Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Platform Ideas

MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
Since we now have platforms in game (yay!), let's share some ideas of what you can do with them!

Some ideas for a kids (only) bedroom:
11-10-20_8-25-38_pm.jpg?width=1116&height=628
11-10-20_8-38-53_PM.png?width=1116&height=628

I also tried heightening and lowering the small sun room in one of my WIP builds:
500041dc8f220a3b366fbd9b493a3b21e7c9c3ac.jpg
bca77270183071135d1133fdbaf8f4c6c4efc133.jpg

And, my favourite yet, a small, extra, step towards the bathroom:
4a00eceb78b6134581693bd8d62c21378bfae3ae.jpg

This feature has so much potential!
I'd love to see/hear more ideas :)
Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    Flexono1 wrote: »
    I'm finally able to create the staircase in Croft Manor. Bit disappointed that we are limited to platform trims and can't use wallpapers

You can use half walls if you want to place wallpaper.
    i didn't even think of that

i'll have to try it out and let you know how it turns out :)

edit: I think i broke the space/time continuum

That's so bad! Such a pity they didn't make them wallpaper paintable like they were in TS2.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    I'm using them in my Sim's gentleman's clubs :wink:
  • Freckles1971Freckles1971 Posts: 507 Member
    Loving the platforms. B) See with the stairs on the platforms can you put a toilet under the stairs?
  • GreatestPlannerGreatestPlanner Posts: 78 Member
    I haven't had the time to check it out yet, but things I will do are:

- Create a boxing platform in my gym
    - Create a theater as well as a music podium in my bar/nightclub for weekly performances of my sim
    - I always loved a higher kitchen on a platform and then having to walk down to the living room
    - a platform for an object or sim to stand on, so my painting club sims can stand around it and paint with a better view of it.
    - Probably the same for museums and, so guests can't come to close to the object
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I love how flexible the platforms are, I placed one under my sims bed, didn't leave any space to get onto the platform and it's still functional! Also placed a two tile platform under my sims bath with no extra space and that still functions aswell.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited November 2020
    I'm finally able to create the staircase in Croft Manor. Bit disappointed that we are limited to platform trims and can't use wallpapers

77b648e3a9c54ec814d703ba11d8ea1e.jpg

That is sensational please make sure to put it on the gallery when it's done!
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I haven't made this the best looking, but just to show we can now do diagonal stairs! Instead of having to do it like on the left, we can do it using platforms on the right:

11-11-20_10-29-20%C2%A0AM.png?dl=0

That's awesome! I've always wanted the ability to do that for some porches. Thanks for sharing your idea!
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,940 Member
    edited November 2020
    I used the platform as a roof, for a bedroom and the kitchen. The trim works good when you want to have a dark color at the top of a building to go with a dark foundation at the bottom.
    https://imgur.com/a/r7Zm4WG#jQ5GpxX
    Post edited by DragonAge_300905 on
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Started working on sort of stage venue but it still doesn't really work
    because sims off the stage are not able to get close enough to react to the performance -_-

TjELVYf.png

also made apartment but i forgot to take screens so I'll be back *dundun*

Looks super awesome, shame it doesn't work!
    edited November 2020
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Back with apartment one! which actually works! :lol: (don't mind behrs testing it out i felt like they fit the decor :joy: )

I have some more pics because I was very proud of using modern objects and bright/pastels for once
    I literally never do that because I mainly play very dark and evil vampires that have no use for that :lol:
    but I felt like doing something different here

also I plan to replace the sofa table in other bedroom with kotatsu once I get snowy
    so thats just sort of a placeholder :wink:

oh also one of the bathrooms i did this for shower
    LdWGHC5.png

I like the shower idea, I'm going to use it in my game but make it 1 step deep, to resemble a shallow tub.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,487 Member
    I haven't made this the best looking, but just to show we can now do diagonal stairs! Instead of having to do it like on the left, we can do it using platforms on the right:

11-11-20_10-29-20%C2%A0AM.png?dl=0

I am gobsmacked! I may have to try to build my Grand Uncle and Aunt's home correctly, for once. Won't be easy, since I have to be able to have a door open onto the landing. But, I may play around with it. Also, on my docket will be to build my second house in RL. Heretofore that's been next to impossible. But, first, I have to get far more adept at using the platforms. I only fooled around with them for a moment in my game, yesterday. Couldn't stack the curved one. Ho-hum. I must have done something wrong.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    I love that shower idea @Simmingal and also like the area you did for the bed.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    I'm seeing some really awesome ideas here :)
    And I'm glad to see platforms also work in apartments, I was worried the build mode restrictions would ruin all the fun.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,943 Member
    edited November 2020
    MDianaSims wrote: »
    I'm seeing some really awesome ideas here :)
    And I'm glad to see platforms also work in apartments, I was worried the build mode restrictions would ruin all the fun.

yeah I'm not sure if the needs TLC or the apartment with body outline will conflict though
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top