Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are your thoughts on the complaining?

Comments

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited November 2020
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

Yes, if CAW cannot be done use the editing tools from Sims 2. I had an rough time with CAW in Sims 3 as I felt it had an steep learning curve but I loved other people work as they knew how to use it. they may not necessarily have to let one make new Neighborhoods but at least let one edit the neighborhood and make the lots or change it as it was done in Sims 3.
    How I felt too. I never was good at building neighborhoods with CAW tool but I admit I probably did fangirl a bit when I saw Rflong on Sims forums. I loved her worlds especially the routing fixes ones I used a lot. She's a sweetheart too when I got to know her better. Oh forgot bands is another theme I know Simmers wants too and would make a good pack. I personally want broadway/rock/jazz bands theme myself. I could see zombies or genies maybe working with that theme and it would do well as an EP. So maybe 1.5 years with themes people want still I can see being developed with all of that.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

Yes, if CAW cannot be done use the editing tools from Sims 2. I had an rough time with CAW in Sims 3 as I felt it had an steep learning curve but I loved other people work as they knew how to use it. they may not necessarily have to let one make new Neighborhoods but at least let one edit the neighborhood and make the lots or change it as it was done in Sims 3.
    How I felt too. I never was good at building neighborhoods with CAW tool but I admit I probably did fangirl a bit when I saw Rflong on Sims forums. I loved her worlds especially the routing fixes ones I used a lot. She's a sweetheart too when I got to know her better. Oh forgot bands is another theme I know Simmers wants too and would make a good pack. I personally want broadway/rock/jazz bands theme myself. I could see zombies or genies maybe working with that theme and it would do well as an EP. So maybe 1.5 years with themes people want still I can see being developed with all of that.

The CAW tool was and is frustratingly hard to master, I also use Rflong world and regret that I didn't find it sooner, her world is massive but performance is surprisingly really good.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    It might just be me, but is anyone just sick of the complaining that comes out of this forum? Seriously, are you guys actually shocked when we get minuscule gameplay features? I have my own problems with the game (Selling out to Disney? Why!?) but, I'm honestly just grateful we have decent parts of the game. The six different complaint threads for every released pack to date (as well as the base-game) popping up in my feed is exhausting. Maxis is probably trying to please us as best they can, and it's most likely really discouraging to have such vocal negativity around projects they've worked on. Where is the positivity on the main level of the forum?

Feel free to add your piece, or get into a light hearted debate with me on the issue of complaining.

EDIT: Oof. This is difficult to look at. I don't want to bruise my reputation on this forum and don't want others to get into meaningless fights about something that I posted. This was never the intention. All I wanted to do was share my own opinion, and hear others' opinions as well. It seems as though this has become Facebook in a way. A user ((I forget who) said that I should add a question to hopefully make this less of a vent, and more of a public discussion. I think that's a good idea.

So: What do you think of the complaining, negativity, and personal threats to Maxis on the forum?

It used to be a lot worse. Anyone remember when the game didn't have toddlers?
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member

Oh this would be perfect. <3
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Ravager619 wrote: »
    It might just be me, but is anyone just sick of the complaining that comes out of this forum? Seriously, are you guys actually shocked when we get minuscule gameplay features? I have my own problems with the game (Selling out to Disney? Why!?) but, I'm honestly just grateful we have decent parts of the game. The six different complaint threads for every released pack to date (as well as the base-game) popping up in my feed is exhausting. Maxis is probably trying to please us as best they can, and it's most likely really discouraging to have such vocal negativity around projects they've worked on. Where is the positivity on the main level of the forum?

Feel free to add your piece, or get into a light hearted debate with me on the issue of complaining.

EDIT: Oof. This is difficult to look at. I don't want to bruise my reputation on this forum and don't want others to get into meaningless fights about something that I posted. This was never the intention. All I wanted to do was share my own opinion, and hear others' opinions as well. It seems as though this has become Facebook in a way. A user ((I forget who) said that I should add a question to hopefully make this less of a vent, and more of a public discussion. I think that's a good idea.

So: What do you think of the complaining, negativity, and personal threats to Maxis on the forum?

It used to be a lot worse. Anyone remember when the game didn't have toddlers?

I still dont play with toddlers so my game is still at that "a lot worse" status.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

Yes, I loved Rflong work on her worlds and soon as I saw an new World I had to DL it. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    motdkmotdk Posts: 208 Member
    edited November 2020
    I hate or Extremely dislike the path that EA is taking. So, I know they can do better they just won’t. No sympathy from me about this game I didn’t pay for Novelist and Newbies to work on a game. I thought I was paying professionals to work on it. If the community Can make better things in a mod, What’s stopping this company from making better things in general. So, I will keep Complaining until I see some thing worth my money!
  • Options
    EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey there!

