Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Among Us Mafia (7/10)

Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
edited October 2020 in Off Topic Chat
I decided to try organizing a mafia game based on Among Us. Here is how it will work.
1. To join, you'll have to choose a color. Colors will be listed below. Each color can only be taken once.
2. Once all 10 colors are taken, the game will begin. Two players will be randomly selected as the impostors and everyone else will be a crewmate. You will get your role in a DM from me. If you're an impostor, your DM will tell you who the other impostor is.
3. The game will alternate between "tasks" and "discuss" every 24 hours.
xSongx wrote: »
UPDATED SETUP:

10 players; each person has a different color. Night start. The 2 Imposters have a private chat.

During the night, each Town member will PM the host the room they would like to be in.
The Imposters will then choose a target to kill. Whoever submits the kill will be placed in the room of their target. The other Imposter will then choose a room.

At the end of the night, everyone will be told who is in their room through a PM. On the thread, the host will say who has been killed. Players can talk on the thread and Imposters can talk in their private chat. At the end of the day, one player will be eliminated. Players can also Skip Vote. If the majority Skip Vote, nobody will be eliminated/ejected.

The cycle will begin again.

Ways to win:
Town: eliminates all imposters
Imposters: when all townmembers are dead or nothing can stop this

Extra rules:
3. Do not DM dead players to discuss with them.
4. If you're an impostor, do not rat out your teammate.
5. If you're inactive for four days in a row, you will be "disconnected".

Colors (6/10):
Red (1/1): @LeFrenchyFry
Orange (1/1): @xSongx
Yellow (0/1):
Green (0/1):
Blue (0/1):
Purple (1/1): @bellagorilla
Pink (0/1):
Brown (0/1):
Black (1/1): @DeKay
White (1/1): @Minx11
Lime (1/1): @Mouselline
Cyan (1/1): @Broncos4life

Rooms (Reduced for Simplicity):
Electrical
Navigation
O2
Storage
Comms
Cafeteria
Medbay
Reactor

This is my first time setting up a mafia game, so let me know if you have any suggestions!
Post edited by Simtown15 on

Comments

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,474 Member
    You should post a link to the game here. https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/957451/mafia-masterlist-last-updated-10-3-20#latest

I'll play but at the moment, alot of the usual regular mafia players are kinda busy so it might be a it hard to find 10 players.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
    edited October 2020
    Your task days and discuss days and "next morning" might be a tad bit confusing. Usually in mafia, the mafia gets to kill at night, and townies get to use their action (so like the task day here) but also, the first night usually is after the first "discuss day". There are a few games where the night goes first, we call it night 0. And then at the end of the "discuss day", someone will get eliminated.

Is it like that?

If so, then maybe to avoid confusion, can just rename"task day" to "task night" and just state somewhere that the game will have a at "Task Night Start" or something like that.

Do we know what the tasks are?.

Also, would be good to put how many hours day and night phases will be in real time. We usually do 24 hours for each.
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    @DeKay I was referring to it in real time. Each part lasts 24 real-life hours. I suppose I may have a Night 0 because in Among Us (which this is based on), there is no discussion until after a body is reported, unless an emergency meeting is called, but I'm leaving out emergency meetings for simplicity's sake. This is heavily-based on Among Us, so maybe watch some gameplay to get familiar with it if you aren't already. (In the game, the crewmates do tasks while the impostors try to sneakily kill them off.)
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I'm such a noob. Tbh I've never even played a mafia game on the Forums before; I just thought it would be similar enough to Among Us that my knowledge of that game could be carried over...
  • xSongxxSongx Posts: 1,562 Member
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    I'm such a noob. Tbh I've never even played a mafia game on the Forums before; I just thought it would be similar enough to Among Us that my knowledge of that game could be carried over...

You might want to try a mafia game, it's a little different. It sounds like a fun concept, but very few mafia players are playing atm so you might want to wait before trying to move forward with this one. I'd play if you get enough players right now tho
    they/he
    edited October 2020
    Mafia forum games are like a longer version of Town of Salem. I'm guessing Among Us uses the same principle but you just have to be clear and translate some of the game play stuff like the task part.

I think you just have to be clearer on what the task day is and what the discuss day is and when someone is announced dead etc, what the task are (do the tasks give any benefit to the good guys, etc), cuz not everyone here has played Among Us. Not even me.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Oh, and usually in Mafia, the mafia gets a PM chat to talk to each other. I don't know if that's a thing in that game, I'm guessing so when they have to kill someone.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    DeKay wrote: »
    Oh, and usually in Mafia, the mafia gets a PM chat to talk to each other. I don't know if that's a thing in that game, I'm guessing so when they have to kill someone.

