Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 players - is the Sims the only video game you play on PC?

TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
With Snowy Escape release date within the same week as Assassins Creed Valhalla and Cyberpunk 2077 a week later, I suspect that EA doesn't see this as an issue with many Sims players loyal only to playing the Sims. I think?

I know a few sim players irl that literally just play the Sims 4/3/2 on PC and no other games and thats totally cool!

However this made me wonder, how many of you literally just play the Sims games and not much else on PC or console?

So?

*This option was meant to read: I stick to a handful of core games (such as Sims and among a few others)
Post edited by TOLKIEN on

Sims 4 players - is the Sims the only video game you play on PC? 232 votes

I only play and follow the Sims games
18% 42 votes
I mostly play the Sims, but play other games occassionally too
24% 56 votes
I play lots of games, depends on my mood and what I feel like playing today.
42% 98 votes
I stick to a handful of core games (such as Sims and Among
12% 29 votes
I don't play other games, but do I watch people play them on twitch, ect.
0% 0 votes
Other (explain)
3% 7 votes

Comments

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Does Roll20 count as playing games on PC? :wink: I do most of my RPG planning on a PC, but I don't think that's the kind of gaming you're talking about.
  • TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Does Roll20 count as playing games on PC? :wink: I do most of my RPG planning on a PC, but I don't think that's the kind of gaming you're talking about.

I reworded the topic question to refer to video games.
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Sims? Sims.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    edited October 2020
    I also play Planet Zoo occasionally.

I also play RDR2 on Xbox and Animal Crossing on Switch.
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member
    I only have one game, and it's TS4. I don't even own a console
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    I used to play whatever I could get my hands on, nowadays I stick to a few games a time and often replay older titles (most recently Shadowrun Returns and Fire Emblem GB/3DS).

Cyberpunk 2077 is such a tasty carrot dangling there, but I prefer turn base combat, so it might get moved into early 2021.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    TOLKIEN wrote: »
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

I reworded the topic question to refer to video games.

I figured. I was being silly. I've been gaming for a long time, but not a lot of it has been of the video variety. (I mean, I did have an Atari 2600 back in the day, and a fair few games for my C64, and I was pretty decent at Q-bert at the arcade...) What games I do play on PC are usually The Sims, and occasionally Planet Zoo.
  • FlapFlap Posts: 200 Member
    I play often both The Sims 4 and Civilization 6 on PC. On Xbox I play a lot of other games (I prefer so much controllers than mouse and keyboard... I guess it's cause I'm bit lazy :b )
  • silentcyborgsilentcyborg Posts: 210 Member
    The sims 3/4 (mostly 3) are the core games I keep on my computer and play regularly. I play semi-regularly continually updating games eg. stardew valley, my time in portia and minecraft and will re-install them when a new update drops.

I also play single player games semi-regularly, but have a real problem with finishing them. I'm currently halfway through the witcher 3, tomb raider, mea, assassins creed 2, dos and maaany more. I enjoy playing but after a while I find myself going back to s3/4 to take a break and then just leave them... I really want to know what happens in some of them though!
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited October 2020
    I like to play other games, I like Action and Adventure, Shooters and also racing games. I'm looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077 but I don't see any reason why I can't buy the next EP as well.

I have a bad habit of buying games and not play them for very long though so I try to limit myself. I often settle for just watching other people play those games on twitch while sims4 is running on my other monitor.

I also spend a lot of time taking screenshots instead of playing those games, so playing them takes much longer for me.
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    edited October 2020
    My main PC game is an MMO. I play that one every day. The Sims 4 is one of three side games that I play regularly on my computer.
  • quinhobpquinhobp Posts: 220 Member
    I like the Assassin's Creed series (Kassanda, Bayek and Ezio <3), and Skyrim too.
  • HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    Oh heck no. Sims 4 is the most casual thing I play. I regularly play FFXIV and have gotten massively into Hades.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I played AC Origins, Oddysey, Death Stranding, Wolfenstein series, Fallout 4, Horizon Zero Dawn, TLOU, Guild Wars 2 and soon will be playing Cyberpunk once its released (already pre-ordered)

I also have PS4 to play the exclusives.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited October 2020
    With work and life, I make time for only playing the Sims 4.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited October 2020
    I only play PC games. Sims 4 is my favorite, but I also play Stardew Valley, Two Point Hospital, Plague Inc Evolved, Minecraft and Slime Rancher. I have phases when I play one of these other games, but after the phase I may not play them in months. Recently I've only played Sims because I haven't had time for other games.
  • simesmerizedsimesmerized Posts: 202 Member
    I don't really play much of anything lol due to time. I play Sims, Minecraft, Terarria, Stardew Valley, and some other games that are one shot sort of things. But I don't get much time to play any of them. I'll quit playing any one thing for months on end and then come back to it.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited October 2020
    I only really play sims and its spinoffs ._.

Sometimes I try to find out about other games but honestly I just can't seem to find anything I really like to point of buying it

like i might think "oh nice " but then i will also think " i could get that one sims pack if i didnt buy this tho" and move on cause im not actually that into the other game

the main issue for me is that I don't like slaughtering creatures or shooting things or random creatures suddenly jumping at me but i love fantasy

and i don't like over simplified but i like simulation

and I like story but i don't like playing a hero

+ I also don't like when game requires other people online to be fun to play i prefer offline

basically i want games to feel like reading a good book or watching awesome tv series or writing a story but being character in it with choice over every little thing but thats just not a thing tbh and sims is as close as i get

i play some story related games sometimes on phone but i also get sick of those because of the hecking "you are our hero" bs or the overall phone game bs like waiting for energy to do mundane tasks or dumb time limits
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited October 2020
    These days I find that I enjoy playing chill relaxing games the most so I only I really play the Sims and Animal Crossing lately. I used to enjoy playing MMO games like World of Warcraft but I’ve grown a lot more anti social over the last year or two and I no longer enjoy being forced to group with people in order to make progress in games. I’m much happier just doing my own thing.
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    I mostly play the sims. But that will change once I get my hands on a nintendo switch.

Probably.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    Sims, World of Warcraft, Skyrim SE, Dragon Age Inquisition, Age of Empires, Stardew Valley, Assassins Creed and Neverwinter.
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    quinhobp wrote: »
    I like the Assassin's Creed series (Kassanda, Bayek and Ezio <3), and Skyrim too.

Connor is my fave Assassin closely followed by Shay 🙂
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    edited October 2020
    I mostly play strategy games, RPGs, and visual novels on the PC. Current favorites are Crusader Kings III, Civilization VI, and Final Fantasy XIV.

I also have a Switch for Nintendo titles, JRPGs, and more VN.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I play a number of games and get others (usually on sale if possible if they interest me). I do have some core games though so maybe I should have chosen that? They are the ones I let "rest" for awhile but play again when the mood hits: Skyrim, Oblivion, Minecraft, Stardew... I've played some multiplayer with friends too.. Star Wars: The Old Republic and ARK .. although that last was murder on my PC. I'm waiting for Rising World to be replaced with the new version. Then there are the basically one shot games I get on Steam... sometimes I play through them or with them more than once.. but not usually.
    I'm considering some other games but I'm entertained so no need to spend the money.
    egTcBMc.png
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    Sims, Wow and previously other MMO's, a metric ton of games on Steam and GOG and a couple relaxing, simple puzzle (jigsaws mostly) games on FB Gameroom.