Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think of Snowy Escape EP?

Comments

• BastetBastet Posts: 56 Member
    Definitely not buying
    I hate snow irl, I hate winter in seasons ep, so I'm definitely not buying this one. I don't think it's a total disaster like batuu pack though, good to see many simmers looking forward to this ep :smile: Just not my cup of tea.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited October 2020
    I’ll buy it in a sale
    Bastet wrote: »
    I hate snow irl, I hate winter in seasons ep, so I'm definitely not buying this one. I don't think it's a total disaster like batuu pack though, good to see many simmers looking forward to this ep :smile: Just not my cup of tea.

I came from an State that had snowy winters and it was great the first day but after awhile pollution got to it and it was an mess and on top of that I never forgot when my hands and ears froze up and it hurt but for me it hurts more when they would thaw out and you could not just run your hands under warm water. I am glad to live in an temperate state as I also hated bundling up. I can deal with winter in an game but not in real life but as far as the game goes I rather wait for an sale. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I can’t wait!!
    I can't wait but this time i won't be able to get it anytime soon :'(
  • Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    I can’t wait!!
    It looks excellent. It looks like it's giving what Simmers have been looking for in an expansion for some time.
  • lakirelakire Posts: 75 Member
    I can’t wait!!
    Okay, I have now re-watched the trailer a few times and quite honestly the personality system is the only thing interesting to me.
    • I hate winter and winter sports (despite being Swedish and living in Sweden my whole life... or because of it? ;) ).
    • Japanese culture is very rich, but also not a culture I find personally interesting at all, to the point that I find several things about it annoying (Anime faces, the cuteness overload on mascots and the constant overuse of school uniforms rated R or not everywhere); I will simply never use any of the build or CAS items, nor will I probably ever actually have a family living in that world. (While I truly wish Selvadorada had been liveable; it's a culture I am much more interested in!).
    • That means... I will never use the sport interactions NOR the cultural actions.

Which... makes the pack very very hollow to me.
    But again, with the exception of My First Pet Stuff and Star Wars my taste seems to run the opposite of most people on these forums.
    • I hate vacation worlds and hotel mechanics.
    • I consider IL and CL two of the most essential packs ever made.
    • I LOVE LOVE LOVE Tiny Living
    • I hate Laundry and boycotted voting for it
    • I find Eco Living a far more interesting pack than Seasons

And so on.

Edit: Unfortunately it seems an essential game mechanic is behind a $49 paywall. So here we go anyway...

Kul att se att jag inte är den ända svenska här :wink:
    Själv är jag SUPER EXALTERAD!
    Kul fakta: Jag är rullstolsburen och vintern är en av mina favorit-årstider. Jag vet nog ingen i rullstol som gillar snö lika mycket som mig...(Speciellt att sitta inomhus och titta på snön utanför fönstret). Snö på jul är ett måste för mig och det har vi inte haft här där jag bor på flera år :(

I'm SUPER EXCITED for the new pack!
    Fun fact: I'm a wheelchair user and the winter is one of my favourite seasons. I think I don't know anyone in wheelchair that likes snow as much as I do...(Especially sitting inside watching the snow outside the window). Snow is a must on Christmas for me and we haven't had any snow for years here where I live :(
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    I can’t wait!!
    I'm so exited about this pack. :)
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I can’t wait!!
    I can't wait for this awesome pack.
    Looking forward to the gameplay trailer.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    It looks pretty good
    The trailer should speak volumes.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Okay / I’m not really bothered
    At this point I can take it or leave it. I wasn't really interested in it to really begin with but depending on what's coming next I may buy it just for completion purposes when it goes on sale.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    It looks pretty good
    Guess I am a little confused about this pack. Is this another world to live in or can we use it as a vacation destination without using a special mod?
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Hi @bluzkat65

The world can be used as a home world or a vacation world whatever you choose :)
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited October 2020
    I’ll buy it in a sale
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    Hi @bluzkat65

The world can be used as a home world or a vacation world whatever you choose :)

One way to look at it unlike the Star Wars pack and one good side. :) (Wait love the oriental CC)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    I can’t wait!!
    I was really excited about this pack, but all the controversy has sort of turned me off. I will likely still buy it on release, because it has things I really want, but I find myself not wanting anymore international packs. Sad, since I really wanted a Italian pack, but considering how many countries are guilty various war crimes throughout the years, I think it best Sims 4 stays in Simsville. But perfect time for some fantasy packs, bring on the fairies and werewolves.😊
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    I’ll buy it in a sale
    This looks nice but the only packs worth buying at full price on day one for me are ones that either have occult or family content in them.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    It looks pretty good
    Sheepiling wrote: »
    This looks nice but the only packs worth buying at full price on day one for me are ones that either have occult or family content in them.
    But this pack probably adds the most family play since Seasons and Parenting. Children can ski and parents can sled with their child and toddlers so this a pack where children and toddlers are not excluded from the main feature they should be able to participate in like many others.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • GalaxySimsGirlGalaxySimsGirl Posts: 172 Member
    edited October 2020
    I can’t wait!!
    This pack actually seems like it might be pretty good for updating base game too - on the interactive map it says that rental lots will be able to be placed in all residential worlds now, plus the split-level platforms and potentially Lifestyles and Sentiments!

BTW I’m not sure if any of these are 100% confirmed for base game but we can hope!
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    It looks pretty good
    If it plays like it reads and views, it might be the best pack in a while.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I can’t wait!!
    Sentiments are confirmed for base game.

All players will get the opportunity to experience Sentiments, though there will be expanded options if players opt for the DLC. Sentiments are feelings different Sims will have about shared experiences. While one Sim might reminisce on a moment with fondness, another may become sad. Now, when Sims share time together, the moments can mean more and affect their moods later on.
    https://screenrant.com/sims-4-snowy-escape-preview-snowboarding/
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • dawnmayerdawnmayer Posts: 33 Member
    I can’t wait!!
    I'm so excited as I love the Asian world :3
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I’ll buy it in a sale
    Uses way too many things from previous packs.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • TuniamTuniam Posts: 21 Member
    I can’t wait!!
    I love Asia, the new pack looks amazing. I missed winter sports a lot
    Gallery: Tuniam
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    It looks pretty good
    11 days to go and already worrying where my Sims will live... I love James' starter home but too small with a kid...
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I can’t wait!!
    mcorral wrote: »
    The idea is good, but as usually happens with TS4 I'm sure the execution will be awful.

First this should have come included in Seasons. I'm really tired of EA dividing small aspects of the same idea into different packs. We used to get much more for less in the TS3.

Second. I have to wait to see the features of the pack, but I'm pretty sure that most of the activities of this pack are just playable in this world. Again, I'm tired of these world-dependent activities. I don't want to be tied to a specific world to do things. If worlds have weather, these activities should be played in all of them... but we'll see.

Third. The world seems small. I'm also tired of small worlds where you just go, do the actions of the world and leave. I couldn't live in a world with just 5 lots (for residential and commercial lots) (it seems the part at the bottom of the image is the residential area). We'll see.

Fourth. The previous expansion pack ruined my game and it worked again thanks to mods that applied some workarounds (not a fix) for all the mess of the eco-footprint. The main bugs of the previous EP HAVEN'T BEEN FIXED yet. So, I will not spend more money until the fix the game that I already paid for.

From the interactive map that was posted, it looks to have 14 lots -- plus there's a 50x50 lot up in the mountains that got left off the map according to a Tweet from SimGuruGraham. So 15 lots which is about the same number as other recent EPs, or at least the same as blank Newcrest back in the day. And there will be a lot to do -- not just the winter sports but walking/hiking the countryside, the three new festivals, new foods, etc. I'm looking forward to sending my artists there to see what sort of paintings of the landscape they'll produce.

And who knows -- maybe there will be fixes for the bugs you're experiencing in the pre-pack patch. :)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    I can’t wait!!
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Sheepiling wrote: »
    But this pack probably adds the most family play since Seasons and Parenting. Children can ski and parents can sled with their child and toddlers so this a pack where children and toddlers are not excluded from the main feature they should be able to participate in like many others.

There's also the Festival of Youth which is specifically geared towards children/families.
    I can’t wait!!
    11 days to go and already worrying where my Sims will live... I love James' starter home but too small with a kid...

LilSimsie's looks like a possibility, but the kid has to climb upstairs to get to the bathroom. Wonder if I can add a second bathroom (even just a half bath) downstairs...