Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think of Snowy Escape EP?

Comments

• BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    It looks pretty good
    TS1299 wrote: »
    I am going to use capslock for my excitement and this is not shouting or angry i just want to give a warning XD

THIS PACK HAS NEW PERSONALITY SYSTEM OR FEATURE THAT MATCHES ONE OF THE SURVEY OPTIONS FROM JANUARY OF THISYEARRRRRRR!! THE ONE WITH THEE SHARED EXPERIENCE THINGY WITHIN. SIMS AND ANOTHER ABOUT LIFESTYLE AND I AM HYPEDDDDDDDDDDD. Everything IS JUST A CHERRY ON TOP FOR ME 😂😂😂

And if it is pack only so you have to pay for what should have been a base game update people will be PISSSSSSED OFF.
    Btw it's the only feature in the pack I am interested in.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    It looks pretty good
    And I saw snow depth when they were walking down the mountain. Hope that means it can accumulate everywhere it snows!
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,337 Member
    I can’t wait!!
    I like everything about it!
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 441 Member
    I can’t wait!!
    I pre-ordered. This looks like it could be my favorite EP.
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,324 Member
    edited October 2020
    It looks pretty good
    As often happens with expansion packs, I have mixed feelings.

On the one hand, I am super excited about the Japanese world and ski resort theme. These are both themes I have wanted for a long time. I just about squealed at the reveal trailer. :love:

But on the other hand, I am not sure about the "lifestyles and sentiments" thing mentioned on the pack description page. Changes to the way the game works always make me apprehensive because I am not sure if I will like the change or not. There isn't always a way to turn the new system off either. For example, in Get Famous, while it is possible to turn off the fame system, for some reason they did not also make it possible to turn off the reputation system. It seems kind of random which things they give us control over and which things they don't. :worried:

But I want the world enough that I'll probably get it anyway.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    Okay / I’m not really bothered
    I'm in for the build mode stuff and maybe the new neighborhood. The winter sports seem like they might be a mild diversion (or useless if they're only available in the new world and if my toddler wants to go sledding it involves taking the family on a vacation), and we'll have to see how the personality stuff works.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I can’t wait!!
    Already preordered. <3<3<3
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • GalaxySimsGirlGalaxySimsGirl Posts: 172 Member
    I can’t wait!!
    On the Snowy Escape quiz on the EA website, one of the questions is “How long are you staying here for?” and the options include “Just long enough”, “I live here now” and “Forever and ever”. Does this mean that we’ll be able to both live and go on holiday in the new world??
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited October 2020
    I can’t wait!!
    On the Snowy Escape quiz on the EA website, one of the questions is “How long are you staying here for?” and the options include “Just long enough”, “I live here now” and “Forever and ever”. Does this mean that we’ll be able to both live and go on holiday in the new world??

It looks like it, because we can buy a holiday home there. Since it's a new lot type, maybe we can buy a second home anywhere.
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I can’t wait!!
    I went from expecting to not buy this pack to almost ready to preorder. It's been a long, LONG time since I've been this excited for a pack. I'm just waiting for the live stream, whenever that might be. They usually withhold and show off some feature in live streams that we don't know about.

Secretly, I'm hoping we have ramen/sushi bars that they didn't tell us about.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    I can’t wait!!
    I always wanted Japanese culture in TS.
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    I can’t wait!!
    I am suuuuppper excited about this pack. It's defintely one I plan on getting. At least at some point. Maybe not the day it comes out or anything, but I defintely want this pack.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited October 2020
    I can’t wait!!
    IceyJ wrote: »

It looks like it, because we can buy a holiday home there. Since it's a new lot type, maybe we can buy a second home anywhere.

Where did you read about the holiday home? I thought I read everything and I only know of residential and rental lots being in the same world.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    If it comes with... (comment)
    So far, I'm not completely convinced to buy it at full price... I'm still gonna wait and see if more features/content are gonna be revealed. Though, based on past trailers, it's likely this is all we're actually getting... at this point, the only thing that I could possibly see as redeemable is if they pull a miracle and announce that hotels will also be included in this pack. But I don't see that happening. I feel like that would be a pretty big thing to keep secret until later. It's definitely something they would've advertised already.