A quick heads-up, I removed some posts because they were pretty pointed and attacking/provoking others. That's not okay as everyone here knows after reading the forum rules:
    Don't be a troll, bait or flame. This includes deliberately trying to cause an argument by making sarcastic, off-topic, rude or disruptive posts, and discussions.

And while we are at it - I'll also share my thoughts on complaining:

Personally, I don't think complaining gets anyone anywhere and that it's undirected negativity that doesn't really state what exactly needs changing.
    But what does help (and is greatly appreciated) is providing constructive criticism - which many of you have been doing. So, please, keep the constructive criticism coming! :)
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited November 2020
    What are my thoughts?

Well for one, why are posting this in the GAME feedback section? Your post doesn't pertain to it. Second, it been better if you yourself posted something POSITIVE about the game than baiting users that do have constructive criticism to it, lol.

You're complaining about players addressing issue with the game. Okaaaay? What do you want ppl do about it? Lie? I'm genuinely wondering.

"Maxis is trying their best" — well many I can guarantee do not agree with that because why else why Ppl feel the need to reiterate over and over and over again that is wrong with that game? It's not like they do for the heck because their time how them devs are listening to us with deaf ears.

I now its tiredsome to keep seeing negativity feedback, but it's kinda the companies and studios fault for doing bad service when we ask for the game to be less 🐸🐸🐸🐸 than TS3, TS2. Fixed traits? Nah, let's make a new system called LifeStyles? Less rabbit holes? Makes them more. Cars? Boats first then Bikes. Controllable pets? Isn't Realistic, but god let's make a fictional game pack from another universe called Star Wars? Simulation lag fix? Deal with it. Better whims? Abandoned it. Dog houses? Nope ppl are horrible so you won't get it.

People wouldn't complain over these issues and 6 years reiterate because our patience isn't sturdy that long. To stop? Supply and give players over highly demanded things and we will be happy.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    morganlefayemorganlefaye Posts: 178 Member
    I think in ways people complaining about the game is a good way for the curators of Sims which to improve on or make new things. Sometimes you need to vent to others to get past what you are thinking.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I'm kind of surprised this thread is still active - is it just me or did these kinds of "let's discuss other forum users"-threads get closed down quickly in the past? Guess the mods really aren't very active on here anymore, are they?
  • Options
    LeaselmaryLeaselmary Posts: 108 Member
    I actually think complaining on forums is fine. Forums are for discussions.

But I see ppl coming to complain other places. Like... if someone posts on twitter how exited they are about the new pack it's not ok to come to this person and tell them how they are wrong to be exited. It's not cool. Even if you hate the Sims 4 it's not ok to harass other ppl over it. And coming to sims 4 channels to let they owners know how you hate their favorite game is just toxic.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    There's way too many angry negative people.
  • Options
    Hallie22Hallie22 Posts: 64 Member
    edited November 2020
    It depends what people complain about. I think some complaints are valid. If the game doesn't work properly. If no one says anything those bugs will not get fixed. But if it is about not liking a certain pack. I think you always have the option of not buying it. I don't buy every pack either.
  • Options
    sparkietothemaxsparkietothemax Posts: 131 Member
    It depends. I've seen people attacked on Twitter for being excited about the Star Wars pack which is childish. No reason to call someone names because they're excited.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Ray_Trace wrote: »
    Wait, huh? Sims 4 isn't available on the Switch. Besides, people purchase the Switch for its Nintendo exclusives mostly rather than playing it on the go (though playing it on the go is a hassle thanks to joycon drift but that's another story).

Unless...you're talking about a different Switch? I'm confused.

Also, Sims 4 still requires you own a decent gaming rig to run it anyway.

Sims 4’s minimum specs are quite.... low. Not sure where you’ve heard you need a gaming pc, but out of all of the Sims games this one has been the easiest to run.

