Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where can I find GraphicsRules.sgr

Hi there! I'm using TS3 64 Bit on a MacBook Air, and it runs so much better than it did before! But, I have an issue. Without Advanced Rendering on, grass just doesn't appear. But, I can't turn on Advanced Rendering without my game is essentially unplayable. I found a fix for this though: it has to do with editing the GraphicsRules.sgr file. But, I have another issue. I simply cannot find GraphicsRules.sgr at all on my MacBook with the 64-bit version. Could anyone help me find it so I can edit this and get grass to load? Or will I just have to deal with the terrain being brown and dirt...?

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Not really sure what this fix would be. Do you have a link for it and which graphics card do you have? It's possible that not all of them are going to support Advanced Rendering very well.

Anyway though, first you have to find the directory where your TS3.app is installed. For most that's going to be the user Applications folder (not the general one), others may have redirected their game install elsewhere. But usually that's (HardDrive Name) > Users > (user name) > Applications > The Sims 3.app. Use Cmd+Shift+(.) if needed to reveal hidden files to see if it shows up there.

Right-click on The Sims 3.app to Show Package Contents. Then Contents > Resources > The Sims 3.app (right-click to Show Package Contents again) > Contents > Resources > GraphicsRules.sgr alongside of the usual gameplay data files.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net