Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Yeti/Creature in new gameplay trailer

SappySifakaSappySifaka Posts: 132 Member
Anyone else think this could be a yeti/bigfoot/creature of some sort? It's visible in the distance for a just moment at the 6 second mark of the new gameplay trailer. It's hard to see much detail, but the definition & contouring below the chest and on the sides of the abdomen makes it seem like more than just an oddly dressed sim. Plus, the head looks to be roughly the same bluish grey color. At the very least, even from this distance, it just doesn't look natural. That being said, it could just be a blue hued sim with some baggy pants, some new CAS items, graphical illusion, or any other number of things. What do you think?

Edit:
For those curious about how the Yeti (a Himalayan folk legend) could fit in with a Japanese themed pack...
Legends of mysterious & hairy humanoid creatures are not unique to any single region or culture. There is of course Bigfoot in parts of North America, Sasquatch, El Chupacabra, and so on. I simply used the name Yeti in the OP for name recognition. Japan has their own version of the Yeti/Bigfoot, known as Hibagon or Hinagon.

So a customizable hairy humanoid life-state could certainly fit in with this pack, and still provide gameplay for other worlds/stories as well. Again, I recognize it is near impossible to glean concrete from this low-res photo other than it looks odd. But culturally, such a creature is entirely relevant.

50540097078_22b4f7e984_k.jpgsnowy by Sappy Sifaka, on Flickr
50540108363_2552feced4_h.jpgyeti by Sappy Sifaka, on Flickr
50542206917_86e66353b1.jpghibagon by Sappy Sifaka, on Flickr
50542078436_9ce5dd6603.jpg51mSZX4-wvL._SX339_BO1,204,203,200_ by Sappy Sifaka, on Flickr
Post edited by SappySifaka on

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited October 2020
    Oh i hope so! And please be playable 🙏
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    I thought the sims looking in the cave might be a hint too
  • HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    Oh my, run child, run!... :) Great catch on this @SappySifaka!
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Can't be Yeti, he's wearing a white shirt and black pants. He's a tourist.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    It almost looks like 2 sims merged together, as they sometimes do. That could explain the confusion in the torso area. I hope if there’s a Yeti, he doesn’t just walk around like that casually.
  • Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    It does not really look like yeti though. Maybe he's just sim that is freezing to death? Or some other creature idk
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Sorry, but I think this is a bit of a stretch. The image is very blurry. And why would a Yeti be walking down the street?
  • SappySifakaSappySifaka Posts: 132 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Can't be Yeti, he's wearing a white shirt and black pants. He's a tourist.

You very well could be right. However, I find it odd that his face appears to be the same color as his torso. Again, hard to tell how true that is given the distance/video quality. It very well could be a graphical illusion.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Definitely looks creepy from that shot 😅😅😅😅
    Looks to me like some zombie ghost spirit thingy but that would be too good to be true 😒
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    bixters wrote: »
    Sorry, but I think this is a bit of a stretch. The image is very blurry. And why would a Yeti be walking down the street?

I agree that a yeti on the street isn't usual, but subtle exposure is a frequently used tactic in the marketing world. And it's certainly a tactic that the sims team has used in the past. They could be trying to keep this feature a bit more hush so as to preserve a sense of unexpectedness & surprise when actually playing the game. There was a time when the Sims team didn't' reveal almost every element of a pack before it released... I miss those days.
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    edited October 2020
    bixters wrote: »
    And why would a Yeti be walking down the street?

I mean... we will probably get a few bugs that won't be fixed for months. ;)

It does not really look like yeti though. Maybe he's just sim that is freezing to death? Or some other creature idk
    I see what you mean. I agree that it doesn't necessarily look like a quintessential yeti from this view, but it looks odd nonetheless. I don't image it would a be a sim freezing because they're not in the snowy neighborhood. I think blue skin from CAS, a costume, or a graphical illusion are the most likely alternatives.
    Definitely looks creepy from that shot 😅😅😅😅
    Looks to me like some zombie ghost spirit thingy but that would be too good to be true 😒

Yeah, tbh, the more I look at it, the more it starts to look like a ghoul. 😂
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Or there could be rocks behind this sim that blend in with their body, maybe?
  • Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    I see what you mean. I agree that it doesn't necessarily look like a quintessential yeti from this view, but it looks odd nonetheless. I don't image it would a be a sim freezing because they're not in the snowy neighborhood. I think blue skin from CAS, a costume, or a graphical illusion are the most likely alternatives.

That's true. I looked it more carefully and it does not look like hes freezing. Mb.
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Looks like a vampire to me
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I don't think a yeti would be wearing jeans lol.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited October 2020
    Apparently you can woohoo in that cave. I just wish anybody doing that could have a yeti jump out on them!

"Many Sims pause to mourn or offer a gift in the graveyard while on a hike. And sometimes, just sometimes, Sims might encounter spirits like kodama or other forest spirits! (Just try not to get cursed.)" Blog
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited October 2020
    Simburian wrote: »
    Apparently you can woohoo in that cave. I just wish anybody doing that could have a yeti jump out on them!

The cave is probably a rabbit hole like the Sulani one. But hopefully it works a bit like a secret lot to see the yeti.
    Justin wrote: »

The cave is probably a rabbit hole like the Sulani one. But hopefully it works a bit like a secret lot to see the yeti.

The Yeti comes from Tibet (if it exists at all) so I doubt if Maxis put it in the pack.
    Anyone else think this could be a yeti/bigfoot/creature of some sort? It's visible in the distance for a just moment at the 6 second mark of the new gameplay trailer. It's hard to see much detail, but some of the definition in the chest and abdomen makes it seem like more than just an oddly dressed sim. Plus, the head looks to be roughly the same bluish grey color. In other words, even from this distance, it just doesn't look natural, lol. That being said, it could just be a blue hued sim with some baggy pants, some new CAS items, or any other number of things. What do you think?
    50540097078_22b4f7e984_k.jpgsnowy by Sappy Sifaka, on Flickr
    50540108363_2552feced4_h.jpgyeti by Sappy Sifaka, on Flickr

Reminds me a bit of SimGuruNinja's new avatar! 🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    The image is too low-res to make out anything substantial. I do say that the particular Sim is strangely dressed, maybe due to new CAS parts, but others already pointed out how it's strange to see him casually walking around like any other Sim.
    A1hnP0t.png
    edited October 2020
    Justin wrote: »

The Yeti comes from Tibet (if it exists at all) so I doubt if Maxis put it in the pack.

You raise a great point. While that's certainly true, there are versions of the yeti/big foot/sasquatch in dozens of cultures/nations/regions. I use the phrase yeti in the original post because it has the most name recognition. But in fact, Japan has their own version as well, Hibagon (sometimes referred to as Hinagon). With all of of that in mind, a new customizable, hairy humanoid type life state could easily fit in to the pack, even with the Japanese theming. Is this that new life state? We can only hope.
    edited October 2020
    Yeti can't wear pants

TS4 2018 Yeti costume

It's 2020, yetis should be allowed to live their best lives. Fashion is for everyone.

Also, that goofy costume they gave us would likely have little to no implication on any yeti-type life state they developed. It's a very cliché & cartoony representation. Any new life state would hopefully be more customizable anyway.
    Post edited by SappySifaka on