Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Come Laura Is Special?

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
edited October 2020 in The Sims 2
I created a Sim named her Laura, every time I use this Sim (created in Bodyshop) in any new neighborhood there is always something weird (as in perks or glitches) about her. I have used this Sim many times in different versions of a story for my neighborhoods. The newest Laura in a new neighborhood seems to never really get tired as fast as others, doesn't need much social, and never rolls many different wants, etc.

This time she already knew how to dance the moment she turned on a radio. :o Whaaaat? She never once had to suffer getting laughed at by the 'welcome wagon' and or on community lots. I have never seen any Sim in my game who already knows how to dance.

This time I made her run a cheaper clothes' store (cheap clothes racks and sparsely decorated not like the last time in a fancier shop), lol,
She got the Best of The Best with the first customer. :o He first said he was going to give her a good review, but then immediately also said he was giving her the BOTB award. She hadn't even gotten to level one yet. She had just opened the doors! Literally. lol There were only two customers in there, him and another.

I didn't display the award because well, she wasn't even level one. But the store filled up with more than five or six customers on the first day (all at one time) when normally there are only like three at a time in a new shop until you get to a little higher level. This went on all day, she had so many customers she couldn't handle it. Normally, with my other Sims they can handle the first day and don't need to hire anyone because new shops don't get a lot of traffic until they get to a higher level.

She also got to level four by the second morning. :o:/ I do mean like Bam! level 2, Bam! level 3 etc.

Her needs don't deplete like other Sims of same personality points. I only gave her three points in shyness/outgoing. I also do this a lot with other Sims but her social rarely needs filled. It's full (even at home) most of the day. I know the sell interaction raises social but her employess were doing all that since I had to hire two on the evening of the second day.
Other Sims with the same amount seem like they need as much social interactions as five or six outgoing points. Maybe they were glitched.

She also gains skills very fast....like the moment she started practicing painting. I do mean by the time she picked up the paint brush.

Using this same Sim in other neighborhoods I have played with slight changes in personality points (maybe one more point or two on social etc.) did not make her already know how to dance or gain them skills very fast. But one of them (used many time in stories in my head) somehow got glitched out I think, because she would be home at alone and start pointing and laughing at something unseen. She did that for days and days. I could never figure out why. It might have been when she laughed at visiting neighbors in the welcome wagon on the first day (maybe) but she would even go upstairs and laugh and point upstairs (lived alone). As if she was laughing at dancing Sims. That Sim had many weird things like that happen to her. I eventually moved her out of the house I had built and put her in a fresh one of that lot. But this new 'Laura' isn't even in that model of a house I built.

It seems every time I name this Sim I created in bodyshop, Laura, she has special powers, or something, lol. Or is somehow a little weirder than the rest of them. :o

She never really gets any different personality points than the rest of my Sims I rotate to play. But a lot of things that she does or happens to her doesn't really have much to do with what she seems to already know or do.

I can only half believe it's because she is a phonex in my head/story about her, and since she has lived before (in my head) she already knows stuff. lol

I never use the same Sim (move them to other hoods) so it's not that, I never move them into used houses (so it's not that) and usually they never get the same personality points ( I can never remember them anyway) if I use a Sim from bodyshop. (So it can't be that).

ETA: Her business is very hectic but she keeps getting higher levels even though Sims are complaining, throwing down bags, storming out etc.
I have played this 'Laura' several times over the last few years ( a new copy of her) but this time she is flying through stuff like she has lived before.
Other Sims on rotation are not gaining skills really fast etc.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
Post edited by Cinebar on

Comments

• Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    She sounds amazing! And she made me think of this song:

A girl with those eyes
    Could stare through the lies
    And see what your heart was saying
    Think of Laura but laugh don't cry
    I know she'd want it that way
    When you think of Laura laugh don't cry
    I know she'd want it that way
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    It's weird and amazing how the game knows things like that this is that Sim.
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    I have gotten the fast skill gains thing in Sims 2 before on some sims - never know what causes it - just figure it is a glitch that I take advantage of!
  • Options
    GuillaumeSnowGuillaumeSnow Posts: 87 Member
    edited October 2020
    Bella Goth is actually called Laura in the portuguese versions of the game, however i doubt the game gives perks based on names. My assumption is that your sim has a very specific combination of personality points that makes her stand out. 🤔
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited October 2020
    Laura is Bella Goth's name in Brazil. haha Her Strangetown "clone" is Arual.
  • Options
    Karon wrote: »
    Laura is Bella Goth's name in Brazil. haha Her Strangetown "clone" is Arual.

LOL, maybe that's why Laura already knows stuff.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Bella Goth is actually called Laura in the portuguese versions of the game, however i doubt the game gives perks based on names. My assumption is that your sim has a very specific combination of personality points that makes her stand out. 🤔

I will have to go back and look at her astrological sign, I do remember Capricorns say they are very clever, no other sign says that, but I was thinking she was a Cancer which says they are very changeable, even not in a good way. I'm not sure which sign I gave her by her personality points.