Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim Gurus on Twitter #2

DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
edited March 6 in Nominated Threads
Since the other thread was getting kind of full and there is a new person posting the tweets now (me), it seemed to be time for a new thread. I noticed I've been doing things differently from the previous poster. I also post the gurus' personal tweets and responses. I'd like to have some feedback on that. Should I continue doing that? And should I also keep posting their retweets, which mostly include TS4 builds and sims, in spoiler tags? Or should I stick with strictly game-related tweets, no retweets? Gurus also sometimes post their own crafts and handiwork related to the sims, would you still want to see those? Let me know!

@EA_Leeloo The previous thread is set as an 'announcement' on the General Discussions board, could it be swapped for this one, please?
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• PhillipaErdnussPhillipaErdnuss Posts: 74 Member
    I would like you to continue like you did in the past! Really enjoyed this thread! I also found the personal tweets nice.
    Really appreciate the effort you put into this ❤️
    Phillipa Erdnuss
    Mayoress of SimCity and all associated districts
    Let this cart-button disappear!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,836 Member
    I do enjoy the personal tweets. I never included them though because the Gurus can be very chatty. 😄
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    edited October 2020
    I personally don't care for the personal tweets, it's a little distracting to me to have to scroll thru just to find any information I'm hoping to see, plus I don't know them personally so what they're doing in their life is of no relevance to me, I'm only interested in any TS4 updates.

Would it help if I put anything unrelated to TS4 in spoiler tags? So you know you never have to click those if you're uninterested in their personal lives. And does that also include retweets relating to TS4 builds and sims? Basically, what is the information you're hoping to see? Are sims-related jokes they post included in that or does that veer more towards the personal side? It's a fine balance. 😅
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    Duvelina wrote: »
    I personally don't care for the personal tweets, it's a little distracting to me to have to scroll thru just to find any information I'm hoping to see, plus I don't know them personally so what they're doing in their life is of no relevance to me, I'm only interested in any TS4 updates.

Would it help if I put anything unrelated to TS4 in spoiler tags? So you know you never have to click those if you're uninterested in their personal lives. And does that also include retweets relating to TS4 builds and sims? Basically, what is the information you're hoping to see? Are sims-related jokes they post included in that or does that veer more towards the personal side? It's a fine balance. 😅

Putting the personal ones in spoilers would work. I notice that you do that on some like the retweets of builds. I happen to like you include those. I have discovered fantastic new builders that way. I don't always have time for twitter. This is a quick way of catching up.
    thank you for the hard work.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
    verlainem wrote: »

Putting the personal ones in spoilers would work. I notice that you do that on some like the retweets of builds. I happen to like you include those. I have discovered fantastic new builders that way. I don't always have time for twitter. This is a quick way of catching up.
    thank you for the hard work.

Thank you for telling me! I'll go back to putting in bold what's in the spoiler tags, so you know whether it's a retweet or something personal.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Yes I much prefer them being in spoilers, that way I can choose to look or not, anything Sim related is all I'm interested in, I don't really care about builds either because there's just a ton of them retweeted, but others like it, so I'm ok with that too. I personally am just interested in anything that could be a hint or information regarding bugs or upcoming content. I do follow some gurus on twitter but some I don't because I don't know them all, and on twitter it is sometimes really hard to scroll thru to actually find relevant information between all of the other posts, so I like that all of the tweets are here and I can look to see if I missed anything.
    Yes I much prefer them being in spoilers, that way I can choose to look or not, anything Sim related is all I'm interested in, I don't really care about builds either because there's just a ton of them retweeted, but others like it, so I'm ok with that too. I personally am just interested in anything that could be a hint or information regarding bugs or upcoming content. I do follow some gurus on twitter but some I don't because I don't know them all, and on twitter it is sometimes really hard to scroll thru to actually find relevant information between all of the other posts, so I like that all of the tweets are here and I can look to see if I missed anything.

Great! Thank you for your input. 🙂
  • ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    I really appreciate you doing this @Duvelina . Personally I’m only interested in the tweets about the game and not the personal stuff. As for the retweets of builds, I do appreciate those as well but as someone else mentioned, there are a lot. I wonder if any idea could be to split those into a separate thread? Having them in spoiler tags works but the thread gets really heavy when there are a lot of retweets. I had to stop following the original thread as it simply got to heavy to load, even with the spoiler tags. Anyhow, anything you decide to do is appreciated
    ImSands wrote: »
    I really appreciate you doing this @Duvelina . Personally I’m only interested in the tweets about the game and not the personal stuff. As for the retweets of builds, I do appreciate those as well but as someone else mentioned, there are a lot. I wonder if any idea could be to split those into a separate thread? Having them in spoiler tags works but the thread gets really heavy when there are a lot of retweets. I had to stop following the original thread as it simply got to heavy to load, even with the spoiler tags. Anyhow, anything you decide to do is appreciated

