Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can I turn off notifications for specific threads?

My question is in the title. I tried to do a quick search for any other info on this, but didn't find anything, so I hope this is okay to post here.

The bookmark/unbookmark star thingy doesn't seem to work for me? If that makes sense.

I get so many notifications for one or two threads, and it's hard to look through them all for notifications regarding less busy threads. I'd love to know if I could turn off/ unbookmark the one or two busy threads.

TIA.

Comments

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I turned my notifications off all together 😅😅some people might think I don't respond to them but it's so easy to get lost in where you posted in a swarm of threads 😅 but u can't deal with all the notifications
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited November 2020
    OP, I don’t know if you've tried to toggle the 'star'marking, log-in, and the window open / closed.

I have noticed threads being marked with a star without me doing it.

In relation to notices I would wish for a function to hide whole threads from view.
    I am sure I will loose interest in this forum eventually, but for now it gives me entertainment to read the threads here. But, if it weren't for the negative threads.

I have yet to grasp the actual point of this forum, and AHQ, as well as the need for both; except for the cute, or crass, idea of gathering players to talk about a game they therefore would keep interest in as customers.

But there are players that make good use of this place, but oh, aren’t there a lot of complaints?
    Every other threads created is: 'Why won't the game end'; 'I'm laughing, EA denied us / insert minor feature / again'; 'Don't you just hate..' etc.

I know I can put posters on ignore, so I would like that to be extended to threads as well, for an untainted enjoyment of the pages here as long as it lasts.

I could of course ask for better management of the forum too, I guess.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    At the top of the forum next to the search box on the right is a star. It's between what looks like an envelope and a cog. Click on that and it'll give you a short synopsis of your bookmarked threads. Go to the bottom of that where it says "All Bookmarks" Click on that and you'll see the entire list of all threads you have bookmarked for notifications. All you have to do to stop getting notifications from a particular thread is click on the yellow star to the right of a thread on that list to unbookmark it. After you've done that, you'll never get another notification for that thread again. I hope this is helpful! :)

Happy Simming! <3