Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Luxury Car photo?

I'm well aware that the photography skill is quite buggy and there might be no way around this, but I thought I'd try asking. Does anyone know of a specific car that should work for the Best in Class photo "Luxury Car"? I have all EPs and SPs.

Hovercars from ITF all register only as "object." So I bought the most expensive car that was not a hovercar. It registered as "car." So I bought the most expensive base game car. It still registered as "car." I bought a car that specifically said it was geared toward luxury, and yet still... "car." Is this like the dropa stone photo where it just isn't going to register no matter what I do? I googled it, but I couldn't find anyone saying that about this specific photo, so I thought I'd ask before I shrug my shoulders and count the photo as "unofficially completed."

I do have a variety of mods, but none that should affect skills, challenges, or photography.

Comments

• puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    I believe the car is the limo certain sims get when they reach the top (or close) of certain professions. For example, if you've ever played a sim in the political career, the carpool will be a limo instead of an expensive car.

I don't remember which other careers grant the limo, but a top-level politician definitely gets one. If you can't find a sim that already takes a limo to work, you could use NRaas MasterController to promote one, then hope the game generates the limo instead of pushing them to take their own car to work. I've seen the limos randomly around town here and there as well, although not necessarily in a pattern, except I think maybe someone in Sunset Valley uses it often at the beginning of a new save there.
  • baranoutabaranouta Posts: 64 Member
    I believe the car is the limo certain sims get when they reach the top (or close) of certain professions. For example, if you've ever played a sim in the political career, the carpool will be a limo instead of an expensive car.

I don't remember which other careers grant the limo, but a top-level politician definitely gets one. If you can't find a sim that already takes a limo to work, you could use NRaas MasterController to promote one, then hope the game generates the limo instead of pushing them to take their own car to work. I've seen the limos randomly around town here and there as well, although not necessarily in a pattern, except I think maybe someone in Sunset Valley uses it often at the beginning of a new save there.

Oh! Thank you; I'll give that a try. I do still need to get the photo for a sim at the top of the political career anyway, so maybe I'll do that and hide the family car in the family inventory for a bit so they'll use the carpool. :tongue: