Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Post-patch issues can anyone test and confirm please

HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
edited November 2020 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I have all add-ons installed, the game is patched and repaired, without any mods and CC. Aside crashing I'm having two following distinct issues I can replicate each time playing in different saves. I wonder can anyone else try to replicate them, please?
  1. Can't apply "opt out of fame" setting in Game Options -> Pack settings. After toggling the option and selecting apply the option become blank again and not applying.
  2. Kids blowing out candles on birthday cake are resetted immediately after and not aging up. They have birthday moodlet but stay at the same age. Only children are affected. All other age groups including toddlers age up just fine.
On a side-note I can't verify it's 100% times but my toddlers still leave their food unfinished in many cases. And children now like to go to school in pajamas.

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    Ok, thank you @Gagea . Haven't seen one for Fame. Going to hit Me Too now.
  • Options
    TayasimsTayasims Posts: 4 New Member
    The birthday issue is also affecting adults as well. Also, i can confirm the toddlers not eating all the food and just leaving it.
  • Options
    ArtArt Posts: 140 Member
    edited November 2020
    Sorry I change this comment. I made a mistake nothing wrong with the sizes of the lots.
    Post edited by Art on
  • Options
    FlewingFlewing Posts: 95 Member
    I can't place certain objects? Anyone else has this problem? So far I can't place any counters or beds...
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    None of the Spellcaster cheats isn't working. I normally don't use them but since this is a test game I thought I'd check to see if any of them are working. If you hold down the shift key while clicking on your sim the option for Spellcaster Cheats and Magic is gone for Spellcasters. My spellcaster is not levelling up. The option for Occult is also gone from the menu. Those three options have been replaced with Batuu Cheats (the pack most of the community did NOT even want) I really wish the sims team wouldn't assume everybody plays only non-occult sims and forget all about the occults in the game. When Seasons came out it screwed up my vampires for over a month and I couldn't give them strengths and weaknesses while playing vanilla. My game crashes within a few minutes of my Spellcaster in the Magic Realm. I'm having her focus on Practical Magic I'll probably create 2 more Spellcasters to focus on the other schools of Magic. I'm not going to create a Spellcaster who is mastered in all three schools. So far my Spellcaster though she can't level up can learn magic from Simeon.

My sims will not walk on a platform if I have half walls at the height of the platform.

When I set my sim to Pristine Reputation she got calls from people telling her that she has a horrible reputation even though I set it to Pristine Reputation and she hasn't done anything because I've been busy building and testing my build to make sure everything is working. I only started playing my game after I was done with my build. Which turned the lot I was on from industrial to green. I didn't like her being sick.

I really hate that the game assumes all our sims want to be celebrities and react so intense with celebrities. In real life, we don't all see a celebrity and lose our minds. I lived in NYC part of my childhood and saw celebrities walking the street all the time and just saw them as ordinary people living their lives. My sis would want to go up to them and chat with them but she would want to talk to literally everyone on the street. I could care less and still can care less. I go to cons where my favourite actors and artists are and I don't act like a crazy stan in their presence. I really wish there was an option like with Road to Fame mod where we can disable reactions to celebrities. Also, I wish that we had the option where if we have a celebrity sim they can be set to be approachable or not.

I noticed that with my kids too. They are going to school in pyjamas. I think I'll age my vampire and mermaid up in CAS next time I'm playing to find if there are any issues for them today when I play. So far no new problems with aliens from what I can tell. At least nothing new.

I am simply doing a test game now. Doing it to find all the problems with the occults in the game so that when I slowly add in mods

Zero Mods. Not even the Slice of Life mod or MCCC being used and those are the first ones installed. I don't even have T.O.O.L mod installed for my builds. I'm playing purely Vanilla.

Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    drakharis wrote: »
    None of the Spellcaster cheats isn't working. I normally don't use them but since this is a test game I thought I'd check to see if any of them are working. If you hold down the shift key while clicking on your sim the option for Spellcaster Cheats and Magic is gone for Spellcasters. My spellcaster is not levelling up. The option for Occult is also gone from the menu. Those three options have been replaced with Batuu Cheats (the pack most of the community did NOT even want) I really wish the sims team wouldn't assume everybody plays only non-occult sims and forget all about the occults in the game. When Seasons came out it screwed up my vampires for over a month and I couldn't give them strengths and weaknesses while playing vanilla. My game crashes within a few minutes of my Spellcaster in the Magic Realm. I'm having her focus on Practical Magic I'll probably create 2 more Spellcasters to focus on the other schools of Magic. I'm not going to create a Spellcaster who is mastered in all three schools. So far my Spellcaster though she can't level up can learn magic from Simeon.

My sims will not walk on a platform if I have half walls at the height of the platform.

When I set my sim to Pristine Reputation she got calls from people telling her that she has a horrible reputation even though I set it to Pristine Reputation and she hasn't done anything because I've been busy building and testing my build to make sure everything is working. I only started playing my game after I was done with my build. Which turned the lot I was on from industrial to green. I didn't like her being sick.

I really hate that the game assumes all our sims want to be celebrities and react so intense with celebrities. In real life, we don't all see a celebrity and lose our minds. I lived in NYC part of my childhood and saw celebrities walking the street all the time and just saw them as ordinary people living their lives. My sis would want to go up to them and chat with them but she would want to talk to literally everyone on the street. I could care less and still can care less. I go to cons where my favourite actors and artists are and I don't act like a crazy stan in their presence. I really wish there was an option like with Road to Fame mod where we can disable reactions to celebrities. Also, I wish that we had the option where if we have a celebrity sim they can be set to be approachable or not.

I noticed that with my kids too. They are going to school in pyjamas. I think I'll age my vampire and mermaid up in CAS next time I'm playing to find if there are any issues for them today when I play. So far no new problems with aliens from what I can tell. At least nothing new.

I am simply doing a test game now. Doing it to find all the problems with the occults in the game so that when I slowly add in mods

Zero Mods. Not even the Slice of Life mod or MCCC being used and those are the first ones installed. I don't even have T.O.O.L mod installed for my builds. I'm playing purely Vanilla.

Half walls are supposed to stop people from falling off, from what the Game Changers said in early access. You'll need a one step staircase where you want them to go up. (So that's not a "bug" but a "feature.")
  • Options
    cleo224cleo224 Posts: 87 Member
    After the patch, I can't set the large round table, the sim acts like there's something in it's way. They always could set that table before, happens with all placesettings. Patch notes said that sims will no longer bypass the kitchen sink and dishwasher to wash dishes....sure enough, the bathroom is the ONLY sink they will use to wash dishes, very annoying for me after I set up this gorgeous kitchen for them. To remedy this I am just not going to put sinks in the bathroom anymore. I haven't had any crashes but things definitely are broken in different scenarios. It always seems that the patch note "fixes" don't ever fix in my game. I don't use any mods. I just learn to live with the broken stuff.