Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pets: Cat can't use litterbox?

I just adopted a cat in the Pets pack, and the cat wants a nice clean litterbox, and when I click on the litterbox, the only option is "Place in Inventory" and when I click on the cat, I don't find any option to use the litterbox. I changed the location of the litterbox, got a different kind of litterbox, even sold and bought new ones, and so far, there isn't a way to let the cat use the litterbox.

Any advice?
Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg

Comments

• Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I've seen this too, and I'm not sure if it's a glitch or not. Try to make sure there's a litterbox on each floor (good practice for real-life cats too.) Also at times they'll complain about litterboxes and then use them a few minutes later.
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Will try to see if it resolves, because I had no problem getting a cat to use a litterbox previously in a game. Not sure what the problem is this time. The house is technically one floor because it's a Tiny house and the attic is where I placed the bed, with a ladder leading up to it instead of stairs, so I don't guess the cat can get up there.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    edited November 2020
    The only thing I can think of....have you tried to reset your cat? You can do this 2 different ways.... If you open the cheat window and type: "resetsim [First Name] [Last Name (if there is one)]. If you cannot get your pet to reset that way, turn on "testingcheats true", shift click on pet and select "reset object".

I would do this, buy a new litterbox, save, exit to worldview, then reload the lot from there.

Good luck! Happy simming!
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    The cat uses the litterbox autonomously, you don't guide them to do so. Not sure if I got the problem right, but it's possible it's working just as it should.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I just adopted a cat in the Pets pack, and the cat wants a nice clean litterbox, and when I click on the litterbox, the only option is "Place in Inventory" and when I click on the cat, I don't find any option to use the litterbox. I changed the location of the litterbox, got a different kind of litterbox, even sold and bought new ones, and so far, there isn't a way to let the cat use the litterbox.

Any advice?

Mods?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Please post here so the patch people see this.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs