Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Origin Outage & Errors

OceanbornAngel13OceanbornAngel13 Posts: 104 Member
I have been having great difficulties with Origin today. When I am able to log in it says that I have no games in my Library which is untrue, I have Sims 4 loaded on this PC and The Sims 2 loaded on Origin for my Windows 7 OS laptop because I just can't get that game to properly load on this computer. I checked a website that tracks outages and there is a huge spike in reported cases of Origin Outages from other users. Here's that website page:
https://downdetector.com/status/origin/

I was just wondering if anyone else in this community can't get logged onto Origin as well. I guess I'll take a nap until EA fixes this.

P.S. This makes me long for the days of having to upload physical discs instead of relying on a launcher all the time to play your games. :/
You know, I don't just play The Sims 4. ^_^

Comments

• Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    Yeah, I'm having the same issue. I finally got back into playing TS4 and now, stupid Origin doesn't work.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    SimmerMarsSimmerMars Posts: 242 Member
    It’s been like this for a couple of hours now. At one point I couldn’t get into origin at all. Now I’m in, but of course all of my games are missing. So I can’t do anything on origin yet.
    Origin ID: Bosslady216
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    I was just able to get to my game. I'm too tired to play right now, and my messy kitchen in calling me to clean it up before I lose what's left of my 'energy'. There's always something. Oi.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SimmerMarsSimmerMars Posts: 242 Member
    I was just able to get to my game. I'm too tired to play right now, and my messy kitchen in calling me to clean it up before I lose what's left of my 'energy'. There's always something. Oi.
    Thank you for the update! I’m going to check my game now and see if I have any luck. Hope your cleaning time goes by quickly.

Origin ID: Bosslady216
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I don’t have my gaming PC here, to check the game; but could not log into AHQ. I have also been outlogged thrice from here this evening, the last time just now when trying to post, with a timed out connection error.

• Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Yeah I am having issues as well. I just used the shortcut to start it on my desktop and going to play offline I guess.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Oh this explains why I got randomly logged out earlier.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I have so many issues with origin it's crazy. It takes 2 days to repair my game and constant error messages. Even now i have to force quit sims because it freezes upon exit. Usually when it does that i need to repair but I'm too terrified to try again because of all the errors. I hope force quitting doesn't mess up with anything....
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    smurf45bluesmurf45blue Posts: 39 Member
    i put my CD in to get on origin and it work that way hope they fix it soon and yes my game are not showing up on the page
  • Options
    FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    I just opened origin, my game is gone !!!! How can I get it back ?
  • Options
    FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Yeah I am having issues as well. I just used the shortcut to start it on my desktop and going to play offline I guess.
    My shortcut is also gone. I’m not very familiar with pc, were should I look for it ? It was on the desktop the last time I played, yesterday.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    edited October 2020
    I'm at work so I can't open my game, but I can go to origin.com and I got this message:

Origin servers temporarily unavailable
    Apologies for the inconvenience, we’re currently unable to retrieve your list of games. Please reload and try again.

It also says my game library is currently empty, but I think it has something to do with the above.
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    I get the same thing. Could be that Ea is updating Origin to become the new EA Desktop App.
    :) Smile!

• Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Puddinroy wrote: »
    I get the same thing. Could be that Ea is updating Origin to become the new EA Desktop App.

On Friday afternoon? Probably not. My guess is either server meltdown or a DDOS.
  • Options
    FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    The issues started for me after I took advantage of the sale to pick up a missing pack. The purchase completed and downloaded, but a little later when I loaded the game, that pack was showing as needing to be purchased yet. Everything else was showing up in game and all my purchased packs (including today's purchase) were showing in my Origin library. It was such an odd issue that I didn't suspect an outage. Go figure. It's working fine now... but of course now I'm just not in the mood to play. :/
    Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Origin updated yesterday but I had not played for 3 days before that. Not sure when the update was released. I have it set to manual updates. When there is a new update I can't play unless I update Origin first. Maybe something went wrong with the auto update. It worked for me yesterday. I will try to play later.

EA did tweet something about finding the problem but I thought is was only for FIFA players.
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
  • Options
    I can’t access AHQ, but if someone can, there usually is a thread for these current issues, if enough players are effected posting about it there. Perhaps there is news or work arounds.

I tried to repair my game last weekend, which took forever (40 min), and gave me an error. I took a screen shot, but don't have it here. I cleaned Origin cache, and shut down my firewall/computer protection, and it finally went through, but took much longer than it used to do.
  • Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    oh no. so does this mean we cant play our games?
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    I got the same problem :weary:
  • Options
    mysticdiva2mysticdiva2 Posts: 699 Member
    All my Games are missing in Origin and I even checked EA Desktop.. Havent been able to play all day... We pay all this money for our games and We get nothing but problems...
  • Options
    teeteelouiseteeteelouise Posts: 121 Member
    Earlier my laptop died while I was saving. After I restarted it my save was gone. But a save someone else made is still there. Im not sure if that is something related to the origin issue or something that went wrong from the laptop dying. Is anyone else having this problem?
  • Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    its not showing my games so im not even sure i can play any of my games. they really need to fix this!
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I can play the game from my desktop icon, but I can't buy new packs on the sale.
    At least it isn't the last day of the sale.
  • Options
    I'd say contact EA Help.