I just don't see a point in a "vacation" themed pack with no hotels... it makes no sense.

Honestly, I kept my expectations low, so I'm not entirely disappointed... but yeah, I knew EA would find some way to mess this up.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Are they joking? , Halloween is coming and they bring out a dang Winter pack!!!!, I am so not happy bout this at all nope.:(
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I can’t wait!!
    I can't remember being this excited for a pack since Seasons. I really love everything I have seen. Can't wait.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    I can’t wait!!
    I litterly can't wait.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    I can’t wait!!
    I was afraid it wouldn't be nice because they combined. I had wanted cabins/cabin decor/Yeti, but we can hopefully get that later. I am very happy with what I saw. I saw many things that made me happy. This is the best a pack has looked since University and maybe it looks better since there was no real teacher job nor participation like in Sims3.
  • adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    I can’t wait!!
    im so pumped for it
  • löppsilöppsi Posts: 4 New Member
    I’ll buy it in a sale
    I hope we will get some more infomations soon. It looks cool but i dont know (yet) if it will be worth the full price like always
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    Okay / I’m not really bothered
    It's okay. I actually like what I've seen so far. I wish it had been something included in Seasons for winter because I personally feel like they don't do enough when it comes to the re-released EPs to make them something worthwhile and this is exactly what I had in mind when I talked about kicking it up a notch or two, having something like this for each season, but it doesn't really matter to me anymore. On it's own, ignoring Seasons exists, it looks good.

I just... there's this nagging feeling in the back of my head. I want to believe in them so badly and believe this will be as interesting (in a good way) as it should be but for the past 6 years they've done nothing but sink below my lowest expectations. I don't trust them enough to believe they won't mess this up somehow and as always everything looks pretty but how will the gameplay be? Hopefully the gameplay wont be the other shoe dropping. Hopefully they won't somehow screw this up.

I chose the okay/not really bothered option but the not buying option also fits me because I'm not buying the pack, even if it is every good thing I can imagine it to be. If it goes well it'll increase my hopes for Sims 5 but I'm pretty exhausted of The Sims 4 era. I do hope those personality and lifestyle improvements aren't solely tied to this pack but are base game updates that actually do improve things for players and I really do hope this will be the turning point in a good direction for the rest of Sims 4.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    I can’t wait!!
    Looks amazing, I haven't been this excited about a new pack since Seasons.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    edited October 2020
    I can’t wait!!
    I’m just glad it isn’t a reality TV pack tbh...

*shudders*
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited October 2020
    It looks pretty good
    Okay, I have now re-watched the trailer a few times and quite honestly the personality system is the only thing interesting to me.
    • I hate winter and winter sports (despite being Swedish and living in Sweden my whole life... or because of it? ;) ).
    • Japanese culture is very rich, but also not a culture I find personally interesting at all, to the point that I find several things about it annoying (Anime faces, the cuteness overload on mascots and the constant overuse of school uniforms rated R or not everywhere); I will simply never use any of the build or CAS items, nor will I probably ever actually have a family living in that world. (While I truly wish Selvadorada had been liveable; it's a culture I am much more interested in!).
    • That means... I will never use the sport interactions NOR the cultural actions.

Which... makes the pack very very hollow to me.
    But again, with the exception of My First Pet Stuff and Star Wars my taste seems to run the opposite of most people on these forums.
    • I hate vacation worlds and hotel mechanics.
    • I consider IL and CL two of the most essential packs ever made.
    • I LOVE LOVE LOVE Tiny Living
    • I hate Laundry and boycotted voting for it
    • I find Eco Living a far more interesting pack than Seasons

And so on.

Edit: Unfortunately it seems an essential game mechanic is behind a $49 paywall. So here we go anyway...
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I can’t wait!!

Where did you find the quiz! I’ve been searching and can’t find it.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley: