Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you ever break up Maxis pre-made couples?

Has Geoffrey ever mysteriously disappeared leaving Nancy all by herself, lonely in a big house? Has Bob ever met a new friend at a bar when Eliza keeps heading out "to the gym". Do you ever split up pre-made couples because you have better plans for them? How do you do it? Have long drawn out breakups or do you just go to Manage Worlds and do a little editing? Who, what, when, where, how?

Comments

• Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Sure....in fact, Nancy just divorced Geoffrey yesterday in my game. And one of my Sims lured Lilliana Kealoha from her hubby--they are now married
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Clara Bjergsen and the kids had an unfortunate Manage Worlds accident and have been completely forgotten by all of my Sims. >:)
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »
    Clara Bjergsen and the kids had an unfortunate Manage Worlds accident and have been completely forgotten by all of my Sims. >:)

Poor Bjorn. I hope his grief doesn't last a long time.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Married couples? Rarely. If I like one partner enough to keep them around, I usually also like the other enough to keep the couple together.

Suggested canon couples that are not married yet are a different pair of shoes, them I tend to break up regularly. Ulrike/What-was-her-name-again, Alice/Erwin, Morgan/Rocco something? and Julia/Becca are ships that typically won't sail in my game. Amber/Armand I'm on the fence about, sometimes I let them pair, other times not.
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited November 2020
    Yes. Bob doesn’t deserve the magnificent Eliza and she quickly left him to marry my main sim, George.

The Bjergsens also split up in my save.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Depends on the sim and situation, I had a post break up thing for Bob and Eliza after bringing back a family from a slow ride. I let Bob be in love with Don so it took some time to get it together. I also just decide to take Bella away from Mortimer whenever I play with them if I am in the mood I brought back his parents as vampires and let Gunther steal her away...yep whatever happens.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    I never break up premade couples. o:)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited November 2020
    I plan to break up Moon-Bailey by making my, now teen and poor, living in downtown Del Sol Valley with his mother; future actor and only one to be famous-sim.

He is to get to know the orange kid, and sneak his way into their lives, making the hubby question his priorities in life. It's a long way there though. Right now they are in different parts of town unaware of eachother.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    No. I can’t bring myself to do it.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited November 2020
    I have only done it once in purpose, indeed it was Geoffrey and Nancy.

Rest of the times, were by mods.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    SimsChica2013SimsChica2013 Posts: 75 Member
    I play all of the pre-mades, and the only couple I want to break up so far is Bob and Eliza. I find them extremely boring together.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited November 2020
    Rouensims wrote: »

Poor Bjorn. I hope his grief doesn't last a long time.

Nope, he's already forgotten her! :lol:

I'll never break up the Fengs, the Goths, or the Landgraabs for some reason.

I think Darrel Charm is supposed to be engaged to Emilia Ernest. I quickly deleted that relationship too. They're still friends though. :)

I never have my Sims go through the pain of separation, I just magically delete the whole thing.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Yeah, I do if I want to. Back when I started this save, the Bjergsens divorced and then Bjorn had all of these girlfriends because basically all of the eligible women at that time fell in love with him. He left behind various offspring by different mothers. One looks like an eerie carbon copy of him and one looks like a female Bjorn.

Other than that, it looks like the Ogatas are on the rocks thanks to Duane Talla. Most early pre-mades died off without my playing with them. I just go with the flow and do whatever seems to make sense to me. I figure that pre-mades are made so that you can do whatever you want. I don't worry about it.

I broke up Bess Sterling and her original roommate. She married the son of Raj Rasoya because they hit it off at The Caboose. Oh, Ted and Meredith Roswell divorced. Ted married his hippie neighbor Leslie Holland in a case of opposites attracting. I haven't played Meredith since then but she's probably moving in with Leslie's roommates. I think she's going to have a mid-life crisis and change a lot.

I also evict pre-mades whenever I want if I want the house.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,183 Member
    I can't count the amount of times I've destroyed a premade's love life.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    It happens, but not nearly as often as having secret extra marital children. I like to give my created sims some connections to the world and this is a fairly easy way to do it.

Especially in older entries, though, I completely disregarded anything but marriage. Is that your girlfriend? Well too bad, you should have put a ring on it. Now you are in love with my created protagonist, will marry, will have six kids, a dog, and a cat.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    Well, Bob and Eliza, though technically she died, so they didn't break up :joy:
    I once made a save file set 10 years into the future. I broke up several couples for that - not the Pancakes though, that was a different save. If I remember correctly Geoffrey and Nancy divorced, he got married to Mila Munch, she's in a relationship with J Huntington III. I also broke up the Bjergsen and the Fyres, Bjorn is now with Moira and Dominic married Dina Caliente, while Clara ended up with Marcus Flex.
    Maybe there were more, but I don't remember them, it's been a few years. I should probably revisit that save and rearrange the newer premades as well.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I kill them all. What they do in the afterlife is their business.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    Nope, I keep everyone as is. If they break up while im not playing them, that's their own fault. I'm not about to wreck someones digital life for my own benefit though, thats rather rude.
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    Usually I don't care about premade couple, but actively I had destroyed only one couple, because Baako Jang drove me crazy with his bad behaviour at first and then he had won in the lottery. The amusing fact, his ex-wife was a fan from my char and cheered to her when my char place the walk of fame star. Maybe she wanted to get away from him too and my char did her a favour with cheeting and let him have a deadly accident.
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    In my game Nancy Landgraab is having an affair with a younger guy, but I don't play them, I've just created “an affair club” and they sometimes appear on the background. If Geoffrey sees them, well... not my problem. 😅
    Other than that, no. I rarely play or marry premades.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    My main family are descended from Bella Goth, though I can't remember if I broke the marriage up or not. Probably. I don't care much about most premades and will break them up or kill them just as I will any other NPCs.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,918 Member
    Oh and Fengs I most likely delete before playing anyone....
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    I usually don't touch them. I prefer to play with my own sims. But if any of my sims should fall in love with a premade sim, the spouse of said premade sim might end up deleted. :o
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Married couples? Never, households like Three Friends (Roomies? idk Summer, Travis and Liberty) are a different story as they are free relestate in my eyes since they're not in committed relationships.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I usually don't place enough single sims in game so when I need a partner for my sim someone has to go so I can replace them