Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It looks like Snowy Escapes is bringing a personality overhaul!

13...Next

Comments

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,446 Member
    What exactly does "UNLOCK new personality and relationship effects" mean? So, does that mean it's goal oriented? Our sims will have to accomplish something in order to have these effects in the game? (I know I've asked this in each thread regarding the Lifestyles and Sentiments threads, inquiring minds wanna know :P)

I imagine it has to do with how you play your Sims and what Traits you've chosen so it knows what to unlock. Instead of just randomizing a lifestyle, the system will open up options as your Sim does activities or shows certain preferences (by player guidance). Kind of the way Quirks unlock in Get Famous.

I'm just guessing of course, but I'm dying to find out more.
    #Team Occult
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    My hope is that the Lifestyles feature will be tied only to actions your sims take and choices your sims make while you are actively playing them.

For example, we're all familiar with the endless fishing discussions, and the way that suddenly every sim in town is level 10 in fishing because that's all they ever want to discuss with each other. I don't want to see those sorts of factors influencing my sims Lifestyles. Particularly as a rotational player, it's annoying enough to see my sims engaging in behaviors all over town that don't make sense for my story for them, and don't even fit the CAS traits I chose for them. I can ignore it to a certain extent now, but if those random autonomous actions start to change their hardwired personalities at a deeper level, to the point that it severely impacts them, then I'm going to be very, very unhappy.

That being said, IF the Lifestyles feature is only based on the actions taken while you are actively playing your sim-- or if there's at least some sort of toggle for it-- then I think it sounds very intriguing.

I am also a rotational player. I am very excited about this pack but I will wait for feedback before getting it. Want to see how it impacts the game, played sims and unplayed sims before I install it.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I really want better personalities in the game. Hopefully this turns out the way it sounds and not buggy like NAPs. At the same time I really don't want it to be tied to the pack.
  • scoed1227scoed1227 Posts: 145 Member
    Honestly, this is the only feature that makes this an explanation pack not a game pack. We get three skills only use in one world, likely only one neighborhood even. A activity not skill based tied to the new world (sledding), possible hiking as a new activity, a new world, and a bunch of japanese and winter build/buy and CAS items. That is barely a game pack. The only globally applicable feature revealed is lifestyles and sentiments features.

So if lifestyles and sentiments is as base game update as many are hoping (including me). Then this so called explanation pack will be as shallow if not more shallow game play wise then most game packs. It will make Island Living look loaded. So sorry guys, I think you will have to buy the pack for this feature. What else could justify calling this a explanation pack in it's feature list?

By the way it is why I plan on buying this pack. It is the only feature known that can possibly justify the $40 price tag. I am really excited for the feature.
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    I think that the lifestyles will be measured by bars. As you make certain actions these bars will increase sort of like skills. So if you do the new snow activities you will gain outdoorsy lifestyle, if you go hiking you will gain zen lifestyle etc. As you progress in this bar you will unlock new interactions, new autonomous behavior and you will enjoy or dislike some activities more. So a person who has an active lifestyle will dislike lounging all day. Maybe those lifestyles will also introduce a chemistry system for friendships for ex two sims with opposite lifestyles will have a harder time socializing. At last having a lifestyle will mean that you are more likely to experience a certain sentiment.
    Of course this is just a theory. I m curious to learn more about it. It might end up being my favorite feature in this EP.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Why do I fear the lifestyles feature will be a rehash of Parenthood and won't work as intended?
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Has anyone noticed that the new game has an extension to Spa Day & Seasons?
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I think it will be like The fame perk system. They have reused that a few times. I’m curious if it will have any major impact. Cause if it does it shouldn’t be behind a pay wall.
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    edited October 2020
    That could be really great! I would really like to try that out but want nothing to do with the rest of the pack so...I hope there is a patch version? Because I'm not getting the EP.