Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where in the World is the Building Challenge

TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member

This is a test. This is only a test

Due to the Homes of Literature Challenge being quashed by a lack of interest (I weep) I am looking to see if there is any interest in a Monthly regional based Home Building Challenge.

Each month, I will pick a State or a Region of a certain Country and issue a build challenge. (I'll probably run U.S States a lot, but I will throw others in the mix, especially with the new pack coming out and knowing what we have for build items now)

If there is some interest, let me know, and I will get it set up to go.

Comments

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,955 Member
    edited October 2020
    you mean like make any homes in style of region? and you post region each month?

love the idea :hushed::heart:

though I do not know much of States and America in general so I'll be relying on google I guess :sweat_smile:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    That is the general idea!

I searched [State} styled home floor plans for a couple of states, and found bunches of examples. Should be fairly easy. Some countries will be tough.
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I liked your literature challenge, I'm sorry I did not enter it though. I like this idea too, although I am a little confused how I will interpret the region theme, and also I don't know enough about US; but it sounds fun nonetheless.
    I liked your literature challenge, I'm sorry I did not enter it though. I like this idea too, although I am a little confused how I will interpret the region theme, and also I don't know enough about US; but it sounds fun nonetheless.

I would be running an RNG for country and then for region, where applicable. In Google, if you type, say if it was Tennessee, USA, "Tennessee Home Style Homes Floor Plans", there are a lot of architects and plan holders, who categorize by US State, as well as architectural style. Many in different states will be the same, but some areas have vastly different styles and/or features that would not find elsewhere.

Google would be your friend.
    I find quoting unnecessary, thank you for not doing it. I'm sorry if it sounded like a question, it wasn’t; but thank you for trying to help. I hope your challenge will take off.
    I find quoting unnecessary, thank you for not doing it. I'm sorry if it sounded like a question, it wasn’t; but thank you for trying to help. I hope your challenge will take off.

Huh?
    I mean, I hope your challenge will start, so that I will get a chance to build something for it.
  • meowcatmeowkittymeowcatmeowkitty Posts: 85 Member
    I like this idea. I like to try and do international builds anyway, so this is up my alley
    I build stuff and I'm always open for constructive criticism, so feel free to do that
  • QueenV815QueenV815 Posts: 163 Member
    I'm definitely interested, especially if you'll include some international prompts!
    Take a trip over to my Showcase thread to see some of my favorite builds I've done: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/984788/queenv815-builds#latest :smiley:
    I'm going to start this on the 1st. I have an RNG set up for every country and a smaller one, when there are regional differences in architecture in that country. I'll Google some Realtor and other links and post them, with some examples, to get people jump started on ideas, for places that are not all that obvious.

This should be fun.
  • LilweenjLilweenj Posts: 34 Member
    Hi! Just seeing this now, is this actually happening? If so I'd love to take part!