In among us, its like a physical kill, yk? like you physically go into a room and physically stand by someone and physically murder them (well actually its online but you get what I mean) and the imposters can kill as many people as they like, where in mafia they've got a limit.

idk how to explain it lol
    they/he
    Mafia forum games are like a longer version of Town of Salem. I'm guessing Among Us uses the same principle but you just have to be clear and translate some of the game play stuff like the task part.

I think you just have to be clearer on what the task day is and what the discuss day is and when someone is announced dead etc, what the task are (do the tasks give any benefit to the good guys, etc), cuz not everyone here has played Among Us. Not even me.

I think task days are the same as mafia nights; where mafia kills and town does their actions, and discuss days are same as normal mafia days.

Basically if town completes a certain amount of "tasks" (idk how those would work in this game), then town wins. So they do benefit town.

But I don't know how realistic 25 tasks are. Say on night one, there are 8 town left alive as town eliminated an imposter. That's 8 tasks done. Then town loses 2 more (imposter kill and elimination) so 6 more. that's 14. then 4 - yeah 25 is impossible. Unless you can do multiple tasks per night?

^^ idk how clear that is lol
    they/he

In among us, its like a physical kill, yk? like you physically go into a room and physically stand by someone and physically murder them (well actually its online but you get what I mean) and the imposters can kill as many people as they like, where in mafia they've got a limit.

I mean, is there a real difference between that and the normal mafia game kinda kill, theoretically speaking? XD Like can other good guys see that the imposter kill the person or no?
    FwDXXd5.gif

I think task days are the same as mafia nights; where mafia kills and town does their actions, and discuss days are same as normal mafia days.

Basically if town completes a certain amount of "tasks" (idk how those would work in this game), then town wins. So they do benefit town.

But I don't know how realistic 25 tasks are. Say on night one, there are 8 town left alive as town eliminated an imposter. That's 8 tasks done. Then town loses 2 more (imposter kill and elimination) so 6 more. that's 14. then 4 - yeah 25 is impossible. Unless you can do multiple tasks per night?

But in Mafia, as long as town can kill both the mafia, they win straightaway. Is it not like that in Among Us if they eliminate both imposters?
    FwDXXd5.gif
    edited October 2020

I mean, is there a real difference between that and the normal mafia game kinda kill, theoretically speaking? XD Like can other good guys see that the imposter kill the person or no?

And in Mafia, we usually have one kill per night so maybe we should put a limit. I don't know. XD
    FwDXXd5.gif
    @Zinniavanilla You play the game right? Do you know how to make it a mafia friendly version maybe?
    FwDXXd5.gif

Yeah, they can.

But in Mafia, as long as town can kill both the mafia, they win straightaway. Is it not like that in Among Us if they eliminate both imposters?

Town/crewmates can also vote to eliminate the mafia/imposters.

And in Mafia, we usually have one kill per night so maybe we should put a limit. I don't know. XD

I assumed there would be a limit in this game lol, but I agree. The mechanics of killing vs discussion in among us is a bit different from in mafia, so idk.
    they/he
    Okay, maybe I might have an idea. So if you say a crewmate can see the imposter killing someone, I'm assuming they can also run away and tell another crewmate about it, right?

So if this is the case, then maybe instead of doing tasks, we could have like a selection of rooms, maybe like 5 rooms. And every so called "task day", the good crewmember (townies) pick a room they want to be in for the task day. And then the imposter chooses what color they want to kill, but can only kill one person per task day. So let's say they wanna choose to kill Red, and let's say I'm Orange and am a good guy. And Red is in room 1, and I was in room 1 on the same task day, then I will get a message from the Host before discuss day start, that the imposter killed Red? So in a sense, I'm like a cop and I go tell the others my finding when discuss day starts.

But maybe this might be super hard for imposters cuz there is like a different cop each day if they are unlucky... Or maybe we can increase the number of rooms so the chances of two good crew are not in the same room. So I maybe 10 rooms? Or maybe we can with how many players there are to begin with and then use that same number.
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member
    @Zinniavanilla You play the game right? Do you know how to make it a mafia friendly version maybe?

