March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Surprise discovery, police station & hospital are in a world

Yesterday went to play one of my multi sim households and 3 of them were not home. One was flagged as being at the police station, so out of curiosity selected that one. Was taken to a small world where the sim was standing on the sidewalk next to a fairly large pond. No places to fish, but there was one frog log and the two open areas to the left as sim went up the sidewalk had berry bushes and flowers to harvest. Each of these, when hovered over with mouse had the car 'travel to' icon. All this was in the right side of the world. Once at the top, sim was sent to the left - the only available direction. She soon came to the hospital, which had another 'travel to' icon. Continuing down, there was a rather nice plaza with the police station at the bottom end. This my sim could enter readily. Once inside, discovered that sim had full access to every room in the station. Not only that, but she could fingerprint, take mugshots of, and search the prisoners that are in the detention cell. She had full access to any computer not being used, including getting an assignment, updating the files, and accessing the police data base. The desktop picture on the computers looks much like a shot of Diamond Head as seen from Waikiki. When not chatting up the officers (including discussing case theories), sim ate in the lunch room 2 or 3 times, worked out the the exercise room, used the loo and shower, and had some naps. Even released one of the prisoners to see what would happen. Instead of making a break for it, the prisoner simply wandered around a bit before going to one of the officers to be locked up again. This was all unexpected and surprising. Now am wondering if there is a way to get back there to see what else is hiding.

Comments

• thatpinkcoconutthatpinkcoconut Posts: 187 Member
    This is really interesting. Can you perhaps upload some screenshots?
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    maybe that means there going to update it at some point
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Well yeah, they're active careers not rabbitholes if a sim works there they'll go there
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Thats why they are in a hidden neighborhood and supposeduly can only be accessed with sims who work there, because whoever player controlled sims who went there can access every object within
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    This is really interesting. Can you perhaps upload some screenshots?

Took a few but have no idea how to upload them. Not had occasion to use one of those photo sites. The sim in question does not have that career, so suspect she was a randomly present one from playing another house & was still there.
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    Cool! I have not had that happen yet but have logged into my alien save to find out one in the household was on Sixam. I chose to play her there rather than one of the family members at home. Hoping I'll have the same happen with the hospital and lab one day.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    I've tried to explore the world with the police station and hospital in it a few times. I was usually doing the Detective career at the time, so I would look around to the extent possible while my sim was analyzing clues or something else that I could cue up. I haven't (yet) had a sim blow off their day job to explore the world.

I think, though I'm not sure, that there's a third lot there too, but it's empty.

I've also done some in the area around the science lab. Since gathering collectables and talking to visitors is on the list of tasks, that's a bit easier to do.
    There is a large open area between the river. In the 'accident visit' the travel icon appeared when I moused over it. When checking with sim in the detective career that didn't happen. Seems that might well be the 3rd lot. If only there was a mod that enabled going to such closed places...
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,444 Member
    @Oldeseadogge I believe zerbu has one that lets you travel to those places. Don't know when it was last updated, but might be worth checking out.
    Thank you!
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,444 Member
    Thank you!

@Oldeseadogge you're welcome 🙂. Hope it works out.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I wish the hospital wasn't invisible and our sims could go there to be treated when they get sick.
    You seem to have some pull around here. Maybe you could put a burr under the appropriate saddle. Both places should be accessible, at least partially. The police station not so much at present, but with some creative thinking could be worked in. The hospital certainly for a place for sick sims to go to. If sims can take sick pets to the vet, why not themselves to the hospital, or at least a clinic?
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    I wish all 3 places were accessible to any sim. And we could see them on th map.