Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just Found Something New (WA)

While in Egypt, my cursor passed by a statue in front of 'The Pyramid Of The Sky' and I noticed the 'Examine" option. I've never noticed it before and I haven't heard of it either. Moving it reveals a staircase downstairs beside the left pool near the statue. I'm heading into it now. There are a bunch of rubble pile to clear and a hidden door to find. Who knows what else is down there. Has anybody else ever found this?

Comments

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    While in Egypt, my cursor passed by a statue in front of 'The Pyramid Of The Sky' and I noticed the 'Examine" option. I've never noticed it before and I haven't heard of it either. Moving it reveals a staircase downstairs beside the left pool near the statue. I'm heading into it now. There are a bunch of rubble pile to clear and a hidden door to find. Who knows what else is down there. Has anybody else ever found this?

There are a few rooms and enough treasure to make it worthwhile to do. I always go to that statue first before starting on the main tomb in that pyramid.
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member

Some years ago, lol. (I had the guide then and it was mentioned in it).

• IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Yes, ever since I first found it, my sims always explore it before entering the main part of the pyramid. It doesn't take long, and has plenty of things for them to collect, for such a small tomb.
  • MadDoctor61MadDoctor61 Posts: 414 Member
    So, I've explored that tomb dozens of times and never noticed that extra bit. Now I feel bad that I'm such a loser :)
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    So, I've explored that tomb dozens of times and never noticed that extra bit. Now I feel bad that I'm such a loser :)

You're not a loser. Even after doing adventures repeatedly for a couple of years, I was still finding new hidden rooms.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I hated world adventure when it came out. Now it is one of my favourite. Like the light hearted RPG elements the three vacation worlds are so huge with many things to discover.
  • L_B_DL_B_D Posts: 16 Member
    edited April 2021
    You're not alone. For example... the teddy bear. I'd post photos, but I don't see an option to do that. So... I'll just be descriptive. :)

On the second story of the Pyramid of the Sky you come to a huge room with a large fountain in the center. This is the room where you find the key to enter the other side of the building. When you walk in it triggers two fire traps - the only ones in this pyramid if I'm not mistaken. Just before walking into this gorgeous room, at the base of the stairs, if you "inspect" the wall to the left you'll find a hidden chamber with a nice treasure trove... and a teddy bear. A mummified teddy bear, to be specific. I know you can buy mummified teddy bears in the shop, so I figured this was more of the same. I always just snag the little guy and keep going.

For some reason, this last time I decided to click on it using using the NRaas Debug Enabler. Everything is perfectly normal, except one addition. Under "Options / Mummified Teddy Bear" is a sinister option to "Kill Spirit". You can also name this bear, which I think is also a bit weird.

So... what the heck?? Does anyone have any experience with the possessed toy? This was released WAY before Generations and the introduction of the Imaginary Friend. Does it act like a gnome, maybe? If anyone has any observations of the bear acting like anything more than a stuffy, I'd love to know about it before I hand it to my Sim newborn! FWIW I really have played this a million times, and I don't remember the bear doing anything besides just sitting there like a normal toy. Maybe they ran out of time before finishing the coding for this? Hum...

Edit: I found a photo of the area in question. If you look near the bottom right corner, you'll see the entrance to the large room, guarded by the two blue pushable statues. The fire traps have already been triggered. The hidden room with the possessed teddy bear inside it is just behind the two blue statues.

https://images.saymedia-content.com/.image/t_share/MTc0NDU2NzEyNjEzMzQwNTIw/sims-3-world-adventures-al-simhara-the-tomb-of-the-desert-ocean.png
    I found a photo of the area in question. If you look near the bottom right corner, you'll see the entrance to the large room, guarded by the two blue pushable statues. The fire traps have already been triggered. The hidden room with the possessed teddy bear inside it is just behind the two blue statues.

https://images.saymedia-content.com/.image/t_share/MTc0NDU2NzEyNjEzMzQwNTIw/sims-3-world-adventures-al-simhara-the-tomb-of-the-desert-ocean.png
  • CoriandreCoriandre Posts: 90 Member
    That teddy is possessed. I found it but never could take it out of that room. I could pick it up but whatever action my sim would do after this would make him drop the teddy bear.
    Coriandre wrote: »
    That teddy is possessed. I found it but never could take it out of that room. I could pick it up but whatever action my sim would do after this would make him drop the teddy bear.

Whew boy. I get it home by tossing it into the family inventory (NRaas I bless your initials!!). I'm thinking... maybe I shoulda left it there! Thanks.
    L_B_D wrote: »
    For some reason, this last time I decided to click on it using using the NRaas Debug Enabler. Everything is perfectly normal, except one addition. Under "Options / Mummified Teddy Bear" is a sinister option to "Kill Spirit". You can also name this bear, which I think is also a bit weird.

I've found the teddy bear, and others in various places (ie. the underground passage between the mountains leading to 'The Pyramid Of The Sky'. I've never been able to do anything with them other than the talk or name options. I've never tried to put it into inventory that way.

I was hoping people would mention other locations that were hard to find. I know I've found some hidden rooms in hidden rooms that others may have missed.

The adventure board was full of "Tomb Tourist Brochure" photos opportunities. These are simple since I know they are coming up and take pictures beforehand. The only real pain about them is the time it takes running between Base Camp and The Market to contact the Special Merchant. Make friends with them, then invite them over to the base camp. I just zipped through four photo opportunities, (Coins, Treasure Chest, Floor Switch and Rubble Pile). Oh, the board is now empty. Oh well. Early to bed, early to rise. Tomb tours should be available tomorrow.
    How many out of the way things have your found. Hopefully, I can collect a bunch and do up a poll.