Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Could these be the new Lifestyles? (Snowy Escape Speculation)

2...Next

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    bellagoth_ wrote: »
    telmarina wrote: »
    logion wrote: »
    @SimmerGeorge it looks like you were right.

ODORugC.png

Where do you take this from? 😲

gameplay trailer on youtube sis

Thanks. So i guess what i saw a few minutes ago wasn't the gameplay trailer... 🤦‍♀️
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited October 2020
    This looks like it's going to be a very long slow download if it's going to change every Sims lifestyle so much. I would advise starting it off and going off for a tea or coffee and a piece of cake and watch TV! :D:#

It, if it does download on the 13th (mine says 12th) it might coincide with the usual Windows 10 update that comes on the second Tuesday in every month and seems to want to download at the very same time as Sims 4 does, so maybe pause that for 7 days!
  • quinhobpquinhobp Posts: 220 Member

ODORugC.png

Thanks. So i guess what i saw a few minutes ago wasn't the gameplay trailer... 🤦‍♀️

Probably you watch the twitter version? A very short one, I watch this one and was disappointed with the lack of information until figure out the full version with almost three minutes length on YouTube
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited October 2020
    UPDATE: So Lifestyles are afterall glorified traits.
    Case closed.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,227 Member
    edited October 2020
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    UPDATE: So Lifestyles are afterall glorified traits.
    Case closed.

That’s disappointing. Is this their shallow attempt at giving the sims more depth?

I hope Sentiments are better, at least they’re free...
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    Yeah, I'm not so sure anymore, this pack is starting to feel rushed in some areas.

When I read the questions from SimGuruFrost's survey I had hoped for more actual game development put into this.

• Csibeubi3Csibeubi3 Posts: 46 Member
    To me Lifestyles are similar how personality works in The Sims 2. There weren't any traits, but you could put personality points into different categories like how social your sim is and lazy/active. Only this time life experience can change that, which seems more realistic. I think this will be a really cool feature.
    20180613_230543.gif
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Csibeubi3 wrote: »
    To me Lifestyles are similar how personality works in The Sims 2. There weren't any traits, but you could put personality points into different categories like how social your sim is and lazy/active. Only this time life experience can change that, which seems more realistic. I think this will be a really cool feature.

@Csibeubi3 I mean they are literally traits though, judging by the names, several of them we even had in the Sims 3 as traits already.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Have you seen this information about sentiments?
    All players will get the opportunity to experience Sentiments, though there will be expanded options if players opt for the DLC. Sentiments are feelings different Sims will have about shared experiences. While one Sim might reminisce on a moment with fondness, another may become sad. Now, when Sims share time together, the moments can mean more and affect their moods later on.
    https://screenrant.com/sims-4-snowy-escape-preview-snowboarding/
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Csibeubi3 wrote: »

@Csibeubi3 I mean they are literally traits though, judging by the names, several of them we even had in the Sims 3 as traits already.

To me it sounds like traits influence behaviour, but the lifestyles themselves are influenced by behaviour as they can change over time, so they are different from traits. Or you could consider them as temporary traits if you must. I think they will add more options to describe your sims personality, especially if you don't give them traits that sort of force them into these lifestyles. I am interested to know more about the junk food fiend and health food nut, it seems like foods are getting a make-over and being separated into good foods and junk foods.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »
    Have you seen this information about sentiments?
    All players will get the opportunity to experience Sentiments, though there will be expanded options if players opt for the DLC. Sentiments are feelings different Sims will have about shared experiences. While one Sim might reminisce on a moment with fondness, another may become sad. Now, when Sims share time together, the moments can mean more and affect their moods later on.
    https://screenrant.com/sims-4-snowy-escape-preview-snowboarding/

I saw that, that sounds more like something that I had hoped for, if it is well implemented. Maxis have not revealed anything about how it works though.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    quinhobp wrote: »

ODORugC.png

Probably you watch the twitter version? A very short one, I watch this one and was disappointed with the lack of information until figure out the full version with almost three minutes length on YouTube

Yes, it was that 😅
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Are these not a repeat of what is already in game? Like Energetic? Don't Sims already have this 'mood' and start working out (pushups) everywhere in TS4? I know they did in my game. Does it not bother anyone that the things listed are already in game (other than what is hidden). :/ How is this 'new' and exciting? It's not, it's a repeat and repackage and resell what you already have. Why do they keep doing this!? :s
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Are these not a repeat of what is already in game? Like Energetic? Don't Sims already have this 'mood' and start working out (pushups) everywhere in TS4? I know they did in my game. Does it not bother anyone that the things listed are already in game (other than what is hidden). :/ How is this 'new' and exciting? It's not, it's a repeat and repackage and resell what you already have. Why do they keep doing this!? :s

These are generated as a result of the activities your Sims is doing - direct results of the actions the sims perform. They're not the same as the emotions.
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
    edited October 2020
    MissyHissy wrote: »

These are generated as a result of the activities your Sims is doing - direct results of the actions the sims perform. They're not the same as the emotions.

