March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Friday Highlight October 30 - A week on The Sims forums

EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
Sul sul Simmers - and happy Halloween!

Unfortunately, this year's Halloween will be very different but I'm hoping you're all set for the spooky weekend (or a not so spooky one, whichever you prefer!). I know that I will spend this weekend bringing some spookiness and fancy costumes to my game to make up for the lack of "trick or treating" - what are your plans? 👻

This week on the forum has been another busy one.
  • The official Snowy Escape Gameplay Trailer dropped on Wednesday. If you missed or want to rewatch it, you find the trailer here.
  • On Thursday, we got an update on the plans for updating skin tones. If you want to find out more about what you can expect from the update in early December, check out this post.
  • And today, on Friday, it's finally time for the official live stream! You can watch it on Twitch or join the "let's watch it together"-thread here.

And now it's time for the highlights from our forum this week. Let's go! :)

xdhcj6kpsadr.png
This screenshot by @Busufu certainly fits the occasion. You can find it here.

That's it for today, folks. I hope you like today's picks! If you have any recommendations for next week's Friday Highlights, please send them on to me!

Have a fantastic Halloween weekend and stay safe! :heart:
- Leeloo

Comments

• TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    Thanks for the mention! Have a great weekend all!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,635 Member
    Happy Halloween! Have a great weekend. 😊
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    Congrats to those mentioned! Have a great Halloween everyone! Thanks for doing this, @EA_Leeloo.
  • LemkaufamLemkaufam Posts: 1 New Member
    Sims 4 Decades... You could pick the decade you want your sim to start in, and go from there.. Based on the decade you choose, you can select the decor of your home, and your sims personal style and profession... I would start in 1950 or 1960.
  • ExperitculusExperitculus Posts: 35 Member
    @Lemkaufam , I bought the vampires bundle with the city life and vintage stuff pack on sale for $25. The price for one of these expansions exceeds my interest in the game. Unless the expansion changes game dynamics considerably, $40 is excessive. An expansion pack that added behavioral modification through player rewards (and punishments) for their sims might be worthwhile because the fundamental way the player interacts with the game would make a different experience.

P.S. Why is the Dogs and Cats expansion altogether unavailable?
    “But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raises the dead.”
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

Thanks for the mention @EA_Leeloo I wish you a nice week! o:)
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,016 Member
    edited November 2020
    Congratulations on you're being mentioned in Friday Highlights @emere B)! I love your thread B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• theonlytara42theonlytara42 Posts: 22 Member
    Congrats to all mentioned!
  • morganlefayemorganlefaye Posts: 178 Member
    edited November 2020
    Does anyone know how to post a picture without needing to use an url? Or do I have to use an url?
  • ExperitculusExperitculus Posts: 35 Member
    Very excellent images. I viewed each and every one of them.

“This evil, which is of the devil, creeps in by all the sensual approaches; he places himself in figures, he adapts himself to colours, he attaches himself to sounds, he lurks in angry and wrongful conversation, he abides in smells, he impregnates with flavours and fills with certain exhalations all the channels of the understanding. Therefore it is seen that it is in the devil's power to influence the will, which is directly the cause of sin.”

Excerpt From
    The Hammer of Witches: Malleus Maleficarum
    Heinrich Kramer
    “But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raises the dead.”
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Sorry, folks! I'm super late responding to this thread but I haven't forgotten you!

@TeeSea You're very welcome! I hope you had a lovely and relaxing weekend! :heart:

@simgirl1010 I hope you got to thoroughly enjoy your weekend - did you do anything fun for Halloween? :smiley:

@WildIrishBanshee It's my pleasure! I'm always looking forward to the Friday Highlights! :smile: I hope you had a nice Halloween weekend!

@Lemkaufam That is a really cool idea for a The Sims 4 challenge - I love it! I'll add it to my list of things I want to do in the game. Thanks so much for sharing! :relaxed:

@emere Well deserved and thank you! I hope you had a nice week as well! :blush:

@coolsim9999999 It's a great thread, right? And thanks for the kind words, I'm sure they were greatly appreciated! :relieved:

@theonlytara42 Thanks for your comments, that's very kind of you! :)

@morganlefaye That's a fair question. To post pictures on the forum, you have to use a URL (for example, an online image hosting service). I'm sure some Simmers here could give you some handy tips of what has been working for them. :grin:

@Experitculus Thank you for your kind words. The Sims forum is filled with incredibly talented people and you'll see many, many more excellent pictures! :)
  • MilyMily Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi. Just got the update on ps4 but the game keeps shoting down 🤔
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,231 Member
    Mily wrote: »
    Hi. Just got the update on ps4 but the game keeps shoting down 🤔

@Mily, You should really posted over on the AHQ site for this problem as that is where the EA team wants any issues with The Sims 4 to be posted at... :)
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en
  • MilyMily Posts: 3 New Member
    Sorry im new here. 😊
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,231 Member
    Mily wrote: »
    Sorry im new here. 😊

@mily, It's okay, this site has some very helpful members that's willing to help new members such as yourself...😀