Switch would run Sims 4 easily. It’s not on there because EA assumed the switch would flop like the WiiU and now that it’s the second best selling console this generation they’re scrambling trying to get whatever they can on it as quickly and easily as possible.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    EA_Leeloo wrote: »

Personally, I don't think complaining gets anyone anywhere and that it's undirected negativity that doesn't really state what exactly needs changing.
    But what does help (and is greatly appreciated) is providing constructive criticism - which many of you have been doing. So, please, keep the constructive criticism coming! :)

Complaints were very constructive for a long time and that still went nowhere. Hence why so many people are no longer trying to coddle the fragile egos making the decisions around there. You would be better off telling players not to complain because your company doesn’t care. At this point that’s the message that’s coming across because the endless “keep it constructive!” response to like every bit of criticism is a tad condescending.
  • Options
    DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    edited November 2020
    EA_Leeloo wrote: »

Complaints were very constructive for a long time and that still went nowhere. Hence why so many people are no longer trying to coddle the fragile egos making the decisions around there. You would be better off telling players not to complain because your company doesn’t care. At this point that’s the message that’s coming across because the endless “keep it constructive!” response to like every bit of criticism is a tad condescending.

couldn't have said it better myself really. i see so many people trying to stay positive but what is positive about truly lackluster dlc for ludacris prices?? i can get complete full games with little to no bugs for the same price -.- i already stopped buying packs for this game a long time ago because i got fed up with being ripped of. i play sims 4 sometimes but generally i prefer to just say sayonara and go back to sims 3.

just like the newest patch: game crashing and that's a first for me! goes to show it did more damage than good since the supposed newest hype, the sentiments, is yet another useless piece of fluff from what i have seen so far: all it does is give some moodlet..well whoopee XD apart from that sims still spam weather talk, the fish talk or complain about the weather or the bills. in other words, besides a moodlet that nobody cares about because it is extremely hard for sims NOT to be happy in this game it literally doesn't have any impact and is only good for storytelling..i guess since it seems to be either random or triggered by one single interaction.

i am fine with stopping my complaints, but don't expect to get another dime from me either if this is how you guys at EA want it. the only reason i bother wasting my time complaining is because i want the game to be good, but if all i get is "complaining isn't getting you anywhere" that is also fine with me ;) plenty of other games i can spend my hard earned cash on
  • Options
    DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    edited November 2020
    SERVERFRA wrote: »

that's what tends to happen if people pay hundreds of dollars/euros for a half finished product ;) a game with this amount of glitches, bugs and broken game features isn't even fit to be called a BETA game! yet they charge you as if you're paying for a fully finished, beta tested and complete game
  • Options
    BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    Let's not forget that "complaining" is what led us to get more skintones. Which is, you know, kind of a big deal to a lot of people.
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    Bluelle wrote: »
    Let's not forget that "complaining" is what led us to get more skintones. Which is, you know, kind of a big deal to a lot of people.
    And toddlers. And pools. And basements. And ghosts.
  • Options
    susannesimssusannesims Posts: 128 Member
    Oh, I agree. Though it definitely is important to address the issues, the bugs, skintone problems and lacking features to creators and discuss in the sims community. The problem is the toxic mentality in the sims community. There are always someone posting an off topic complaint about how ts2 or ts3 is better when a ts4 gains traction. Some simmers cant say one nice sentence without "balancing" it out with a snarky negative comment. "Wow, they actually X for once" "At least X is cool... still doesnt make it better than X" its a whole toxic cultural problem in the sims 4.
    I dont think this type of negativity is good for anyone. It will become a habit and lead to someone becoming pessimistic.

Something I learnt when I was little was that for every positive thought or comment you said you should have 3 positive ones for every negative one. I try to follow that so after writing something negative Ill go on reddit and compliment peoples house builds xD I think if we do that we can make the sims community more positive!
    And also, positive points should always be made first! Im not sure if this is cultural or something, but if I see a youtube review that starts with complaints I think "gosh, theyre kinda rude" automatically
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »

Which can be translated to feedback.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Some people make it into a part of their life to chronically complain or chronically defend, which results in these weird forum dynamics where certain people go after each other in a neverending capacity. Not that I would ever have been a part of any such things on internet forums. Not lil ole me.

But anyway, most of it's fine and normal, imo. It just gets messy and/or awkward when it becomes regulars going through the same motions forever, complaining about the same things and getting into the same arguments with each other. I think at a certain point, anyone daring to read feedback probably tunes that stuff out and stops listening.

But I'm not judging, unless you count judging my past self. People can post how they want and it's their lives. I just think it matters to consider your goals, maybe. What do you actually want out of it. And then what can maybe get what you want. I think the odds of somebody reading feedback you wrote and doing a change are like a roulette wheel where you don't even see the roll, so you kind of have to figure it might be wasted effort. I guess that's why some people fall back on doing it to commiserate with each other.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I always love complain about the complainers threads...LOL