Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Journey to Batuu is 50% off already...

124...Next

Comments

• FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited October 2020
    LiELF wrote: »
    Felicity wrote: »
    bixters wrote: »
    It looks like they are really trying to get people to buy this pack. Every time you try to purchase a Sims pack, a popup comes up and recommends you buy JTB as well. Just saw it in a video by Simmer Erin on Youtube:

<iframe>="http://youtu.be/xPjrvKN3igg&quot;]youtu.be/xPjrvKN3igg&lt;/iframe&gt;

Also, when I tried to purchase any random pack, this came up:

y4mNtjqdPKFpXSwtE-y_JTBQBmJgRGLY4CwvmcUrBH5MQPipUoocaEg8nOhO2vmfhj6XTSsdHiR1QbwcTNzz1sTAkV3wLAtZtj0yoiZoNz6ALHxMyHiyk_XXQfLWlVse49-tXe1uVat3a8gYR7TcvPH9gZqktY5rj-yq-R3mkz7kNLMeVlGHG63NTQb4wWBYwy3?width=1403&height=713&cropmode=none

Seems like pretty obnoxious advertising. Sales must have been pretty bad if they're pressuring you purchase this pack with anything you select.

OMGosh, I thought, "nah, that can't be," but I went and tried it and I got almost the same popup but it made it look like JtB was required. Now, it's technically not lying. The wording is "To access all content, The Sims™ 4 Star Wars™: Journey to Batuu Game Pack is also required." But wow is it skeevy. The only pack I don't own right now is that one and MFPS -- it came up when I put MFPS in my cart.

That's why it comes up, though. Because you don't have it. They're not going to push you to buy something you already have. Someone in this thread said they got a different one because they own Batuu already. That's how marketing does it's work to push people to buy what they don't have. It's not exclusive to one pack.

@LiELF If that were the case, when I put JtB in my cart, I would get the same popup regarding MFPS. I don't. When I put JtB in my cart, I go straight to the payment screen.

It only happens when I put MFPS in my cart. I checked this numerous times

Edit: removed the image of the popup because it takes away from the point really.
    Post edited by Felicity on
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    It looks like they are really trying to get people to buy this pack. Every time you try to purchase a Sims pack, a popup comes up and recommends you buy JTB as well. Just saw it in a video by Simmer Erin on Youtube:

y4mNtjqdPKFpXSwtE-y_JTBQBmJgRGLY4CwvmcUrBH5MQPipUoocaEg8nOhO2vmfhj6XTSsdHiR1QbwcTNzz1sTAkV3wLAtZtj0yoiZoNz6ALHxMyHiyk_XXQfLWlVse49-tXe1uVat3a8gYR7TcvPH9gZqktY5rj-yq-R3mkz7kNLMeVlGHG63NTQb4wWBYwy3?width=1403&height=713&cropmode=none

Seems like pretty obnoxious advertising. Sales must have been pretty bad if they're pressuring you purchase this pack with anything you select.

Knitting needles and light sabers? I can make that leap. ;)
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Marketing that desperate says this has been a very bad sales year for Sims 4. Look at what else they came out with, Batuu isn’t the only pack that turned a lot of players off.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited October 2020
    This is the popup you get if you try to buy My First Pet Stuff. Since it's different from other images I've seen of the popup, I'm wondering if someone not paying attention tossed in JtB's information onto the "Cats and Dogs required" popup.

Untitled.png
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Well, I broke down and bought it. I watch SW in real life and like it, but for me it has nothing to do with the Sims. Had it been made different and had been loosely done on Star Wars with the main thing being aliens and a new alien world where Sims could do anything and do it with any Sim, then it might have been different, even though that kind of play isn't what I play. I don't want worlds with restrictions in a game that I'm suppose to be in control of.

I did hope hope that the buy, hairs, and other stuff would be worth the buy at $10.00. For me, I think it will. I just got it yesterday and was only able to see some of the clothes and I kind of liked it a little. Some of the men's and toddlers clothes looked like something I could use. I know in the JTB trailer, the thing I noticed the most were the lights for houses. I'm not space/bot/supernaturally inclined(except for vampires), but I can see at some time in my play using the sabres, the bots, and maybe trying a go at going to Batuu. Possibly my poor sim starting out and looking everywhere for ways to make money and going there to check it out. I have Strangerville too and I have yet to try it. May give them both a go this winter when things IRL settle down for me.

• Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member

I think its funny that they are trying to say journey batu goes well with knitting.
  • JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    Nah..I’m good. Just hold that L and learn from it.
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    Even if this content was free I see myself barely using it at all lol and their costumes would take up CAS space anyway. No thanks.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited October 2020
    Yeah no thanks. I spent the 10 I could've spent on this on Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch which is currently available for only 10 on the Switch :joy:
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    I finally bought it. This was the pack that I took the longest to buy. I refused to buy this pack at full price, especially because it's more expensive than other game packs in my country. I don't like the pack but I'm a collector and I like to have every pack, plus I did like some of the Build/Buy mode objects.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Yep. I bought it on sale to give it a chance. Aaaaaaaand... it's boring.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    It's still a "no thanks" from me. :p
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1