Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Theory Time!! What do you guys think the four game changers were involved with??

keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
Sooooo I originally thought perhaps they might have been involved with building but I have a new theory. I think they were involved with the Train transportation. I watched three of the four videos and noticed not one of them made a big deal about the train. In fact, they almost ignored it which I found strange. I watched other videos and a lot of other people mentioned the train.

What do you guys think they were involved with?

Comments

• Options
    GuillaumeSnowGuillaumeSnow Posts: 87 Member
    Building i'm sure, maybe premade households aswell.
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    They definitely have a secret...

Maybe with the release of split levels they’ll also be introducing cars/ a transport system in the base game patch...?

...Pfft! Yeah, keep dreaming!!
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    My guess is they made houses or families or both because the train looks similiar to the transport thing in willow creek and i don't think it will be more than teleporting rabbit hole

also simsie and james at least are more known for the builds i think so it would just make most sense
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'm guessing they designed some of the lots I will be removing right when I enter the game.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    I was totally onboard with the lots too plus there is a lot of clutter in the builds they showed in the trailer. I never really seen the sims team put that much in their builds. I really do think it is the transportation that I agree with @GracieO312 it will probably be a rabbithole. Maybe it is the "secret" not so much that they worked on it.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Well, since Simsie does pretty much nothing but build in this game, frequently complains about the unsightly pre-made houses in other expansions, and is extremely good at building even with rules and restrictions (can't say the same about whoever is responsible for the architectural abominations the packs usually come with), I would be surprised if they didn't bring her in for some decent builds. Since I don't follow any of the others, I don't know what they usually do, but we don't even know if they all worked on the same thing, or different things... I guess we'll find out soon.
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    Building, I think.

Probably they didn't say much about the train just because it means nothing, maybe it's not even a rabbithole transportation.
    We had a limo in a Get Famous trailer and back then community thought it means cars...
    Tbh I think the train is just a set dressing again. I'll be glad to be proven wrong though. :)
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Considering that they are all well known for building, building. Deli and James have both said that they have no idea about game play and they didn't get to play the pack so that leaves building or creating sims, but I'm going with building.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    Camkat wrote: »
    Considering that they are all well known for building, building. Deli and James have both said that they have no idea about game play and they didn't get to play the pack so that leaves building or creating sims, but I'm going with building.

ahhh yes yes they did say they didn't know anything about the gameplay.

Then what is the big "secret" I wonder? There has to be more right?? Building feels so obvious but I might be reading too much into it LOL.
  • Options
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Camkat wrote: »

ahhh yes yes they did say they didn't know anything about the gameplay.

Then what is the big "secret" I wonder? There has to be more right?? Building feels so obvious but I might be reading too much into it LOL.

Haha yeah, I have a feeling a lot of people are reading way to much into it. They built some things. 100% I believe they will be better than any past EP's pre-builds (minus the one that Simproved did for Evergreen Harbour). They're just not allowed to share with us what those builds were because the BB is still kind of secret until the live stream and same with any new lot types (if there is any). At least mostly secret anyways.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited October 2020
    I watched Deligracy's twitch stream yesterday and she was asked about it and answered the following:
    "No, I can't tell you yet but I wish I could because it really isn't that big of a deal, you guys can imagine what we were involved in already anyway"

So from that I'm guessing they did some building and pre-mades.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I think the reason why they didn't really react to the train is because they have already played in the world and they know it does nothing so they didn't want to get people hyped with fake speculation when they all already know it's just decor.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    This sounds so weird of me to even notice but you know the female sim in the trailer shivering on the mountaintop? When I saw her I instantly thought she looked like a sim deligracy would make.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Deli confirmed she knows nothing about game play, so I imagine it was just building or sim creation.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Deli confirmed she knows nothing about game play, so I imagine it was just building or sim creation.

It could be she just said that so people wouldn't pester her with questions. If she had access to BB and CAS she certainly had access to gameplay, especially as some BB items have gameplay elements associated to them.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

It could be she just said that so people wouldn't pester her with questions. If she had access to BB and CAS she certainly had access to gameplay, especially as some BB items have gameplay elements associated to them.

That assumes she tested the items... which, admittedly, she may have done.

And she may have been given a "dummied down" version with just the CAS/BB assets and a more or less static world.

I am hoping that, like Simproved with the crane house, they all had permission for and can post videos showing how they built whatever structures and/or sims they did make.
  • Options
    I think the reason why they didn't really react to the train is because they have already played in the world and they know it does nothing so they didn't want to get people hyped with fake speculation when they all already know it's just decor.

LOL probably so
  • Options
    KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    So why is this such a secret?

Lol why can't the guru's just say that these game changers have helped with building houses? This is why me and many others are thinking it's so much more than what it is.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • Options
    Khrisstyne wrote: »

Lol why can't the guru's just say that these game changers have helped with building houses? This is why me and many others are thinking it's so much more than what it is.

LOL yeah that is why I was thinking it was more than building. I don't understand keeping a house build a secret LOL
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    Khrisstyne wrote: »

for real they need to stop with these "build mode secrets" cause i swear everytime i have to wait for those i just start thinking of million items they could have put in but they didn't and be like : (
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    Definitely building.

I think the train is just for set dressing like the boats in Brindleton Bay. We'll be able to click on the train station (which is just a shell) and then the loading screen will come up.
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited October 2020
    I'd imagine that they had a hand in lot builds and households as they are all pretty know for their building and or storytelling. Maybe they even got to test it out a feature or two and help spot bugs so that it didn't end up being as buggy as EL.
  • Options

I don't think any of us need to play the pack to know that's just decor. ;)
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Most likely designing builds and households. If it is that I’m looking forward to seeing James turners and deli’s builds are as they usually build houses I like I even have one of James’s in my game. Usually I build my own or edit ea ones to my liking. I don’t know anything about simlicy and what her area is bb or cas or her style. I don’t usually like what lilsimsie builds they are too American suburban for my liking and she never seems to build anything else on her channel. I like the idea of having gamechangers build lots and create households the simproved crane one was very good in eco lifestyle.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Building. Which means Finally, a beautiful premades homes for lay people like me in building XD XD. While I can download a lot in the gallery, it is tedious if you want to start a new game.