Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Worlds Are You Adding Vacation Homes in ?

Β«13
NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
I'm excited for the upcoming update, I would like too also have ideas and for other simmers aswell to get ideas, the world I'm going too make into a "vacation" world is sulani, I'm currently getting this world organized, with a spa, a restaurant and I'm looking for a karaoke bar, I've also got a party beach lot set too nightclub

Comments

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    Sulani first, as I've already got a spa there and maybe Forgotten Hollow to just frighten my Sims for a week or so. I wouldn't want to live there.

Brindleton Bay for the dog walks and training park as well. I think that'll take a few weeks! :D
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited November 2020
    Sulani and Strangerville for sure. I kind of wish we had hotels....but I guess rentals will have to do for now.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited November 2020
    Forgotten hollow interesting 😊, I didn't think of that, like your sims staying in a haunted creepy house, I love it, brindleton bay is also a good one especially if you sim lives in apartments, Windinburgh would be a good one too, an European holiday @Simburian
    Post edited by Nikkih on
    edited November 2020
    We never know hotels could still be a possibility :-), strangerville also is a good one @Sigzy05
    Post edited by Nikkih on
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Sulani, Brindleton Bay, Windeburg for now. I also need to add something in Forgtten Hollow, but I can't decide if I want a themed restaurant/inn or a rental.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I plan on on in each or most at least. Because I have a different theme for each world. Like windenberg is where all of the wealthy vampires live and elaborate luxury lots so I definitely plan on having some sims vacation there.
    And the broken down apocalyptic style rentals will be in oasis springs and so on.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    The new world that's coming will definitely have vacation lots, I would like too add a Japanese restaurant, and update the hot springs lot too have items from spa day
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    all of them, I'll add at least onerental lot to each. I hope in the future they make granite falls and selvadorada liveable, then I'll add a residential lot to each.
  • VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    For me I think I'll had a rental lot to each neighborhood in Sulani, one in the Windslars of Windenburg, one in Glimmerbrook and Forgotten Hallow for potential story purposes and maybe I'll turn the big penthouse in the Fashion District of San Myshuno into ome and maybe one in Shady Acres of Strangerville for again story purposes.

All the other worlds for me feel too average to vacation in.
    I feel like that with willow creek etc, I feel for myself it's going too be sulani, the new world with snowy escape and windenburg so far, brindleton bay a could go for a bed & breakfast idea 😊
    edited November 2020
    Del sol valley aswell, your sims can vacation next too the stars, I do wish the celebrities stayed in that world πŸ˜‚
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    For right now, I'll keep my vacation lots to Sulani and the vacation worlds, because I have a map in my head where all the other worlds are within an hour drive of each other on the mainland and they can visit lots in any of those worlds at any time. Granite Falls is several hours north and Selvadorada several hours south and Sulani requires a plane ride, so I'll have my sims who live on the mainland rent a place if they want to experience those worlds, and I'll do the same with Mt. Komorebi when I add that pack since I'll treat it like an island like Japan.

I'll also have sims living in Sulani and Mt. Komorebi though, so eventually I will put a rental or two somewhere for them to stay when they want to visit the mainland. Probably one of the penthouse lots in San Myshuno to start with, as it's kind of central in my mental map.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Sulani for sure. The rest just seem like boring residential worlds to me.
    edited November 2020
    I do think that sulani and the Japanese world are the most unique ones for vacations, I personally think, sulani for summer getaway and the Japanese world a winter getaway 😊, ooh I'm excited! @Sharonia @Daephene

Edit: that's my sulani already for the update, I sorted out which homes are going too be vacation homes, I got one luxurious one, and 3 normal priced ones, I tweaked up the bar too have a karaoke machine etc, theres a spa, a restaurant, a party on the beach lot (outdoor nightclub), when my sims vacation here, they are not leaving this world and visiting other worlds until it's time for them too go home πŸ˜‚ and my sims that dont live in they worlds are not visiting them unless they rent a vacation home, mwahhhahaha lol
  • VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    I would like to add a retal lot in Brindleton Bay if we could actually swim in the water.

Same with Windenburg the island would be great but no ocean swimming so no retal for it.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    None. I don’t like vacation homes.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    One to Sulatin if at all. What is the point of having a vacation spot if you can just go there, It's not like living anywhere, really, has any special benefits unless you are a merfolk.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    Sulani, obviously, but also Brindleton Bay and Windenburg.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I plan to use rental lots more as rental properties rather than vacation properties, that way I can live in a house without actually owning it, would make for interesting gameplay. So to answer the question I'll probably add at least one rental lot to each world, some as a rental house while others being a vacation location.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited November 2020
    Originally I was not really planning to without a desire for a simulated house rental (I prefer purchased vacation homes I can swap between without fooling with the vacation system), but then I remembered a house I have been trying to do something with for literal years.

My favorite world is Forgotten Hollow and since I got it I have been trying to figure out what to do with the Garliclauter place as the one obvious human designated home. I have three regular vampire families, their homes, and a supernatural targeted restaurant I place every new game and Garliclauter is the only thing vacant. I even once created a modified version for a spell caster family, but I had to take a break after the build and forgot the family idea I had so that idea was trashed.

Now, though, I am thinking a horror movie esque rental. That would be pretty hilarious, in my opinion. Plus no one would want to stay after experiencing the movie Nosferatu in person.
    Post edited by Calico45 on
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    For sure Sulani, as that's my ideal Honeymoon destination since I don't have any vacation packs. Possibly one in Del Sol Valley, haven't really thought of the rest yet.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Island
    Windenburg
    Brindleton Bay
    Strangerville
    Del Sol Valley
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    I've not planned any, since the sims I usually play live in Sulani. I'd rather have residentals there, since there are so few lots. No other worlds really give me the "vacation vibes".
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'm turning Admiral's Wreckage in Sulani into an off-the-grid sort of "eco-retreat" for families that want to rough it for a few days while enjoying the beach life. And one of the smaller houses will be a honeymoon retreat; I've already placed one of the Destination Wedding entries on the other 50x50 lot.

San Myshuno I've got the Fountainview Penthouse in the Arts Quarter as a studio getaway for a couple, and The Old Salt House for families; will be convenient for enjoying the various festivals in town.

And in Brindleton Bay I've evicted the Lynx household so I can use that house as a rental. I actually found a remodel done by Lilsimsie that adds an extra bedroom so I could take a small family.

I'll have to check whatever rentals are available in Mt. Komorebi to see if I'd rather make them permanent residentials and if they need any upgrading. Will probably at least add thermostats to all the buildings up on the mountain. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)