That was my mistake! I posted too many pictures on one page which made the pages take forever to load. If I split things up more into multiple different posts there should be less tweets on one page which makes the pages load faster. The pages load separately and it doesn't load the whole thread at once. As soon as it starts to slow down regardless, I'll look into opening a different thread!
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    @Duvelina Done! :) Thanks for keeping everyone informed, especially those who are not on Twitter! :heart:
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Picture of a creepy room build (retweet)

How did they do the skeletons?
    edited October 2020
    Picture of a creepy room build (retweet)

How did they do the skeletons?

It's CC! You can find it here.
  • Bearly_MediaBearly_Media Posts: 124 Member
    Regarding personal tweets & responses:

Just my personal opinion/experience; but I remember back in day, I would get excited any time there was a new post in the 'Sim Gurus on Twitter' thread, because it usually meant there was new official info or announcements about the game. It was always rewarding to check the thread and see the latest news.

Now the thread is 95% posts about a SimGuru's food, pet or idle thoughts unrelated to the game.

So I'm excited when I see a new post nowadays.

That's just one opinion though. I do like when they retweet builds sometimes. I've downloaded lots for my game because I saw them retweeted here.
    edited October 2020
    Lionflash wrote: »

Just my personal opinion/experience; but I remember back in day, I would get excited any time there was a new post in the 'Sim Gurus on Twitter' thread, because it usually meant there was new official info or announcements about the game. It was always rewarding to check the thread and see the latest news.

Now the thread is 95% posts about a SimGuru's food, pet or idle thoughts unrelated to the game.

That's just one opinion though. I do like when they retweet builds sometimes. I've downloaded lots for my game because I saw them retweeted here.

It's a good point! I want to do something with it, but people have also expressed how they like everything or just the retweets. It feels silly to make a separate thread for personal thoughts and retweets though. I can imagine some people like having it all in one place. If something is not in spoiler tags now, it'll be some useful info though so if you only see spoiler tags, you could basically leave the thread. I don't think that requires much effort unless you have a super slow internet connection.

Would a separate thread for retweets and such be a good idea? It might put a damper on the expectations, but you still like some of the builds, so I think it's pretty hard to make a decision here. This thread would be utilized far less, obviously.
  • Bearly_MediaBearly_Media Posts: 124 Member
    It's a good point! I want to do something with it, but people have also expressed how they like everything or just the retweets. It feels silly to make a separate thread for personal thoughts and retweets though. I can imagine some people like having it all in one place. If something is not in spoiler tags now, it'll be some useful info though so if you only see spoiler tags, you could basically leave the thread. I don't think that requires much effort unless you have a super slow internet connection.

Would a separate thread for retweets and such be a good idea? It might put a damper on the expectations, but you still like some of the builds, so I think it's pretty hard to make a decision here. This thread would be utilized far less, obviously.

Honestly keeping it all together, in one comprehensive place, works just fine. It just requires a bit more sifting to find the things I'm personally looking for, but as I said, it's subjective. You're doing great work.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member

IMHO - I think a separate thread for game related tweets and one for non-game related makes a lot of sense. I don't need to know about their personal lives and what they eat - that should be under the Off-Topic section anyway.

Also, it might make the game related one less congested and therefore easier to scroll through.

IMHO - I think a separate thread for game related tweets and one for non-game related makes a lot of sense. I don't need to know about their personal lives and what they eat - that should be under the Off-Topic section anyway.

Also, it might make the game related one less congested and therefore easier to scroll through.

It's all going to be underneath spoilers so nothing hard to scroll through, with less pictures in one post. I don't want to make a separate thread for tweets just about their life. It would be in combination with the retweets which makes it on-topic. Besides, leaving the retweets in here leaves the same amount of scrolling to do.

Thanks for your input, but I'm going to stick to what most of the others have said for now.
  • quinhobpquinhobp Posts: 220 Member
    Thank you for the amazing work 👏👏.
  • ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    Thanks again @Duvelina! I didn’t realize that you found a way to solve the thread loading slowly problem. In that case, as far as I’m concerned, keep doing what you’re doing. I’ll be following these threads again very happily. :#
    Thanks everyone! I have to say, I like the interaction going on here too so whenever you have questions or you want me to ask one of the gurus something, I can go and do that for sure. Feel free to message me or jump in.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top