Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    Well, Gucci teams up with a modder, not the developers, to be clear. Very impressive of thegrimcookies!
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    Ugh. I have Eco, and even still, I don't do anything off-grid
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    The collection is fabulous! Not just for off the grid.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Well I'm not interested in CC but still that's impressive. Gotta wonder if someone places this game in Jane Fonda's or some of the higher ups in Gucci's inner circle.
    egTcBMc.png
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    I like the below ankle sneakers and the yellow shoulder bag. So bright and cheerful.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I'm not big on Gucci but the collection is certainly impressive.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    This kind of reminds me of those brands making content for Animal Crossing.
  • BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    I don't mind this and it's cool but this seems strange to me from a legal pov. I'm guessing he's not getting paid at all and Gucci just said it was okay for him to make CC using their brand name? This is super confusing to me on how EA would feel about a company choosing to collaborate with a modder of the community rather than EA itself?
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I don't mind this and it's cool but this seems strange to me from a legal pov. I'm guessing he's not getting paid at all and Gucci just said it was okay for him to make CC using their brand name? This is super confusing to me on how EA would feel about a company choosing to collaborate with a modder of the community rather than EA itself?

They no doubt a lot of money to use Moschino, and figured Gucci is more $$, they didn’t find it cost effective

They no doubt a lot of money to use Moschino, and figured Gucci is more $$, they didn’t find it cost effective

EA should be paid to put other brands in the game not the other way around. Modders do it for free anyway, so there is a market for that, while most people shun advertisements, simmers love new content for their games.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited October 2020
    Not a fan of the set tbh it looks very alpha and doesn't really fit with the game, confused why such a big brand would chose to collaborate with such small content creators rather than the actual devs. Surely if they wanted their stuff in game they'd do a Disney or a MAC and get their stuff put in the base game like the free star wars clothing set so everyone has to put up with it
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

EA should be paid to put other brands in the game not the other way around
    Copyrights and trademarks don’t work that way
    crocobaura wrote: »

EA should be paid to put other brands in the game not the other way around
    Copyrights and trademarks don’t work that way

They don't have to put other brands in the game.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Don't like gucci - not my style
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Not a fan of the set tbh it looks very alpha and doesn't really fit with the game, confused why such a big brand would chose to collaborate with such small content creators rather than the actual devs. Surely if they wanted their stuff in game they'd do a Disney or a MAC and get their stuff put in the base game like the free star wars clothing set so everyone has to put up with it

Maybe because @thegrimcookies is a pretty good CC maker, although I might have gone with Sentate as that is more his style. Honestly some creators are so much better than the EA team
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,946 Member
    edited October 2020
    Did I eat wrong mushrooms or what
    why would anyone bother with gucci in the sims and then its cc what?? like this was not brought to us by greedy ea? no???

wow. puzzled. truly.
    also gucci is ugly anyway
    and the cc looks mighty alpha so naw can't say I'm a fan personally sorry :sweat_smile:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Did I eat wrong mushrooms or what
    why would anyone bother with gucci in the sims and then its cc what like this was not brought to us by greedy ea? what?

wow. puzzled. truly.
    also gucci is ugly anyway
    and the cc looks mighty alpha so naw can't say I'm a fan personally sorry :sweat_smile:

Nothing to be sorry about. Different strokes for different folk. 😊
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    If Jane Fonda had anything to do with it, I don't want it.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/

I wondered who'd be the first to mention Jane Fonda. I was hoping no one since political discussions aren't allowed.
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    Moschino Is shaking in their boots
  • MoonSimmer1MoonSimmer1 Posts: 24 Member
    Well, that's interesting... I wasn't expecting that. 😂

I wondered who'd be the first to mention Jane Fonda. I was hoping no one since political discussions aren't allowed.

I don't like her either, but it has nothing to do with the discussions you mentioned. It's her acting.