Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I need help with the "equip traits" cheat

I really dislike that the game limits us to 3 traits + aspiration trait, and I found this cheat that I could use to add the 5th trait to my sim, BUT... I doesn't seem to work with some traits for some reason. It works with some, but I really wanted to use "neat" on my sim, and I just doesn't add it to my sim. What is wrong? Did they change the cods or something? HELP.

Comments

• babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Carl’s guide suggests that if one doesn’t work, you can try putting “trait_” in front of it. Did you try “trait_neat“ in place of neat?
    (traits.equip_trait trait_neat )
  • MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    I really dislike that the game limits us to 3 traits + aspiration trait, and I found this cheat that I could use to add the 5th trait to my sim, BUT... I doesn't seem to work with some traits for some reason. It works with some, but I really wanted to use "neat" on my sim, and I just doesn't add it to my sim. What is wrong? Did they change the cods or something? HELP.

Also, I just thought of something else...not sure if you are using mods, but this is the most current version that was picked up by another modder: https://modthesims.info/d/591706/more-cas-traits-for-sims-mod.html
    In this mod, if you have "display in sim menu" .package you can change traits just by clicking on a sim and going into "Actions..." to change/add traits instead of manually typing each one in the cheat box.

Hope this helps!
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    babajayne wrote: »
    Carl’s guide suggests that if one doesn’t work, you can try putting “trait_” in front of it. Did you try “trait_neat“ in place of neat?
    (traits.equip_trait trait_neat )

yes, @babajayne I even tried putting "trait_" before it. I tried all the different things too, like lowercase and uppercase, as well as with and without the underline.
    Karon wrote: »

Also, I just thought of something else...not sure if you are using mods, but this is the most current version that was picked up by another modder: https://modthesims.info/d/591706/more-cas-traits-for-sims-mod.html
    In this mod, if you have "display in sim menu" .package you can change traits just by clicking on a sim and going into "Actions..." to change/add traits instead of manually typing each one in the cheat box.

Hope this helps!

@MLadyAzzera I try to avoid downloading mods, cuz I have personal information in my laptop that I don't want to be accesed by hackers, but I use only the major mods like MCCC. Do you know if I remove the mod, my sims still keeps all the traits I added? Cuz the sim I'm trying to add the extra trait is actually going to be in a save file I'm going to share, and I don't want any mods to be required.

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    @Karon To the best of my knowledge and experience, once you remove MCCC everything added will be gone. Which is why I try not to update until Deaderpool has produced a hotfix for MCCC. Thankfully, he's really quick and on top of things. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    @Karon To the best of my knowledge and experience, once you remove MCCC everything added will be gone. Which is why I try not to update until Deaderpool has produced a hotfix for MCCC. Thankfully, he's really quick and on top of things. :)

@GalacticGal thanks, but I haven't used MCCC in this case. I can't find the neat trait even using MCCC, but I've used the one @MLadyAzzera mentioned. I still have to test if I remove the mod, if the trait will stay or disappear.
    edited November 2020
    edited November 2020
    I don't use MCCC, but I just found this and not sure if it is helpful:

Q: My sim is missing some traits is there away to give some to replace the ones that were through mods? I am not finding away to do so in master controller?

A: This can be done by using the debug commands. Debug commands are not a MCCC feature, although they look like being one. The debug commands are a part of the original game and not part of a mod. You can see it the way you use it: you have to Shift-Click on an object or your sim to get access to debug commands. Usually they are hidden, but with MCCC you can make them visible.

In MCCC you find the option for enabling it in:
    Computer/Tablet: MC Command Center > MCCC Settings > Notification/Console/Menu Settings > Console Command Settings > Debug Commands in Cheats (click on 'show'):

If you have them enabled, you get a pie menu like this when you Shift-Click your sim. Use the button "Cheat Sim Info..." to manage your sim's traits (click on 'show'):

After clicking the button "Cheat Sim Info..." there will be a submenu looking like this (click on 'show'):

Use "Add Trait..." or "Remove Trait..." to manage your sim's traits.

#DebugCommands #MCCC #Howto