townie
    • Maid - These exist in Sims 3. Either Gina or Arianna will become a Townie.
    • Repairman - These exist in Sims 3, but the NPCs will need to be made Adults that just look like Elders. One will become a Townie.
    • Exterminator - No equivalent. One Exterminator can be made into a Ghost Hunter, as the outfit and career are VERY similar. The other two can become townies.
    • Burglar - These exist in Sims 3. The extra burglar will become a Thief branch coworker in the Criminal career.
    • Cashier - Two of them will become Babysitters, the third will become a regular teen townie.
    • Police Officer - These exist in Sims 3. Either Elmer or Paul will become a regular Law Enforcement townie, or a Detective. Former is advised if you need more co-workers in that career.
    • Carpool Driver - These cannot be manually assigned. Believe it or not, the carpool drivers have detailed sim info including skill points, aspirations, even gender preferences. Thus they can be made into functional Townies...likely all with the Vehicle Enthusiast trait :D
    • Bartender - The game assigns only one Mixologist to the service pool, leaving two to become Townies. Ideally the other two will become Mixologists at bars around town, but you'll need mods to manually assign them. Otherwise its all up to RNG.
    • Delivery People - No equivalent. These will have to become Townies.
    • Firefighter - Sims 3 uses three of these for its pools, unlike other service pools, thus all three firefighters will be used.
    • Gardener - No equivalent. These will become Townies.
    • Mail Carrier - These exist in Sims 3. Either Armando or Kennedy will become a Townie
    • Newspaper Delivery - These exist in Sims 3 but only as children: two of these teens will need to be aged down to a Child, the remaining two become teen townies.
    • Pizza Delivery - These exist in Sims 3. Either Jane or Brenda will become a townie.
    • Nanny - These were replaced by Babysitters, who are teens. The Nannies will become a playable household that runs a Daycare.
    • Headmaster - No equivalent. These will become Education career Townies.
    • Social Worker - These exist in Sims 3, in four varieties. The fully patched game assigns only one per role; One sim to deliver adopted kids, one to take away neglected kids, one to deliver adopted pets, and one to deliver neglected pets. Three of the premade social workers will fill the first three.
    • Repo Man - These exist in Sims 3. Two will become NPCs, the third will become the repossesor of neglected pets.

Sims 3 exclusive NPCs that will need to be filled:
    • DJ - 1 to be filled
    • Magician - 1 to be filled
    • Acrobat - 1 to be filled
    • Singer - 1 to be filled
    • 'Party Dancer' - 4 to be filled (Will use the Streakers from ALT to fill three of these)
    • Science Geek - 1 to be filled
    • Butler - 1 to be filled (Don Treadwell can optionally fill this role)

• sailorjunesailorjune Posts: 9 New Member
    Devalaous, this is an incredible amount of work, and done so well - 👨‍🍳👨‍🍳👨‍🍳. Thank you for all your hard work, and for sharing it with us. This is a fantastic build.