Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mismatched Shadows

_natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
I was building on Stargazer Lounge in San Myshuno today and noticed a weird... oversight? Anyway, images included below of windows with shadows that don't match their swatches.
hxHkTod.jpg
1XOlPvx.jpg
She/Her. 👩🏻
PlayStation. 🎮
United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
Post edited by _natalie on

Comments

• sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    _natalie wrote: »
    I was building on Stargazer Lounge in San Myshuno today and noticed a weird... oversight? Anyway, images included below of windows with shadows that don't match their swatches.
    hxHkTod.jpg
    1XOlPvx.jpg
    Was there something up there that you had to take down before building up there?
  • _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    Yes, Stargazer Lounge, but it doesn't have that window type.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
    Yes, Stargazer Lounge, but it doesn't have that window type.
    What I'm thinking is that the game still thinks that windows that were there before are still there. If this is the case, then that would be the most likely cause of the mismatched shadows.
    But it had no windows there. Below is an image of the default Stargazer Lounge before I bulldozed it. No windows. It's the window type only having one shadow for the multiple swatches it actually has.
    QFn7Ace.jpg
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
    But it had no windows there. Below is an image of the default Stargazer Lounge before I bulldozed it. No windows. It's the window type only having one shadow for the multiple swatches it actually has.
    QFn7Ace.jpg
    Definitely a bug! I say this because I see a similar issue in Conan Exiles from time to time. Things, NPC characters and shadows in places where they are not suppose to be. I see this issue from time to time in Conan Exiles when the game is no longer up to date. Even Fallout4 has this same issue. And all three games are sandbox style games. I'm sure you probably have auto-update enabled. I mean most gamers would have that on. But I have learned from my own personal experience that the game for some reason doesn't auto-update even with auto-update enabled. I suggest that you manually check to see if Sims 4 is up to date.
    edited November 2020
    My game is up-to-date.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
    edited November 2020
    Your game is up to date and you have this mismatched shadow issue. Well I can't think of anything else to try except go to EA.com/help and let them know of your issue with the game.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    hxHkTod.jpg
    1XOlPvx.jpg

It's actually a glitch. There's a discussion about for PC too.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17729068#Comment_17729068

@Chicklet453681 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻 Thank you for the link. I couldn't click it fast enough and +MeToo.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