Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else enjoy playing without cc or mods?

I might be the minority but I prefer to play my game without cc or mods. It just feels unnatural to me. And alot of cc just doesn't look good to me. I understand mods can make your game better but its not for me. Anyone else feel the same?

Comments

• RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I don't know. I've never tried! :D
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    I've never used cc, and the only mod I have is for woohoo--this doesn't affect gameplay unless I want it to
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Almost! I have no cc and only one small mod. Well, I say small... it is MCCC, but I only use a tiny weeny part of it, which is to stop relationship decay when I rotate around all my many, many sim households.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I'm going to find out if I do. I removed my mod folder from the game files, so far so good. They were all over 2 years old.
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    That was me for the past 6 years the game was out. I thought that mods and CC would ruin the game, tbh. I guess the type of computer you have would either make or break the experience if they didn't run well.
    But one day I became curious enough to give 'em a whirl and actually found some pretty neat stuff!

However, I'm not sure how long-term I'll be using them. It's quite the hassle to keep everything updated.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited October 2020
    I could not play this game without mods. Meaningful Stories, Have some Personality Please, NPC Control and MCCC are a must for me.

As for custom content I only download it for CAS. I need custom skin tones, Kijiko eyelashes and body hair in my game. The rest I could probably play without. The game already has so much choice for clothing that I don't feel like it's really needed but I only download things that are maxis match and nice enough quality that they don't look out of place in the game.
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    No haha I’m obsessed with cc, it’s one of my favourite parts of the game
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    Lot of the stuff I enjoy doing uses CC so I can't imagine my game without it lol.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,943 Member
    edited October 2020
    ive had cc and mods before but i always end up deleting them cause i find myself just ruining my saves out of boredom

especially with powerful gameplay mods like sacrificial ones cause honestly i just can't use mods in moderation and i end up with big blood bath or something

cause i think bored = use more of this fun new mod to not be bored

but it doesn't work that way cause u then get bored of the mod itself and whatever storyline you had is gone (cause well i killed everyone involved)

and with cc i even tried to make some myself before but honestly ever since i tried that i just feel overwhelmed by the thought of "i could have anything on earth if i actually used my time and effort on it"

so i don't really like to do cc anymore cause i note that there will never be a time i actually bother to make or find every single object i want in the game

+also i don't like the alpha style or clashing art styles so id still want it to look like it belongs in the game which it often does not

+also because i can't be bothered to manage cc and mod folders

im just too lazy to update stuff for patches and get annoyed and stressed over breaking my saves in general

= i have way more fun playing mod and cc free because i can just play stress free and be content with what i have and maybe im not always playing out my ideal game scenarios but its good because then i also end up playing other fun stuff i didnt even realize was in the game before and i would have never added if i only had my ideal game content

+ i also can share any build in the gallery without thinking about "oh no but i have so much cool cc in it and ppl don't have that so its useless to them :( "
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I know what you mean, I like CC in my game, but something about it just feels out of place, like it doesn't belong or something. I use mods, but only mods that keep with the classic vanilla experience, mods like Personality Please, Meaningful Stories, and so on.
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    edited October 2020
    I can definitely play without cc and I’ve never been one for mods, I’ve had a few installed for years like more calendar traditions, more club icons, and a custom loading screen, but that’s all really, I don’t use anything that really alters the gameplay.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Depends on the cc. I never used to like alpha cc but then I found maxis match and it changed the game
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Depends on the cc. I never used to like alpha cc but then I found maxis match and it changed the game

What is 'maxis match'
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member

What is 'maxis match'

"Maxis Match" is CC that is made with the vanilla base game in mind and is meant to match the style of it. "Alpha" is more realistic CC, I think it's named after the alpha channel?
    A1hnP0t.png
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member

What is 'maxis match'

I believe it’s meant to blend in to the game so using similar meshes or just recolours. I think Alpha is the content that has a more real feel to it and doesn’t ‘match’ the cartoon look in the game.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I only play with the basic Sims 4 with up to date Expansions, Game Packs & Stuffs.
    I don't use any Mods, MCCs or CCs.
  • ConfutusConfutus Posts: 113 Member
    No mods, no cheats. It's enough of challenge building a community of Sims from scratch. I haven't found all the easter eggs in the basic game, either, and the various packs I do have still have more stuff in them than I know how to use, or get to.
  • SimmerMarsSimmerMars Posts: 242 Member
    I can play without cc. I’ve had my breaks from it where I’ll just play a few saves without it. But, I really like having 3D lashes, default eye replacement, and different hairs (for my teens). I never used mods up until maybe 3 months ago. I only use IU cheats to get rid of that pesky death sadness moodlet. I just got tired of my sims becoming sad every time a sibling, and aunt/uncle died. I just moved out 91/100 YA for the 100 baby challenge and I couldn’t have kept going with this challenge had they kept staying sad all of the time.
    Origin ID: Bosslady216
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I have not used them in Sims 4 yet. In my experience once I start getting into cc for a game I start spending more time downloading it than playing the game, and I am not ready to go there yet with 4.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I do! I learned playing with CC's and mods the hard way with Sims 2. So I don't play with CC's and mods anymore no matter how good they sound or look.
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I have played and continue to have fun with a completely vanilla game since the start. I have nothing against Mods/CC and admire those who make both. I used a TON of them in TS2. I've been very tempted to use a few Mods after hearing all they can do from others, but so far I've been able to resist. I have a love/dislike relationship with them.

I love how they enhance the game and fix a lot of problems/bugs/glitches. Especially MCCC.

I love how CC can make our Sims look SO much better by adding missing features from the game (looking at you eyelashes & body hair).

I dislike how if I were to ever give in to temptation, I know it'll slowly cause me to spend more time searching/shopping for them than playing the game, just like you fear @Daephene. That's what happened as a result for me in TS2.

I dislike how updates can break Mods and then I'd have to wait until they're updated to play my game.

I dislike how sometimes some Modders just quit updating their mods and disappear without a trace and then you're stuck using an old version or need to remove a mod that has become necessary to your gameplay.

I dislike how 9/10 times when someone complains about a bug/glitch, it's inevitably because of a Mod/CC conflict.

Most of all though, I dislike that whenever someone has a problem with a glitch/bug that should be fixed and should've never happened in the first place the answer almost always from other Simmers is, "there's a mod for that." I'm glad there are mods for problems, I just don't think it should be the standard answer when a problem arises. It gives the Devs a handy excuse for never fixing a problem or taking their sweet time doing it and those who can't or don't want to use Mods suffer as a result. Just my opinion of course.

For me personally, the dislike outweighs the love and I prefer to wait until this iteration is complete before adding any Mods/CC to my game. I love them, but they're not worth it while the game is still being developed.

Happy Simming! <3
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    I enjoy my game completely without CC or mods since the beginning :).
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,141 Member
    I have started with cc, when I arrived in the 1920s of my decade challenge, because I was tired of using always the same clothes again and again like in the beginning of this challenge, because with all the modern clothes you have little variety in the game. If the game would have more stuffs from older decades, like a landline telefones, functional typewriter, kitchenstuff and so on I would happily delete all cc's I've got so far. It a little bit nerve-wrecking if you found something nice, and then this cc is either broken or it breaks your game. Mccc is nice, and I like it so far because I can change some rules easier and use cheats for my personal gameplay, but I think I could still play without again.