Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think of Snowy Escape EP?

Comments

• Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    Okay / I’m not really bothered
    Some stuff I've noticed before I get into my thoughts on the game. Maxis is known for looking pretty but has very shallow gameplay. It seems that every time a pack is released people get overly excited, buy the pack and then complain about how shallow the game is. I'm happy people are excited but maybe go on the side of caution and wait for gameplay if that is why you are buying the pack for. If you're a builder well you've got it made.

Now then, this pack featured quite a few animations. If your a player who has trouble with sims sitting down that new table...well let's hope that doesn't happen. I hope those sledding animations run smoothly. I hate how stiff the sims look when they throw snow balls and water balloons at each other. But as I said before I would rather wait to see how the game plays. I know even if the game play is shallow I'll still appreciate the cas and build mode but that is not all the sims should be.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Okay / I’m not really bothered
    It looks pretty good as a spot to visit. If I had not played OR, Spa Day, or CL and or saw the rock climbing animations from a stuff pack, and or saw sliding animations in a stuff pack already etc. etc. I might think it is all new. If I were new to this game and didn't have those other packs or watched the gameplay concerning them I might have been more excited. But skiing is new so there is that.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I’ll buy it in a sale
    It looks cute but I m waiting for an sale as I feel it is not something I would spend $40 on as it is all the same just an different area and with all probability is gimped. Creativity for me is still limited to how EA/Maxis wants me to play it referring to the creativity tools that do not exist.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I can’t wait!!
    At first, I was really confused as to why this was considered an EP. Snow? Mountain climbing? Zen? Long walks and bugs (the living kind)? The world and building stuff look amazing, the mountain activities, onsen etc might be fun, and I'm glad they thought of children in this one (they can at least go sliding), but the trailer made it look like a game pack. But then I read the page on EA's website talking about Lifestyles that change a sims' actions and habits and Sentiments built by sharing experiences with other sims, and I'm very intrigued. I don't want to say instantly that I'll buy it, as I'd like to see more before deciding, but I'm certainly interested. I just wish the trailer somehow made it clear that Lifestyles and Sentiments are coming. Without that information, I'm expecting a lot of people to complain before they get the whole picture.

I think the blog mentioned that kids can ski and snowboard -- which means two more ways to build Motor skill which definitely thrills me.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I can’t wait!!
    Are they joking? , Halloween is coming and they bring out a dang Winter pack!!!!, I am so not happy bout this at all nope.:(

Why do supernatural packs have to be released in October? Maybe we'll get something like Happy Haunts next June. :D Also, this is being Ireleased in November, past Halloween and just about the time people start thinking about planning ski trips and such. (In California in years when we actually get snow, the ski resorts in the Sierras often open around the time of US Thanksgiving.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    It looks pretty good
    I'm still not sure if I'm buying it not that I don't like the content its pretty much a list of things I want but my issue with this game still is the Sims having no personality or reactions to Sims or the world around them and no memories of things that happen to them.

So I guess at this point I'm waiting to see the new personality feature coming with this pack will it be game changing making Sims more unique or will all Sims start acting the same but with a new system seeing as I'm sure traits are not tied to it in anyway I'm expecting the worst hoping for the best. If I end up buying it its going to be on sale no hotel system its not worth $40 feels like another mini game where the majority of the content is in one world yet still not a vacation experience.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,547 Member
    It looks pretty good
    I should have picked the I Can't Wait box, but I also need to see and learn just a bit more. So far, it looks good, but I'm very interested in learning more about what the personality and sentiments are all about.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    It looks pretty good
    Are they joking? , Halloween is coming and they bring out a dang Winter pack!!!!, I am so not happy bout this at all nope.:(

Why do supernatural packs have to be released in October?

It's an American thing :)
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • GalaxySimsGirlGalaxySimsGirl Posts: 172 Member
    edited October 2020
    I can’t wait!!
    Rouensims wrote: »
    On the Snowy Escape quiz on the EA website, one of the questions is “How long are you staying here for?” and the options include “Just long enough”, “I live here now” and “Forever and ever”. Does this mean that we’ll be able to both live and go on holiday in the new world??

Where did you find the quiz! I’ve been searching and can’t find it.
    @Rouensims Here is the quiz!
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/quizzes/whats-your-snowy-escape

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    To be honest, it actually looks quite good. Of course, I am most interested in the personality feature. So I'll wait for more details on how that works. I truly hope it's something that will get me back in the game.
  • mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    I can’t wait!!
    It looks like such a fun pack, and the world looks beautiful. I can't wait!
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    It looks pretty good
    still hoping it has more cool stuff for the japan theme and trailer just did not do the best job at displaying it (like usual)

+i need to know more about sentiments thing

but I like what I've seen so far and honestly it is already on wishlist based on this which is a good sign
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I can’t wait!!
    I seriously can't wait for this. I want to move my sims in and live in the not snowy (year round anyway) areas. I love this sort of architecture looking forward to build/buy and the clothing options.. especially winterwear. I like the idea of finding your zen also and wonder how that might be expanded on. Also seriously happy about the kotatsu table, seating and hotpot. I'm really thinking this will knock Windenburg off it's pedestal for me. Love the idea of new foods and and more use of chopsticks.. my sims never get to San Myshuno enough for my sims to learn how to use those well. Looking forward to the hot springs too and what they showed us of that. Also the bowing and taking off shoes in the house. I just want it all right now lol.
    The winter sports look great and looking forward to actual rock climbing (not just on a machine), skiing snowboarding and sledding. They mentioned hiking and scenic bamboo forests also so it seems like a very active pack. We needed more of this type of stuff.
    Also really intrigued with the personality and sentiments and can't wait to see it in action.. although I'm kind of scared for it too. I hope I like it.
    egTcBMc.png
  • GrynnGrynn Posts: 260 Member
    It looks pretty good
    I was expecting this to be more of a Bon Voyage, I was positively surprised to discover this is actually The Sims 4's version of Hobbies.

So far everything so good.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    It looks pretty good
    The first look is pretty good. :) The world looks great, I am more excited about the mountain climbing and hiking than the snowboarding, I have the impression they really tried to incorporate Japanese culture into this neighbourhood, they even include children in the trailer,... I can't wait to find out more.

But I will still be buying it once it comes on sale. As I do with all EP's. ;)
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I can’t wait!!
    @GalaxySimsGirl Thank you! :)
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • lenorcalenorca Posts: 30 Member
    I can’t wait!!
    For the first time in a long time, I am really excited about an EP! I am so happy about the feature to put rental lots at residential worlds. I think it's nice to be able to snowboard and hike, but the esthetics is the thing that really makes this EP worth paying the price.
  • Rob_E_CoyoteRob_E_Coyote Posts: 51 Member
    I’ll buy it in a sale
    I like the look, content seems nice, just.... this seems more like a Game Pack than an Expansion Pack, and as such, it's overpriced.
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited October 2020
    I’ll buy it in a sale
    Aside from tons of recycled stuff from existing packs, I'm actually happy for the folks who wanted a winter vacation world. And I am actually not bothered about some recycled stuff as I see it as an expansion. So sims can rock climb in the gym and then when on vacation they can rock climb outside. So, I think it is a win.

I'm interested in seeing how the new sentiments and lifestyles will work. All in all these are very interesting developments. 🤗

(yes, I am still peeved about the contest results from the golden age - EA/Sims team needs to really diversify).

@TS1299 are you kinda excited 😜

@Beardedgeek people shouldn't be peeved, character for children was introduced in a game pack. I think folks need to stop expecting everything for free. People actually worked/coded and thus should be paid.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    I can’t wait!!
    I mean, let’s see what independent gameplay looks like (or at least gameplay from the honest game changers like Plumbella), but I’m super on board so far! It’s such a refreshing feeling!
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    It looks pretty good
    The trailer "looks" good but that is what the trailers are for. It will be interesting to see if playing is similar to the trailer or way off. Either way, as usual, I'll find a way to make it work, which has been more difficult in 2020 than ever before.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    It looks pretty good
    I need to see more, I'm excited for the livestream. The pack looks pretty good so far and I'm very interested to learn more about this lifestyle and personality system. The world is beautiful but except for the skiing and snowboarding, we already can do most of those activities. For people without Spa Day and the other adventure type packs, this will be all new though. The lifestyle changes will be what decides it for me if I'll buy it right away or wait on a sale.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    If it comes with... (comment)
    I'll wait for more info to have a final opinion, but so far it doesn't look good, so if I'll get it it will be on a sale. It all depends on what they do to improve the game in the patch and exactly how well they've made the features in the pack. If the personality system thingy is really in depth and doesn't have any bugs and also they give us the ability to place vacation lots and residential lots in ALL worlds, then and only then will I consider buying the pack at full price.
    So far it looks more to be a game pack than an expansion. Not much expansion going on. I like it as a game pack though, and love the Japan theme, but there's little that aren't very similar to what we've already got.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    It looks pretty good
    Have to upgrade to “Can’t Wait”. I have loved everything we have seen. Finally a mix of residential and rental lots. If we can implement this in all worlds this might be a day 1 purchase for me.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    I can’t wait!!
    Since the trailer has already 95% won me over, Im super excited. I havent been this excited for an EP since GF and Im heavily considering taking the day off work to just to play. (Although I might have to bite my tongue and play a vanilla save in case my main mods havent updated in preparation for it) My inner weeaboo has basically taken over. Yeah personality overhaul we desperately need and winter sports are cool, but all I can literally focus on is that my sims can wear yukata and go to onsens. I cannot wait for the livestream! (Though I know Im going to have to watch the replay since I know Ill be at work during it Dx )