Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Share Your Sentiment Gameplay

I haven't downloaded the update yet and I probably won't for a while, but I'd love to read your stories about playing with sentiments.

This thread was inspired by this Twitter thread that made me so excited (click on the tweet date to go to the thread).

Comments

• clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    edited November 2020
    I tested it out by destroying the pancake marriage with a random sim. Liked that Bob got the cheating sentiment and Eliza and random sim were smitten with each other.
    I moved them all into one household to make things more awkward but was wanting that little bit more from it. Bob should also hate the sim (can’t remember his name) for getting Eliza preggers but sadly that doesn’t happen.
    Other then that one fault sentiments are a great addition. I’m looking forward to see how lifestyles full into the mix when I get the EP
  • sunhair2008sunhair2008 Posts: 136 Member
    edited November 2020
    I'm loving this addition my one sim is enemies with another sim on my lot they got into a fight and my sims got bitter sentiment and the other got furious and when they are near the sim with furious one got a moodlet called still furious
    House- SLYTHERIN
    Wand Elder wood with a dragon heartstring core, 13 ½" and unyielding flexibility
    Patronus - Dragon
    Ilvermorny School - Pukwudgie
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    My sims don’t have sentiments ;(
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    edited November 2020
    I played a married couple and they went for a date which gave them a smitten sentiment. It lasted a couple of days and they would get flirty around each other. It was cute. Other sentiments that I experienced were furious which the male sim got after fighting with another sim (because of roughhousing encouraged NAP). I didn't see that other sim afterwards though. Then I also got a notification that their friend got a sentiment from socializing, but only the friend got it not my sim. Giving birth triggered no sentiments. That's all I got to experience.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    edited November 2020
    My family are all blissfully happy apparently! The first sentiment that popped up was the child getting 'adoring' for her time spent with her dad. Mom then got Closer from Happy Memories and Adoring after playing with the toddler. Dad has Adoring for both children. Mom and Dad have none between them but they've both been busy and haven't had quality time since the patch.
    Edit: Yakeru got the 'Impressed' sentiment after his wife mentored him in the violin.
    Post edited by CelSims on
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    edited November 2020
    Okay so far i have seen deeply in love for two sims that got engaged. They get flirty around each other. I also had a sim mentor mine in fishing and they got an impressed sentiment. So far so good. I think this will be a nice change.

Oooo my sims toddler got a festering grudge from being defiant towards his parent. Interesting....I like it 😂
    Post edited by Akl500P on
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I wanted to play and see how sentiments are but sadly my game has been repairing for over an hour now and still isn't even half way done. What is with the super slow repairing these days?
  • kristenleighwhitekristenleighwhite Posts: 226 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I wanted to play and see how sentiments are but sadly my game has been repairing for over an hour now and still isn't even half way done. What is with the super slow repairing these days?

That's a bummer. I'm horrible with tech, but does it have anything to do with your Internet speed, maybe? I just repaired mine, and with every pack, it took less than 20 minutes. (I had some horrible audio thing happen that the repair thankfully fixed.)
  • LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member

Maybe try resetting your (internet) modem. It certainly helped me when my game took forever to repair.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Sentiments are AMAZING! Wow! I am so impressed that the Sims team is finally stepping up! I am already feeling a deeper connection with my Sims because of the variety of sentiments and levels of relationships that you can now have! It's awesome that you can have opposing sentiments or none at all for one sim. My one married couple has a doting wife with 3 sweet sentiments for her hubby and he has NONE for her. I feel the organic gameplay already! I am so excited that they made this a base game feature because that means they can keep adding and refining. I really hope they plan on adding sentiments for past packs because it would only make sense since they've added special ones for Snowy Escape too!
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

Mine repaired for 2 days last time I tried. I'm terrified to repair. I think origin has major issues 😬
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    My sims don’t have sentiments ;(

They won't appear alone because the game has no memory of what had happened between sims before the patch, you need to play a bit to 'generate' them.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Fun fact -- a vampire with fully deadened emotions is not going to accumulate sentiments. While initially somewhat disappointing to me, I think I rather like it. A vampire that is so far gone from their humanity is operating with a kind of blue-and-orange morality system, and isn't going to bond with others like a normal sim.

I love that! Such a nice detail.

Keep the stories coming, I'm loving all these scenarios triggering new feelings. It sounds awesome.
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    musteni wrote: »
    I played a married couple and they went for a date which gave them a smitten sentiment. It lasted a couple of days and they would get flirty around each other. It was cute. Other sentiments that I experienced were furious which the male sim got after fighting with another sim (because of roughhousing encouraged NAP). I didn't see that other sim afterwards though. Then I also got a notification that their friend got a sentiment from socializing, but only the friend got it not my sim. Giving birth triggered no sentiments. That's all I got to experience.
    What 😐 that's a bummer. It's such an important experience!
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    My sim had aversion towards his wife because she started a fight about music in the middle of the night and she won. Nice.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    I wonder if modders will be able to create their own sentiments... time will tell, I guess...
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    This sounds so amazing. Haven't updated yet but I am really impressed by what I have read about the sentiments so far :)
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Do sentiments trigger behaviours, or just moodlets? My sim kissed her dog after he barked and woke her up. I've never seen this before and there is no option to kiss the dog in the game.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    My sim got "adoring" sentiment to her just adopted toddler. Very nice :)
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Do sentiments trigger behaviours, or just moodlets? My sim kissed her dog after he barked and woke her up. I've never seen this before and there is no option to kiss the dog in the game.

I've seen some examples around that they do trigger autonomous behaviour, so this might be one. That's so cute though.
  • sunhair2008sunhair2008 Posts: 136 Member
    lol oh my sim has multi sentiments negative ones I didn't think they would get multi currently one of the sims has 3 on him oh man so awesome
    2YQ2GdB.png
    House- SLYTHERIN
    Wand Elder wood with a dragon heartstring core, 13 ½" and unyielding flexibility
    Patronus - Dragon
    Ilvermorny School - Pukwudgie