Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Journey to Batuu is 50% off already...

Comments

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    netney52 wrote: »
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    netney52 wrote: »
    This is the first gamepack I’ve seen half price or maybe others have been and I haven’t realised. I’m not surprised I don’t have the pack and never plan to buy it and I’m not surprised it’s so cheap it’s £9 in the uk

Actually it seems to be a Halloween sale. Vampires, realm of magic, strangerville and even jungle adventure are also half price at the moment.

It is really fast for a pack to go on sale but I was one of the few who were actually waiting for star wars to go on sale so I am happy right now. :)

Ah ok I have the other packs so didn’t realise they were so cheap as well. My apologies. The other packs are very good. I can’t comment on the Star Wars pack, it doesn’t appeal to me from what I’ve seen.

Usually game packs are only 25% off so I think this is a rather rare occasion.

The occasion is, "Halloween is awesome". :tongue:
    #Team Occult
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Cool! I’ll buy it again!

bahaha

@LiELF It's very enjoyable and I haven't even done missions yet!. Yesterday I have finally seen a merman in my game. Real nice I might add.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I ordered it. lol. Not that I'll use it much but it's something my sim that completed Strangerville can do. I like 50% off.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    As it should be, lol. I still wouldn't get it even if it were 25 cents.

Packs in TS4 do not retain value. Snowy Escape will be 50% off before we know it.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Not only that but if you attempt to purchase any Sims-related stuff you are greeted with this pop-up ad for the Star Wars pack at checkout.

LsoZyho.jpg

This is no joke, this just happened to me. I was purchasing one of the stuff packs and when I tried to pay I had to go through this pop-up first.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Not only that but if you attempt to purchase any Sims-related stuff you are greeted with this pop-up ad for the Star Wars pack at checkout.

LsoZyho.jpg

This is no joke, this just happened to me. I was purchasing one of the stuff packs and when I tried to pay I had to go through this pop-up first.

yikes. Someone didn't meet their sales projection...
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I ordered it. lol. Not that I'll use it much but it's something my sim that completed Strangerville can do. I like 50% off.

My Strangerville hero is also my Batuu hero! :)

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I thought about it for a minute, but it just doesn't appeal to me. Even as someone who really wishes they could visit Black Spire Outpost in person I'm not interested in having my sims do it. Oh well, more to save for the next pack.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I really really really do not want it in my game. I've considered if I'd buy if it was only 2 bucks and I could delete the Batuu world so I could only keep build buy. But nah.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I got Cats and Dogs on sale after a month also. I had taken a break and was very happily surprised to get it 50% off. It's not that unusual.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    I simply don't want to mix universes, it could be free for all I would care. Money just has nothing to do with it.
    You're Breathtaking!
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    I almost bought it. I mean, I spend more than that on a bottle of wine. But I wouldn't go to Batuu, I think the alien outfits are gross, and while I really like the floors, I... no. I can't bring myself to buy it. There's just not enough for even a stuff pack there for me. I'd probably be annoyed if they patched it in for free. That round bar, though...
  • SimLarkSimLark Posts: 143 Member
    It can be even free, will not get it.
    I am not an English native speaker, so excuse my French :)
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    Earlier I thought I would reconsider buying JTB once it's -50%, but the timing isn't right for me. I've not played a lot lately and I think it would be silly to spend more, especially something that I don't even want that much.
    musteni wrote: »
    Earlier I thought I would reconsider buying JTB once it's -50%, but the timing isn't right for me. I've not played a lot lately and I think it would be silly to spend more, especially something that I don't even want that much.

@musteni I would even save up for the new EP, if you happen to be on a budget.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    musteni wrote: »

@musteni I would even save up for the new EP, if you happen to be on a budget.

Yes, I definitely want the new EP :) Not sure yet if I'll wait for a sale with it, but I like the idea of keeping the money for that.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member

LsoZyho.jpg

That’s coincidental, when I purchased a pack last week it suggested a pack I don’t own. That’s nothing new, hilarious it happens to be the SW pack

EA could pay to download it and I still wouldn’t.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Thanks! I had not logged in for a couple of days so I would have missed it!
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Not only that but if you attempt to purchase any Sims-related stuff you are greeted with this pop-up ad for the Star Wars pack at checkout. This is no joke, this just happened to me. I was purchasing one of the stuff packs and when I tried to pay I had to go through this pop-up first.

Has nothing to do with that specific pack.
    I encountered similar pop-ups whenever I ordered a pack in the past, whether I already own the advertised pack or not. It's nothing new.
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    The game is a bummer I have never seen a pack go on sale so fast must be a real dud.
    candy8 wrote: »
    The game is a bummer I have never seen a pack go on sale so fast must be a real dud.

Not necessarily. I believe Cats and Dogs and City Living went on sale quickly (my memory could be mistaken, it could be different EPs) but most of those have done pretty well. Just like how everyone around here assumed My First Pet flopped but it turned out to be a bestseller.

You just never really know.
    #Team Occult
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    bellagoth_ wrote: »
    it can become free i wouldn't want it in my game anyways.

Same. They could pay me and I still wouldn't install it. :D
    LiELF wrote: »

Not necessarily. I believe Cats and Dogs and City Living went on sale quickly (my memory could be mistaken, it could be different EPs) but most of those have done pretty well. Just like how everyone around here assumed My First Pet flopped but it turned out to be a bestseller.

Where do people get sale numbers from?

Sometimes SimGuru Lyndsay and Grant share general info, usually on Twitter. They don't give us exact sales numbers, but they will offer some insight. Lyndsay gave us a ranking list once on most played packs in their first year of release. The only ones I remember exactly was that Parenthood and Vampires were at the top of Game Packs.

To be honest though, I thought it was a strange way to word it. "Most played in it's first year of release". That still doesn't exactly say how the actual sales were. Tricky.
    #Team Occult

Sometimes SimGuru Lyndsay and Grant share general info, usually on Twitter. They don't give us exact sales numbers, but they will offer some insight. Lyndsay gave us a ranking list once on most played packs in their first year of release. The only ones I remember exactly was that Parenthood and Vampires were at the top of Game Packs.

To be honest though, I thought it was a strange way to word it. "Most played in it's first year of release". That still doesn't exactly say how the actual sales were. Tricky.
    #Team Occult