Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Feedback from Japanese Simmers: Request to make shrine worship optional

I'm starting this thread for posts by Japanese simmers, who can't make new threads themselves due to being new members.

To non-Japanese members: Please keep this thread for feedback from the Japanese community. I'll be bowing out myself after starting the thread. Thank you.

Comments

• blossoms85blossoms85 Posts: 27 Member
    @TamakiSakura84 I thank you for your kindness!

Japanese simmer sent an opinion to the official EA help, EA help encouraged me to post my opinion on the official forum as well.

The subject is "Request to make worship motion optional".
    Perhaps we can influence the release date. I'm aware of that.
    I'm not sure if this is technically possible, but how about a patch to deliver it?
    We are waiting for EA officials to make some kind of good faith announcement to Japanese simmers about this whole mess, whether it's possible or not.

The discussion thread related to this deletion response has already been deleted. It may be deleted as well if the debate about right and wrong historical issues, participation in political arguments and attacks on them, or discrimination issues gets heated. Or they might be deleted for just discussing it. I think the standards are very serious.
    This is a world forum. Non-Japanese are of course welcome to write on this forum. Please have a sober discussion so that our feedback can be long-lasting.
  • s1mszzangs1mszzang Posts: 797 Member
    edited October 2020
    blossoms85, I read at the local forum that some people told EA Korea to contact its headquarters in the U.S. EA directly to get 'that thing' taken away. I heard that they even visited in person. There was a similar story in the local version article. How about try to contact EA Japan ?
    @s1mszzang If I remember correctly, EA JAPAN withdrew from Japan a few years ago. So I think there are a few steps that need to be taken before our input can reach the EA people and get a response. I'm speculating. With that in mind, some people are sending their feedback to the US instead of the Japanese version of EA website.
    edited October 2020
    As you can see from the my text, my own English is very poor. Discussions are one of my weakest areas. I've written some of my personal opinions and those of people who can't write in English forums in other disappeared threads.

Of course I have requests. But the main thing I wanted to say is that I am grateful to EA for making this pack. It's not all about protests.
    I'm looking forward to playing in a Sims world inspired by our culture.
    And we apologize to simmers around the world for the uproar. I hope you enjoy the Japanese landscape with the snowy mountains :)
    Post edited by blossoms85 on
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Woo_Yukin wrote: »
    The development team should implement an optional feature in the game to switch religious content on and off.

I think being able to turn religious content on and off would be a good option for all nationalities, all religions and all secular folx as well.

On that, I think we can all agree on.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    blossoms85 wrote: »
    As you can see from the my text, my own English is very poor. Discussions are one of my weakest areas.
    I think your English has been very good. :)
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    > @Gordy said:
    > (Quote)
    > I think your English has been very good. :)

Thanks. But most of it was created on a translation tool. :D
    edited October 2020
    Post edited by s1mszzang on
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    s1mszzang wrote: »

To be fair do we know that's the same cave ?
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

That doesn't look like the same cave to me.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Looks the same to me. It's from a slightly different angle and one is zoomed in more. But looking closely at the contours of the cave and paying attention to shadows appears to confirm the same cave. We will see on the live stream I assume. I hope I'm wrong, the statues are reminiscent of the Island Living ruin ones but the shrine was lovely.
  • Felice_EnellenFelice_Enellen Posts: 102 Member

