Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you want burglars back ?

NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
edited October 2020 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
The title says it all 😂 I want those guys back
Post edited by EA_Joz on

Do you want burglars back ? 163 votes

Yes
76%
OneAdorkableGirlicmnfrshwinkeljohn78Icewolfsketchesalexspoom13Nighteyessims2freak737WrenryBreeNilladanacnbrettIsb917keekee53MaryVannWings7StrangerthanNihmoelanorbretonirishdragon7XBanana00CreamX 124 votes
No
23%
crocobauraNh6650TheSpotted_CFigwitDOLLDRMS1AnmirlaKatAnubisWyrreng01denswanLustianiciataydevClassicalSimsurelymaebySindocatAnnLee87Onversercatmando830QueenMercyEnkiSchmidtFlap 39 votes

Comments

• Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    Sure thing, make them toggleable though. I'd love to see my Sims fighting them lmao.

Also, if they're back, incorporate them into aspects of the Detective career. I'd love to be at a burglar break-out and find, catch, and arrest them.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    No
    Not really. But Maybe once in a while. Basically only if it s an option an if it is not too often.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Yes
    I want my sim to be a lock picker.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Yes
    I miss my sims fighting them lol I never put the alarm in 😂 @Ray_Trace there is a no trespassing option on the doors, that could be used too keep them out but who would want too do that hahaha
    Yes
    It would be good too have a real criminal sim lol @CAPTAIN_NXR7
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    Doesn't no trespassing also stop visitors from entering houses too? Like, something you have to manually toggle off if you want visitors in?
    A1hnP0t.png
    Yes
    Nikkih wrote: »
    Yep! It needs to be an active ‘career’!
    Yes
    Yes theres a few options on the doors, no vampires, no neighbours if they added burglars they could add the option of no burglars on that lot @Ray_Trace
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Yes
    Yes! I miss the suspense of having my sim's house broken into. I understand many people don't like for random negative events to happen to their sims, but I miss it and wish they would bring stuff like burglars back - with an option to disable burglaries for those who don't want it.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Yes
    I'd love it if they did bring them back, and connect them to the Detective career. Of course they'd have to bring back burglar alarms and other ways to prevent your stuff from getting stolen. But there's something about that sense of risk. I'd welcome it.

I'm already very careful with collectibles and things that can't just be bought from BB. As long as they can't get to THAT stuff, I'm all for it. Would be a bit annoying if they stole fully upgraded objects, but hey, there's always a sim that's leveling handiness in my families.
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Yes
    Yep! It needs to be an active ‘career’!

The Sims 4: Luv 2 Steal
    Yes
    I miss the unexpected lol those guys are sims classic @hyrulerose
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Yes
    Yeah, we need an active criminal career. Pickpocketing sims in the street, breaking into houses, swiping things from community Lots, robbing banks. With a chance of getting caught and put into jail.

It'll never happen though. Too politically incorrect or whatever. So I guess NPC burglars would be better than nothing. I used to love the music that would play when you got a burglar.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    No
    Not unless it is in a pack I can skip.

The burglar music in TS3 creeped me out. I also don't miss being awoken in the middle of the night.
    Yes
    Me too there were soo comical they were brilliant lol, stealing your sims toilet 😂 @elanorbreton
    Yes
    Yeah, we need an active criminal career. Pickpocketing sims in the street, breaking into houses, swiping things from community Lots, robbing banks. With a chance of getting caught and put into jail.

It'll never happen though. Too politically incorrect or whatever. So I guess NPC burglars would be better than nothing. I used to love the music that would play when you got a burglar.
    It’s interesting because JtB has a lot of these elements: pick pocketing/ swiping/ heists/ cheating/ getting caught, being put into jail. You’re basically playing as a criminal.
    I suppose it works in that SW scenario since it’s so far removed from the usual sims universe. Plus half of it is rabbit hole. I believe this makes a huge difference.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    Yes
    bring them back with ts1 burglar music pls
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    No
    At this point I don't miss them. We have kleptomaniacs, sharing is caring NAP, and I think the burglars would be the cherry on top, what with the Sims Police Department being underpaid, undertrained and understaffed. What's stopping the police to show up when they strip bars and shops of required furniture? When they released Get to Work the police was pictured at the cafe having coffee and cake. Probably they are stuck there. :lol:
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    Yes
    crocobaura wrote: »
    At this point I don't miss them. We have kleptomaniacs, sharing is caring NAP, and I think the burglars would be the cherry on top, what with the Sims Police Department being underpaid, undertrained and understaffed. What's stopping the police to show up when they strip bars and shops of required furniture? When they released Get to Work the police was pictured at the cafe having coffee and cake. Probably they are stuck there. :lol:

i mean yeah we have klepto sims and some of you have the naps but i want my sims to be properly robbed by a burglar npc with their clasical outfit and the creepy song appearing in the middle of the night while i can't unpause the game and i have to see how the toilet gets stolen because i forgot to add a burglar alarm😔
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Yes
    Me too there were soo comical they were brilliant lol, stealing your sims toilet 😂 @elanorbreton

Haha, back when my son used to play, he had a burglar in the night and got his sim out of bed to call the police and the burglar stole his bed. I loved how they could fit all and sundry into that one black sack lol.

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 I really need to play out a scoundrel in Batuu. I got distracted with making Batuu builds for Strangerville.
    Yes
    I laughed at the comment, that burglar was very quick for the bed 😂😂😂 @elanorbreton
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    No
    Ray_Trace wrote: »
    Sure thing, make them toggleable though. I'd love to see my Sims fighting them lmao.

Also, if they're back, incorporate them into aspects of the Detective career. I'd love to be at a burglar break-out and find, catch, and arrest them.

I was dead set against burglars until I read this. This would be really fun!

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,404 Member
    Yes
    I got broken into in my first TS3 file on my first night. Pretty cool.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    Yes
    Yes, but only if we have the option of playing a burglar as opposed to being the victim of one
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,874 Member
    Yes
    My burglars in TS2 are extremely attached to toilet seats, those things they always take. I can imagine how awesome for them would be to steal talking toilets :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina