Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Things Do We Want In The Sims 4 ?

NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
What things would you like too return in the sims 4 ? Or what items or things that has never existed? Would you like, Im thinking a normal looking kettle that makes coffee, tea and hot chocolate, small teddies that sim children cuddle into when sleeping (that would be cute), the iconic heart bed and hot tub, Mrs Crumplebottom NPC and burglar ( Obviously police aswell), social services, unplayed sims story progression

Comments

• Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    A major personality overhaul, as opposed to the tweaks they're going to release soon
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited November 2020
    Wants and fears would be good, and likes and dislikes, maybe pick 3 things our sims loves and 3 things our sims hates, would make an improvement lol @Nate_Whiplash1
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited April 2021
    Deleted
    Post edited by bella_goth on
    The old games are amazing, I would love too revisit the sims 2 @bellagoth_
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited November 2020
    I miss cars a lot, mostly because I like cars a lot irl.

Other than that, I'm fine if they wrap up the sims4. I'm not really missing anything else, so I am kinda ready to move on.
    I miss cars too, there is a question though would the sims 5 be better? Probably not, when the sims 4 first got released everyone was like it will be better than the sims 3 😬, although I think the sims 4 has came along since release and is heading too a better direction, its definitely needing more work @logion
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    A fear emotion and phobias to choose from, a romance and chemistry system and a Sims Flaws system where we can give them permanent negative traits that affect their daily behaviors.

And more Occults! Werewolves, superheroes and villains, Fae Folk, Mythical beings, zombies, genies, mummies... Come on Maxis, more of these!
    #Team Occult
    As a supernatural player, I'm all for that and the sims definitely need personally enhancements @LiELF
    edited November 2020
    Nikkih wrote: Β»
    I miss cars too, there is a question though would the sims 5 be better? Probably not, when the sims 4 first got released everyone was like it will be better than the sims 3 😬, although I think the sims 4 has came along since release and is heading too a better direction, its definitely needing more work @logion

Whether the sims5 would be better has been discussed in many other threads...my argument why it could be better is because the engine is hopefully built with higher system requirements and will not be built on the old project Olympus which sims4 was originally designed for.

I have kinda accepted the sims4 for what it is, I will play more packs if they will release them and people want them, and I still enjoy the game, but I am not really missing anything in particular, except cars.
    I understand your post 100%, it could be made in a better engine and there also a risk that it probably wont, EA doesn't like spending money as we know, sometimes new isnt always better, I guess we shall wait and see @logion
    The thing is...part of me is torn between wanting more packs like farms, werevolves, cars, high schools etc. while the other part of me knows that in order to get that they have to make packs for maybe two or three more years, and we already have...so...many...packs.

So I am kinda in the middle where I'm fine with whatever they decide to do.
    If they made another sims game just think we will need too buy another seasons again etc πŸ˜‚ and buy other packs, soo either way if we love the sims were spending money in packs regardless lol atleast the big big ones are made in the sims 4, it can get creative now lol @logion
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited November 2020
    I would love a personality overhaul.
    Improvements to autonomy.
    Babies to be REAL sims, not objects.
    More unique game play for Children, Teens and Elders.
    Phone options so I can stop the obnoxious job offers, calls/texts from ghosts and other annoyances.
    Options in CAS to hide costumes and more than two columns.
    I agree with you our sims shouldn't be called from ghosts, we need too get a spirit board for that πŸ˜‚ @Sharonia
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    The items I miss from Sims 2 include: toy ovens, sewing machine, ballet bar, pottery wheel, hammock, axe throwing, balls to play catch with, cars to refurbish, hair salon (we got the chair in GF but not the ability to own a business), a way to own bar or nightclub lots.
    Things I want that are not in 2 or 4: costumes as a CAS category, social events where you can set the dress code rather than it being set by party type, werewolves as fleshed out as sims4 vampires, several of the ideas for the happy haunts pack.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Cars & Occults.
    Occults & Cars.
    Paintable Ceilings
    &
    CAW CAW CAW.

