Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vacation homes: "not this time..."

texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
Has anyone noticed how the guru (in the latest livestream) said that vacation homes weren't coming in this ep... he said ..."not this time..."

I think (at least i wish) that they're coming some day :)

Comments

• Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited November 2020
    I hope so, too, but I am not going to hang on his words too much. Rental lots are a nice option to make, but I am really not going to use them that much because I would prefer to purchase a vacation residence.

Anyway, even without a patch, there is a theoretical vacation centric pack they could be working on with the hotel/resort feature. Vacation homes would fit perfectly with the pack or pack's patch. Not to mention this is supposed to be "another strong year for the Sims 4" so they have to be selling us something.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed how the guru (in the latest livestream) said that vacation homes weren't coming in this ep... he said ..."not this time..."

I think (at least i wish) that they're coming some day :)

By that it sounds like their planning them for the future.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I do believe we are getting them! Owning a second home was in one of the surveys too.
    Me personally I don't know what I would even do with one 😆
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I read the patch notes and it says you can rent a home in any world. Isn't that the same as going on vacation in any world? I know it's not the same as owning a vacation home, but I don't see much difference if you can just rent it and rent it again etc. Or stay there for weeks or whatever.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    So our rich can own vacations but they can afford to rent a really nice vacation home. It will do for now.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    hopefully the option comes with a resort and hotel gamepack
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I read the patch notes and it says you can rent a home in any world. Isn't that the same as going on vacation in any world? I know it's not the same as owning a vacation home, but I don't see much difference if you can just rent it and rent it again etc. Or stay there for weeks or whatever.

Yeah we can pretend it to be a vacation home. But what i would love is to have a sim be the king of a real estate empire 😅
  • gnelso1239gnelso1239 Posts: 190 Member

Yeah we can pretend it to be a vacation home. But what i would love is to have a sim be the king of a real estate empire 😅

pretend?! C'mon! Good grief, where are the expectations? Gone? No. Vacation homes offer so much more flexibility than simply renting over and over...
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member

That doesn't really add anything unless the owner of the holiday home can rent it out to other sims (for income) when they're not using it.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    Rather than have a vacation home, I would rather be able to live (only home) in vacation worlds,