No, then why have energetic more than once in the game? Can't I just plop down a mood emitter (decor) and or have a conversation and turn someone energetic in TS4 already? Yes, and that's why it's just repackaged and resold. It already exist in the game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    The way I see it, if anyone is going to randomly do push-ups, I want it to be my more active sims. Isn’t that better than everyone doing push-ups?

The question is, if my sim gets the Energetic lifestyle, what are the autonomous actions that would apply? Hopefully it’s a lot more than push-ups. If this adds any variety to what they are doing autonomously, I see it as an improvement. I can see how it might get in the way if you are trying to socialize and the other sim(s) insist on doing individual activities, but they’re always running off to do something stupid as it is.
    edited October 2020
    babajayne wrote: »
    The way I see it, if anyone is going to randomly do push-ups, I want it to be my more active sims. Isn’t that better than everyone doing push-ups?

The question is, if my sim gets the Energetic lifestyle, what are the autonomous actions that would apply? Hopefully it’s a lot more than push-ups. If this adds any variety to what they are doing autonomously, I see it as an improvement. I can see how it might get in the way if you are trying to socialize and the other sim(s) insist on doing individual activities, but they’re always running off to do something stupid as it is.

If Sims had never been energetic then yes, it could be considered new, but sorry, it's overkill, again. Just rinse and repeat. Food...don't we already have vegans? Is this new food type person going to be just a repeat of what's already in the game, even if they expand it, it's already in game. If something was never in game, then ok, but why buy a pack just to make a Sim energetic again...why am I the only one that sees the lack of vision and just pure repeating of things already in game. It's like hand me $40 and I will add a tiny attribute to your energetic Sim you already play...
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member

If Sims had never been energetic then yes, it could be considered new, but sorry, it's overkill, again. Just rinse and repeat. Food...don't we already have vegans? Is this new food type person going to be just a repeat of what's already in the game, even if they expand it, it's already in game. If something was never in game, then ok, but why buy a pack just to make a Sim energetic again...why am I the only one that sees the lack of vision and just pure repeating of things already in game. It's like hand me $40 and I will add a tiny attribute to your energetic Sim you already play...

You don't have to make a sim energetic again, but if you have a sim that is say genius, romantic and creative, you could also make them energetic as well.
    edited October 2020
    crocobaura wrote: »

You don't have to make a sim energetic again, but if you have a sim that is say genius, romantic and creative, you could also make them energetic as well.

I can already do that by talking to an energetic Sim which in turn makes my Sim energetic and or work out and become energetic and or use a mood emitter in game and make them energetic or look at a picture and make them energetic, I don't need to spend $40 to get what I can already do. It's overkill.
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    MissyHissy wrote: »

No, then why have energetic more than once in the game? Can't I just plop down a mood emitter (decor) and or have a conversation and turn someone energetic in TS4 already? Yes, and that's why it's just repackaged and resold. It already exist in the game.

Given we don't know that much yet about how they're implemented, we can only guess at this stage. From what I gather, it looks like these will last for indefinite periods of time - as in as long as your sim is regularly doing these things. The emotions are beholden to buffs, aren't they? Well the Lifestyles aren't - they're tied to the actions, not the buffs.

Similar concept but different outcomes but as I say, we don't really know that much about them yet.
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • susannesimssusannesims Posts: 128 Member
    Oooh I really hope these are well integrated with other packs or moddable. I want to be able to have eco friendly lifestyle and consumerist lifestyle and itd be super cool if the club system could have some form of intergration with the lifestyles
  • carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member
    Oooh I really hope these are well integrated with other packs or moddable. I want to be able to have eco friendly lifestyle and consumerist lifestyle and itd be super cool if the club system could have some form of intergration with the lifestyles

Yes that`s a really fun idea with eco friendly/consumerist! :smile: Do you have any thoughs on how the club system could affect the lifestyles?