(I thought I'd rap it for a change. B) )
    Paintable ceilings, I never thought of that πŸ˜‚ interesting lol @CAPTAIN_NXR7
    Nikkih wrote: Β»
    Paintable ceilings, I never thought of that πŸ˜‚ interesting lol @CAPTAIN_NXR7

I want them so bad I could cry.
    My gran used too paint her ceilings constantly (she used to smoke everywhere and wanted to keep a nice house), her house constantly smelt of paint and soap, not cigarettes lol , I cant believe I havent thought of this idea πŸ˜‚ @CAPTAIN_NXR7
    edited November 2020
    @Nikkih haha, that’s a good reason to paint ceilings and also to add cigarettes to base game. I’d say Mrs Crumplebottom would be a heavy smoker. πŸ˜‚

We are able to add ceiling tiles in Sims 3 and in my opinion it finishes a build. For example an old wooden shack should have a wooden ceiling. Right now it’s painfully white and quite immersion breaking. I also like taking screenshots and at the moment I can’t do that from a lower angle without being suddenly confronted by this white monstrosity. πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ
    No such thing would be added unless a mod lol in Disney films now they warn tobacco substances being used in a cartoon πŸ˜‚ if my gran was alive today she would say that it is an outrage, joking that smoking is fabulous lol , it would definitely be a delight for builders 😊 @CAPTAIN_NXR7
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    edited November 2020
    Plain black swatches for the base game. I know we got the doors updated but now do the windows and some other items. The base game (and quite frankly a lot of the packs) are still huge with either white, brown, or a dark brown that's not a true black. I just want a plain black swatch for everything. No designs, no other accent colors, just plain black swatches.
  • Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    This conversation again? Okay. Let me get my running list.

LIFE STATES
    • Zombies (TS2-style)
    • Fairies
    • PlantSims reworked to how they worked in TS3
    • Genies

CAS ITEMS
    • Chokers
    • Body Hair for Men (Seriously, give dude sims body hair!)
    • Robes
    • Sweatshirts and sweatpants (Tiny Living was a good start, but my thirst for comfortable winter clothing is unending!)
    • Maid outfit
    • Editable Career Outfits (I know there's a mod for it.)
    • Private school uniform They're in Snowy Escape. Now to let us apply them in worlds other than Mt. Komorebi...
    • Elder walk styles

SKILLS
    • Bass Guitar
    • Nectar Making
    • Sculpting
    • Drums
    • Science
    • Synthesizer
    • Pottery
    • Gambling (minor skill)

ITEMS
    • Pool Table
    • Pinball Machine
    • Drum Kit
    • Bass Guitar
    • Synthesizer
    • Keytar
    • Ant Farm
    • Tabletop Gaming Items (could write the adventure to build Writing skill, play the game to build Charisma (and/or Acting, if Get Famous is installed) skill)
    • Lava Lamps
    • Nectar-Making Machine (back from TS3: World Adventures)
    • Gambling Items (slot machine, poker table, roulette wheel)
    • Bunk Beds
    • Golf Items (both the driving range from TS3 and the Execuputter from TS2)
    • Exerto Punching Bag (back from TS2, functions like the punching bags in the game now)
    • Bonehilda Skeleton Maid
    • Pottery Wheel
    • Spiral Staircases
    • Staircase Chairlift
    • Lightning Rod

MUSIC STATIONS
    • Rock (and yes, you should have that Sims guitar medley from TS3 in there)
    • Disco
    • New Wave

CAREERS
    • Magician (Stage Magician and Sorcerer career paths)
    • Fortune Teller (Soothsayer and Scam Artist paths)
    • Professional Wrestler (Superstar and Booking Team paths)
    • Game Developer (Programmer and Artist paths)
    • Nectar Vintner (Master of the Vines and Connoisseur paths)

GAMEPLAY FEATURES
    • Turn-ons and Turn-offs
    • Favorites (color, music genre, book genre, etc.)
    • Interests
    • Flaws
    • Season lock
    • Fear emotion (three stages: Scared, Terrified, Petrified)
    • Private School
    • School Uniform slot for kids and teens Sort of in Snowy Escape
    • Let us choose the font for the game's interface. And yes, in keeping with Sims tradition, Comic Sans should be an option.
    • Elders-specific gameplay.

NEW TRAITS
    • Coward (Emotional, gets Scared easier)
    • Technophobe It's a lifestyle in Snowy Escape.
    • Hydrophobic (gets Scared when bathing or in pools, using sinks, around sprinklers, etc.)
    • Indoorsman Also a lifestyle in Snowy Escape.