I understand s1mszzang's concern, but it appears to show a different cave.
  • simsimsimsimmersimsimsimsimmer Posts: 5 New Member
    The interactive map of Mount Komorebi, which was recently released by the Sims team, does not list the shrine.
    I am a hiker living in Japan.
    Every large mountainside has a shrine to the mountain god, so the "cave" on the map is where the shrine should be.
    Sadly, I think this is the same place.
    edited October 2020
    The interactive map of Mount Komorebi, which was recently released by the Sims team, does not list the shrine.
    I am a hiker living in Japan.
    Every large mountainside has a shrine to the mountain god, so the "cave" on the map is where the shrine should be.
    Sadly, I think this is the same place.
    In the old days, Koreans believed that there was a mountain spirit(산신령), so there was a memorial altar (similar to shrines) for the mountain god. Even today, a small number of people still serve the mountain god. People who are not even familiar with the culture of both Korea and Japan have polluted our culture.
    산신령(山神靈)
    1. 개요
    산신령은 산에서 산을 지키며 산속에서 일어나는 일을 관장한다는 신으로 산신령(山神)이라고도 한다.
    모든 자연물에는 정령(精靈)이 있고 그 정령에 의하여 생성이 가능하다고 믿는 원시신앙인 애니미즘에서 나온 것으로서, 그 몸을 대개 호랑이의 모습이나 신선의 모습으로 나타낸다.산신에게 제사하는 일을 산신제 또는 산제(山祭)라 하며, 우리 민족이 이 산신제를 지낸 것은 그 기원이 매우 오래되었다
    1. Overview
    The 산신령(Mountain Spirit) is also known as the mountain god, which protects mountains and oversees what happens in the mountains.It is from animism, a primitive belief that there is a spirit in all natural objects and that it is possible to be created by the spirit, and its body is usually represented by the appearance of a tiger or a divine figure.The ritual of the mountain god is called sansinje or Mountain Jeasa. Our people held the Jeasa of the mountain god from a long time ago.
    Link
    Link
    Post edited by s1mszzang on
  • simsimsimsimmersimsimsimsimmer Posts: 5 New Member
    I shudder to think that not only has the bowing to the shrines gone, but the shrines have been obliterated and all of Komorebi Sims' beliefs have been banned.
    It's like watching the suppression of religion.

I was going to request that shrine worship be made optional, but if the objects of the shrine are being removed, then I would request that worship be brought back, not that it be optional.
    Because if it's no longer a shrine object and it's now a Doso-shin, then no one is going to be hurt by worshipping.
  • inumaninuman Posts: 21 Member
    Thanks blossoms85 and TamakiSakura84 for creating the thread to discuss.

The other threads were deleted again and the Korean users’ opinions translated by s1mszzang is gone. s1mszzang, can you post it again here? That comment was amazing to let people know what’s actually going on. I have a screenshot of it, but the reposting would be better, as it’s including the links.
    edited October 2020
    inuman wrote: »

The other threads were deleted again and the Korean users’ opinions translated by s1mszzang is gone. s1mszzang, can you post it again here? That comment was amazing to let people know what’s actually going on. I have a screenshot of it, but the reposting would be better, as it’s including the links.

Hmm I found out that comments are deleted. Interesting....I have a feeling like they are going to delete it right away even if I write it again.
    Maybe it's because they don't want to hear any other Korean's opinion except the Spam they got. I'll figure out a way to post somewhere else.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    inuman wrote: »

Hmm I found out that comments are deleted. Interesting....I have a feeling like they are going to delete it right away even if I write it again.
    Maybe it's because they don't want to hear any other Korean's opinion except the Spam they got. I'll figure out a way to post somewhere else.

It's up to you if you want to post those comments here again, I completely understand why you're hesitant to. So far, no one in this particular thread has started any arguments, so I figure it's pretty safe to post them. But again, it's up to you.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • inumaninuman Posts: 21 Member
    >Maybe it's because they don't want to hear any other Korean's opinion

Yeah, that's what I got too. It means they don't care about the opinions from different perspective.

>I'll figure out a way to post somewhere else.

Cool, I too was thinking maybe it's better to find somewhere else, as they keep deleting the threads. I don't feel safe here. I tried but can't find any, so let me know when you figure it out.

Honestly, what annoys me the most is the sims team deleting the threads where people shared their real opinions. Making a game inspired by the real country and not hearing the opinions from people living there IS disrespectful. I'm completely okay with some Korean users accusing those features in the game, people can express what they think as much as they want. So does Japanese and other people. But the sims team, consisting of mostly Westerners, are not accepting us discussing our thoughts? That's unbearable.