Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are your thoughts on the complaining?

12345679...Next

Comments

• PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    edited November 2020
    What i lack is feedback, evryones game seems to crash right now because of the latest pack, and there is no info from EA. What is happening and what are they doing about it?
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Peral wrote: »
    What i lack is feedback, evryones game seems to crash right now because of the latest pack, and there is no info from EA. What is happening and what are they doing about it?

In addition to that, EA responded by saying it'll be fixed sometime next week. Really?? A gamebreaking bug, and it'll be fixed sometime next week?
    How much are they paying their testers? Are they not a AAA gaming company with plenty of resources?
    And I hear some people on here saying that they're still playing with the game crashing! Really, how ridiculous can they be. You'd prefer to keep playing a game that keeps crashing on you every five minutes?

Can I please start a thread called "What are your thoughts on the EA apologists?"
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    bixters wrote: »

In addition to that, EA responded by saying it'll be fixed sometime next week. Really?? A gamebreaking bug, and it'll be fixed sometime next week?
    How much are they paying their testers? Are they not a AAA gaming company with plenty of resources?
    And I hear some people on here saying that they're still playing with the game crashing! Really, how ridiculous can they be. You'd prefer to keep playing a game that keeps crashing on you every five minutes?

Can I please start a thread called "What are your thoughts on the EA apologists?"

it feels like ea is laughing at their players
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited November 2020

Everyone's experiences will not be the same. I've had 3 crashes and one freeze. In about 6 hours of gameplay. So yeah, I'll keep playing. But I do sympathize with anyone who can only play for a few minutes. I know that's rough, because I remember having a similar issue with Sims 3. It's nerve-wracking.

Let's not forget, though, that there is a workaround that lets you play without crashing.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    When I complain I complain because of things that should be there in the game or are broken in the game. It's ok to want the best possible game for the little they often give us. It's ok to want more diversity. It's ok to want sliders, decent skintones, more non-European presets that don't look so stereotypical. It's ok to want diversity that makes all inclusive.

I believe that when we complain it's not us wanting to be negative and ruin somebody's "safe space" and "trigger" anybody here. It's in hope that a multi-million dollar company that makes something designed to destress us and be fun does that. I don't hate the Sims Team at all. I don't hate the developers. I hate that EA is a greedy corporation not giving the developers the time and resources to create amazing games I believe they are capable of.

We want to play complete games. We want to have games that don't crash after an update. We want a game that will load after an update. I want occults to not be broken when an update is done. I want non-occult sims to not be broken after an update.

Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Bluelle wrote: »
    Let's not forget that "complaining" is what led us to get more skintones. Which is, you know, kind of a big deal to a lot of people.
    And toddlers. And pools. And basements. And ghosts.

And surfin santa lamp, and the sandman, and thong lights....
    I am totally taking credit the blame for complaining about the lack of Aussie themed things.
    Though, they completely misunderstood the sandman.
    A73335c.jpg

Please do!
    I need somewhere to complain about those who are satisfied with vapid stepford wife sims

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • SomeChick1SomeChick1 Posts: 535 Member
    I always preface by saying Sims 4 is my first/last Sims game. I never played any other Sims versions so I don't have the same expectations as other players but I truly don't understand most of the complaints. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Why do players think they can demand things and get angry because the developers because they don't make the game you want? HOWEVER, I do complain about the bugs and I think I have a right to. I had no issues with My first pet stuff or Batuu. I just didn't buy them. But I get angry that the things I actually pay for don't work. And the developers just don't bother fixing them.
  • DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    edited November 2020
    SomeChick1 wrote: »
    I always preface by saying Sims 4 is my first/last Sims game. I never played any other Sims versions so I don't have the same expectations as other players but I truly don't understand most of the complaints. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Why do players think they can demand things and get angry because the developers because they don't make the game you want? HOWEVER, I do complain about the bugs and I think I have a right to. I had no issues with My first pet stuff or Batuu. I just didn't buy them. But I get angry that the things I actually pay for don't work. And the developers just don't bother fixing them.