I play the game. I can help if needed. @Simtown15 it might help to have a co host since this is your first time being included in a mafia game. No saying it has to be me. I’d actually suggest seeing if a mafia player who doesn’t have the time to play would help because it tends to take a lot less of your time to host then it does play. I actually do have time to play and I’d like to if u don’t need my help hosting
    Mouselline wrote: »

I play the game. I can help if needed. @Simtown15 it might help to have a co host since this is your first time being included in a mafia game. No saying it has to be me. I’d actually suggest seeing if a mafia player who doesn’t have the time to play would help because it tends to take a lot less of your time to host then it does play. I actually do have time to play and I’d like to if u don’t need my help hosting

I also play among us (: I only started this weekend though lol
    they/he
    Okay, maybe I might have an idea. So if you say a crewmate can see the imposter killing someone, I'm assuming they can also run away and tell another crewmate about it, right?

So if this is the case, then maybe instead of doing tasks, we could have like a selection of rooms, maybe like 5 rooms. And every so called "task day", the good crewmember (townies) pick a room they want to be in for the task day. And then the imposter chooses what color they want to kill, but can only kill one person per task day. So let's say they wanna choose to kill Red, and let's say I'm Orange and am a good guy. And Red is in room 1, and I was in room 1 on the same task day, then I will get a message from the Host before discuss day start, that the imposter killed Red? So in a sense, I'm like a cop and I go tell the others my finding when discuss day starts.

But maybe this might be super hard for imposters cuz there is like a different cop each day if they are unlucky... Or maybe we can increase the number of rooms so the chances of two good crew are not in the same room. So I maybe 10 rooms? Or maybe we can with how many players there are to begin with and then use that same number.

But how would that help town? Like, if you were told that Red died before discuss day starts, and then town is told Red died after discuss day starts, how does that help?
    they/he

But how would that help town? Like, if you were told that Red died before discuss day starts, and then town is told Red died after discuss day starts, how does that help?

But you will know which color killed Red. So the host has to PM something like, "You saw Yellow kill Red" or maybe to make it a bit difficult maybe the host can just tell you which colors were in the room as you. Maybe? If we're going by the "difficult" version, then we have to decrease the number of rooms so more people will be in it per night and there will be a balance.
    FwDXXd5.gif

I think the host would say who the imposter is also.

There are a bit of rooms in Among Us. If we were doing that I’d assume we’d base it off of the Skeld. There’s Admin, Storage, Electrical, Shields, Lower Engine, Upper Engine, Navigation, O2, communication, weapons, medbay, security, cafeteria, and one more I forgot the name of. That’s a lot though do we’d have to take off some.
  • bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member

Yes, a crewmate can witness a death and report it--in Among Us when a crewmate finds a body there's a report button that pops up which starts the discussion and then voting which is when a player is ejected. A player (crewmate or imposter alike) can also run to the emergency button to start a discussion (the only time people can talk, or at least use the in-game chat function) if anyone is acting suspicious (i.e. stalking, venting) or for any reason at all.

I agree with what has already been said. This idea seems like fun (an Among Us themed mafia game has crossed my mind), but to make it work and run smoothly like a mafia game does, I do think it will need a few more tweaks. I'm more then willing to assist as I have both hosted and played (Among Us and mafia, lol) before, and I would be willing to play as well.

Might I claim purple? That's my colour :joy:
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!

But you will know which color killed Red. So the host has to PM something like, "You saw Yellow kill Red" or maybe to make it a bit difficult maybe the host can just tell you which colors were in the room as you. Maybe? If we're going by the "difficult" version, then we have to decrease the number of rooms so more people will be in it per night and there will be a balance.

If we just say, there was a murder in this room and ——— was in there, we could probably do like 6-7 rooms.

Yes, a crewmate can witness a death and report it--in Among Us when a crewmate finds a body there's a report button that pops up which starts the discussion and then voting which is when a player is ejected. A player (crewmate or imposter alike) can also run to the emergency button to start a discussion (the only time people can talk, or at least use the in-game chat function) if anyone is acting suspicious (i.e. stalking, venting) or for any reason at all.

I agree with what has already been said. This idea seems like fun (an Among Us themed mafia game has crossed my mind), but to make it work and run smoothly like a mafia game does, I do think it will need a few more tweaks. I'm more then willing to assist as I have both hosted and played (Among Us and mafia, lol) before, and I would be willing to play as well.

Might I claim purple? That's my colour :joy:

thats- thats- thats... my color!

lol
    they/he

Technically, there's two ways of doing it.

If we go by fewer rooms = more people, let's say Red dies and I am Orange and I get a message that Yellow, Blue and Red were in the same room as me, then I have to kinda figure out whether it's Yellow or Blue who's the imposter. And discuss this with the rest.

If we go by alot of rooms, then the chances of there having a witness is super low. But the chances of guessing who the imposter is immediately is much easier if you're a witness.
    FwDXXd5.gif

ohhh i get it. That would be a good thing to add, I think.
    they/he