TOWN STYLES
    • Winter-locked skiing town It's in Snowy Escape.
    • Renaissance Italy (PLEASE give us a new spin on Monte Vista! I love that place!)
    • Afro-Futurist techno-utopia (come on now, you look me straight in the eye and tell me you wouldn't want to live in Sim-Wakanda)
    Sorry I didnt realise there was another thread the same, I love your idea, especially zombie definitely not sims 3 style, they annoyed me eating my vegetables πŸ˜‚, it's a shame plantsims aren't a real life state anymore, you'll definitely be happy that a few on your list has been scored out, I'm excited for snowy escape
  • EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    edited November 2020
    LiELF wrote: Β»
    A fear emotion and phobias to choose from, a romance and chemistry system and a Sims Flaws system where we can give them permanent negative traits that affect their daily behaviors.

And more Occults! Werewolves, superheroes and villains, Fae Folk, Mythical beings, zombies, genies, mummies... Come on Maxis, more of these!

You forgot werevamps. We need werevamps too. But I agree we need superheroes and supervillains as well as werewolves.
    This conversation again? Okay. Let me get my running list.

LIFE STATES
    • Zombies (TS2-style)
    • Fairies
    • PlantSims reworked to how they worked in TS3
    • Genies

CAS ITEMS
    • Chokers
    • Body Hair for Men (Seriously, give dude sims body hair!)
    • Robes
    • Sweatshirts and sweatpants (Tiny Living was a good start, but my thirst for comfortable winter clothing is unending!)
    • Maid outfit
    • Editable Career Outfits (I know there's a mod for it.)
    • Private school uniform They're in Snowy Escape. Now to let us apply them in worlds other than Mt. Komorebi...
    • Elder walk styles

SKILLS
    • Bass Guitar
    • Nectar Making
    • Sculpting
    • Drums
    • Science
    • Synthesizer
    • Pottery
    • Gambling (minor skill)

ITEMS
    • Pool Table
    • Pinball Machine
    • Drum Kit
    • Bass Guitar
    • Synthesizer
    • Keytar
    • Ant Farm
    • Tabletop Gaming Items (could write the adventure to build Writing skill, play the game to build Charisma (and/or Acting, if Get Famous is installed) skill)
    • Lava Lamps
    • Nectar-Making Machine (back from TS3: World Adventures)
    • Gambling Items (slot machine, poker table, roulette wheel)
    • Bunk Beds
    • Golf Items (both the driving range from TS3 and the Execuputter from TS2)
    • Exerto Punching Bag (back from TS2, functions like the punching bags in the game now)
    • Bonehilda Skeleton Maid
    • Pottery Wheel
    • Spiral Staircases
    • Staircase Chairlift
    • Lightning Rod

MUSIC STATIONS
    • Rock (and yes, you should have that Sims guitar medley from TS3 in there)
    • Disco
    • New Wave

CAREERS
    • Magician (Stage Magician and Sorcerer career paths)
    • Fortune Teller (Soothsayer and Scam Artist paths)
    • Professional Wrestler (Superstar and Booking Team paths)
    • Game Developer (Programmer and Artist paths)
    • Nectar Vintner (Master of the Vines and Connoisseur paths)

GAMEPLAY FEATURES
    • Turn-ons and Turn-offs
    • Favorites (color, music genre, book genre, etc.)
    • Interests
    • Flaws
    • Season lock
    • Fear emotion (three stages: Scared, Terrified, Petrified)
    • Private School
    • School Uniform slot for kids and teens Sort of in Snowy Escape
    • Let us choose the font for the game's interface. And yes, in keeping with Sims tradition, Comic Sans should be an option.
    • Elders-specific gameplay.

NEW TRAITS
    • Coward (Emotional, gets Scared easier)
    • Technophobe It's a lifestyle in Snowy Escape.
    • Hydrophobic (gets Scared when bathing or in pools, using sinks, around sprinklers, etc.)
    • Indoorsman Also a lifestyle in Snowy Escape.

TOWN STYLES
    • Winter-locked skiing town It's in Snowy Escape.
    • Renaissance Italy (PLEASE give us a new spin on Monte Vista! I love that place!)
    • Afro-Futurist techno-utopia (come on now, you look me straight in the eye and tell me you wouldn't want to live in Sim-Wakanda)

I like the The Sims 3 version of likes and dislikes as well as lava lamps, and pottery as well as a pottery wheel.
    I also like the concept of a pool table and pinball machine. We also need werewolves and werevamps. And we also need snowshoeing. I think the wrestling and fortune teller career would be neat to have in the game.