and so does the lionshare of people complaining: we paid full price for a broken product!. and yeah check the amount of content you would get if you bought a 40$ expansion pack in the sims 3 and compare it to what they call an expansion pack in the sims 4 and you'll get why the majority of players are annoyed with the way the series is going just because of greedy EA CEOs. just to goive you an idea: the sims 3 is cheaper to buy with all it's extra packs and it is a LOT richer in actual content than the sims 4 with all of it's packs. alrighty, another one: vacations: in TS 3 you would only need world adventures for 40$ and get 3 big vacation areas (France, China and Egypt based worlds) with plenty of stuff to do even if you didn't care about adventuring and completing tombs. now sims 4: you would need the outdoor pack 20$ jungle adventures 20$ and the new snowy escapes 40$ to have three locations for a nice vacation. crazy about adventuring coming from ts 3? well...there is one small and incredibly easy temple in El Selvadorada... whatever do you even do in Granite falls apart from collecting useless collectables since herbalism is a useless skill: too much work for useless items. all in all you pay 80$ to even try to get to the level of content one 40$ pack in the sims 3 offered. you get the idea right?

as far as unwanted packs go i just do what you do: i just don't buy it and be done with it ^_^ actually the BEST way to send EA a message since they only care about money, so much actually that they try to defend promoting gambling ohh err "surprise mechanics" to 10 year olds....
    however i can understand people get frustrated if ea wastes time on making packs that nobody wants while they could have used that time and those resources to actually make pack people want to see but in all likelyhood the much scrutenized star wars promopack was the result of a deal struck between EA and fellow greedy company Disney
    Post edited by DanmanNefarius on
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I think the problem with a life simulation game is that most people are chasing the perfect game, making perfect-looking sims and up to their eyeballs in mods. Well, perfection doesn't exist.

It's the devs I feel sorry for as they cannot win. People complain about things they want that aren't in the game, then when they are finally added, they complain that their "perfect" game is ruined.

Already, folk are complaining about sentiments ruining their game!
  • estella_deeestella_dee Posts: 263 Member
    Why do you read on complaints thread when you said you are sick and tired? I mean just like people who say "dont like it, dont buy it" then "dont read it, if you dont like it". No one is forcing you to read those complaints those are for people to have issues with their game. Not meant for people who dont. Dont be passive-aggressive.
    Also to OP dont be a hypocrite you know very well that a thread like this could be easily turned into a heated discussion. Lol
  • Hallie22Hallie22 Posts: 64 Member
    Based on previous sims games, people have a certain expectancy of the quality, and of the gameplay. That is what they pay for. Not just for the way the game looks. And when I always have to cheat the needs up, because the sims take too long to do what I told them to do (where I never had those issues in the sims 2). Or when the game just suddenly crashes, then were not getting what we paid for. The game and it's expansions are not cheap. So I don't wan't to feel like I wasted my money on a game that has become unplayable.

Yeah... the other online games I play they have dedicated forum posts when a new DLC launches and once an issue is flagged, a hotfix is out minutes after-- latest, if it's a huge bug/glitch, is a day after. I dont understand how people still give an excuse for Maxis for their incompetence.
  • rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    Personally i feel like the complaining isn't a bad thing as long as it's constructive. That's why we got things like more skintones,toddlers etc. I think the reason most of complain at least it's the reason why i do is because we love this franchise and we want to make it as great as possible for as many players s possible. I'm not saying that everything about the sims 4 is horrible because it isn't but there still is in my opinion a LOT of things that need to be done to make it feel complete, and i'm not talking about things like cars or even improved babies. I'm talking about the personality of the sims themselves i want each sim to feel different from each other i want consequences for their actions and a little more drama. Lifestyles and sentiments is a great first step and i really like them so far but it's mot done yet as i said this was a first step and i really hope they take this further.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited November 2020
    I always like constructive feedback/complain thread like majority we see here in the forum but I'm not gonna lie and pretend that there are no unconstructive complaint thread who cant vent their frustration without insulting someone or devs.

There are unnoficial two factions like what we always see everytime there is a new pack announced, the positive and negative thread inhabitants as far as I'm concerned I don't belong in either, I complain when I need to, I post positive stuff when I have something fun to share like screenshots or game tips etc. none of those threads bothered me, though i have seen plenty from either side of factions who harrased other players just because they have different opinions, but what I noticed is that some of those users(who kept harrasing others) are those who thought they are in a positive side so I blocked them, just as I block a person from the negative side who harras devs(individual devs, not EA) without giving a constructive feedback.

If you're getting annoyed by some of the complainers feel free to block them and move on.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,186 Member
    SomeChick1 wrote: »
    Yeah, but this is the fourth interaction of the sims series.People complain because they don't like how the series running.I suggest you play the earlier games.Most complaints are because the game is shallow, and rtok many steps backwards.They are complaining because they love the franchise, and want it too improve.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited November 2020
    I just think with the complaining its valid until it starts becoming cruel or exclusive to others.

I hate the attitude of "we want ---- instead. Nobody wanted this.". It just becomes very thoughtless and exclusive. People are gonna have different playstyles and enjoy different stuff, nobody voices everyone. With JTB especially it felt very much like people were being shouted over and basically told they're less important and they shouldn't get stuff for their playstyle because other people want ---- and --- instead. It just wasn't very nice

I just think if a pack isn't for you, don't buy it. There's no reason to go around complaining that nobody wants this, because they do, you don't want this. There's quite a difference, just imagine if a pack you always wanted came out and you saw this kind of thing everywhere
  • ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    EDIT: typo

It might just be me, but is anyone just sick of the complaining that comes out of this forum? Seriously, are you guys actually shocked when we get minuscule gameplay features? I have my own problems with the game (Selling out to Disney? Why!?) but, I'm honestly just grateful we have decent parts of the game. The six different complaint threads for every released pack to date (as well as the base-game) popping up in my feed is exhausting. Maxis is probably trying to please us as best they can, and it's most likely really discouraging to have such vocal negativity around projects they've worked on. Where is the positivity on the main level of the forum?

Feel free to add your piece, or get into a light hearted debate with me on the issue of complaining.

I don't understand your feedback. I am not grateful for decent parts of a game. It's a business, if a business pulls shanagans I'm probably going to say something about a shoddy money grab and or work passed off as new. I don't have a 'feed' I just look at threads I'm interested in. Normally, I'm never in the What Happened in Your Game Today threads because the game is buggy and I no longer play it. I can't squeal over a new shelf when there are problems with older packs that keep reoccurring and or remain unfixed or come back over and over. It's funny how people look at things as if Maxis is trying to please us. I don't even understand what that means, uh, no, it's a business, Maxis is trying to make money regardless if anyone is unhappy or not, the bottom line is money always and forever. 'It's discouraging to have such vocal negativity around projects they've worked on?' What does that even mean from the perspective of a customer? You didn't work on the projects, I don't understand the codependency to defend any project others may not like, nor think is worth the money or can see reused assets. Some people can't see spending money on reused assets resold as new. I really don't understand the complaining about the complaints it's not like TS4 is some major new thing that would affect a life it's a game. If people can see the reused assets and bugs and glitches I don't understand why they must first say 'Don't get me wrong, I love TS4, but...' before they can complain. That's shows a passive aggressive personality. Like I hate this or that but I'm buying it anyway. That is the very heart of passive aggressiveness but people want to complain about anyone else who complains and call them negative. I don't owe Maxis anything, people are the reason they are still in business. Period. Different feedback is subjective but I'm not talking about subjective feedback, I find it amusing so many want to defend a game as if it's a person or country or thing that is alive. Do you go into McDonald's and say I hate your Big Mac but I'm buying it anyway..., why would anyone do that. No, you might say remove the pickle, remove the ketchup and any lettuce and I might buy it.

ETA: I am amused so many don't even realise that in the last few years of any game the heat gets turned up as the bugs increase and the engine and code becomes a mess. It's been true for all of them. It's EA's reputation to milk games forever then leave them high and dry but they add so much by the time a game ends to be replaced with a new version of it, the others have to be fixed by modders because EA and Maxis skip town and leave them hanging with buggy, unfinished games. Some here think this negativity is just directed at TS4, it's been true for every one of them. It's only the TS4 players that don't remember this of TS3 or TS2. It's way past time to retire this game for the very reasons people are complaining perhaps more than usual. It's going on seven years and bugs remain from seven years ago. And people dread patches rather than wait with joy, the things they need fixed are never fixed. It was true of TS3 and TS2 in their last waning years. Most can see the writing on the wall if they have been around for very long. And btw, it's TS4 players who are complaining and game changers it's not the people who have quit this game if you know who is still playing, it's those people (still buying) who are doing the most as of late.

Who opened the door on all this? Maxis, they said on day two or three, they had built and engine that could make people's dreams come true, even added all their dreams...people have been waiting for six years to see that happen. They gave them a chance, but those dreams haven't happened. What would anyone expect if someone says I can make all your dreams come true. Statements like that means they should deliver, tick tock, tick tock. ;)

I loved the Vampire pack (subjective) though so many were screaming how they hated it, it was fanstastic to me...didn't stop me at all from having fun with it. I don't need to belong to a clique that either likes or hates something. And neither do you. But you know what, that pack, inparticular, gets broken over and over....should anyone not say they are sick of it? It's like they own that pack but don't play it, because of bugs and have to buy a new one and hope it's not broken next week.

Do you keep taking your car back to the same garage to repair the same problem without finally losing your patience and ask what the heck have you been doing with all my money?! lol It's the same difference to me. A product is a product and I don't sugar coat anything after the upteenth time. But we always see, but I don't have that problem, so why are you complaining...or here is a mod to fix it, only to be broken with a new patch and wait on modder to also fix a fix. How long do gamers put up with this stuff.

BTW, the new pack looks fun, I'm sure people will really like it, but it's not going to stop me from pointing out reused animations and themes already in several previous packs just wraped up and resold as new.

Ok, Cinebar. :p
    I´m just going to go ahead and agree with pretty much everything you just said. Especially the bolded bits.

53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    I think its fine if it was actually constructive, but I have seen a lot of negativity (on facebook and youtube) where people just make comments on every post like "Sims 4 sucks" without explaining why they feel that way.

What really annoys me is when they make exaggerating comments and say things like "its just a ski animation" or "there's no gameplay" and I'm having a lot of fun with those packs and the gameplay is deffinetly there.

I also don't like it when they make nasty comments about people who like Sims 4 or if by liking the game they claim that you only like the game because Sims 4 must be your first Sims game. (I've played all 4 Sims games and Sims 4 is my favourite.)
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Reacting to the OP (not going through 10 pages):
    • When people are dissatisfied they complain.
    • You don't have to agree. You can even explain why you don't agree.
    • Players have multiple very founded reasons to be dissatisfied with Sims 4.
    • Complaining =/= bashing; I presume you are refering to constructive critisicm. Though at this point, more than 6 years in, everything's been said, all arguments given, so I fully understand people start skipping that part by now and just express they want the game to be over with already.
    • More than six (6) years in.
    • Which is longer than Sims 1, 2 and 3 ever lasted.
    • Why is this in Feedback, are we giving players feedback now? I thought this section was meant to give feedback on the game.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    I just think with the complaining its valid until it starts becoming cruel or exclusive to others.

I hate the attitude of "we want ---- instead. Nobody wanted this.". It just becomes very thoughtless and exclusive. People are gonna have different playstyles and enjoy different stuff, nobody voices everyone. With JTB especially it felt very much like people were being shouted over and basically told they're less important and they shouldn't get stuff for their playstyle because other people want ---- and --- instead. It just wasn't very nice

I just think if a pack isn't for you, don't buy it. There's no reason to go around complaining that nobody wants this, because they do, you don't want this. There's quite a difference, just imagine if a pack you always wanted came out and you saw this kind of thing everywhere

Yes, I've had this happen with Snowy Escape lately. I've had people tell me there's no new gameplay (in a game I'm having a lot of fun with the new gameplay) and that I've been fooled by EA into thinking it's a good pack (when it's the very theme that I have always wanted for a very long time and I really enjoy the pack) just because they don't want it. I think they're being very arrogant when they try to force their opinion on others. If they don't like the pack that's no reason to not let other people express their enjoyment of the pack.
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    edited January 2021
    I try to always stay objective, there are things that I want for Sims which were in previous games and I guess that is where the expectations come from, but I also think that complaints should be specific and constructive. I have recently watched a video about how the Sims could be better from Carl's Sims, guide and I pretty much agree with him. A lot of simmers just complain in a very vague way which will never benefit the game. But another thing is for EA to listen and respond to the complaints. Sometimes I do wish that simmer community was more united in a way how we address our problems, because I love the Sims and even despite all the issues I still have a wonderful, fun time playing the game even with its flaws. What I want is for the game to be also enjoyable for people who can't or don't want to use mods. I am still hopeful that before they will move to TS5 they will make the TS4 the best it could be, even if there won't be all the features we want.
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    I love complaining! And guess what's even better? Complaining about complaining! :D Now THAT's entertainment!
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg