Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snowy Escape EP 10 Teaser

Comments

• PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    Will i be able to see the trailer on the sims forum? i don't know about youtube
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    The game trailer is coming out tomorrow and already we have Simmers complaining.

Just like Real Life, ain't it! :o

Considering their past mistakes (My First Pet, Eco Lifestyle, Star Wars, etc), it's well within reason for us to complain. Especially when this one is kinda giving us deja vu to My First Pet... it's implied to include features (like snow) that have already been given to us in another pack. Knowing EA, it wouldn't be surprising if this pack requires 'Seasons' to access all features... which would officially make me NOT wanna buy it!
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    somewhsome wrote: »
    Please be a residential world! Please be a residential world! Please be a residential world! Please be...

If I just say it often enough, maybe it will come true...

Why are you all obsessed with vacation themed worlds becoming residential worlds? That was my biggest problem with Island Living and Sulani... it should've been a vacation world... and so should this one.

Because there's no such thing as vacation themed world in real life. :p people live everywhere on the planet, and what is a vacation destination for one, is a homeland for another.
    But seriously, if they'll give us ability to place rental lots anywhere, it will please everybody, and simmers will be able to turn Sulani into a beautiful vacation world.

Okay, but even in places that are famously knowing for vacationing (such as Hawaii), people living there fully acknowledge and expect to come across tourists. They acknowledge their state/country is well known to be a popular vacation spot... that's what I'm saying. I mean, in past games, the tropical worlds have generally been vacation spots. And considering the "destination" worlds we've been given so far aren't exactly what I would call a vacation, it's disappointing that we still can't have real vacations... this was something I also complained about in Sims 3 when 'World Adventures' was released... instead of creating a vacation pack, they decided it was a better idea to have "adventures". At least Island Paradise kinda came with vacation features with the 'Resort' lot type... however, since you could only live in one world at a time in that game (without mods), it was pointless.

However, I do agree with you on that last part. If they would just allow us to build hotels/motels in ALL the worlds, then it wouldn't be an issue. We could easily make places like Sulani, Windenburg, and this new one "Vacation" worlds, while the others will be left as normal. Or, if someone chooses, they could do the opposite... or whatever. But knowing EA, I honestly don't see this happening. Just like what they did with apartments... they restricted it to San Myshuno and then Evergreen Harbor when they decided to "re-release" them in another pack.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • BubblegumjonahBubblegumjonah Posts: 118 Member
    So far the reception has been way more positive than Journey to B--... Journey to Baa--... I can't even say it without gagging.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    The game trailer is coming out tomorrow and already we have Simmers complaining.

Considering their past mistakes (My First Pet, Eco Lifestyle, Star Wars, etc), it's well within reason for us to complain. Especially when this one is kinda giving us deja vu to My First Pet... it's implied to include features (like snow) that have already been given to us in another pack. Knowing EA, it wouldn't be surprising if this pack requires 'Seasons' to access all features... which would officially make me NOT wanna buy it!

wow if that happens it would be the cherry on top of this year for ts4 lmao
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    bellagoth_ wrote: »

Frost already confirmed that you don't need Seasons for this pack.

• JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    edited October 2020
    I am cautiously excited for this pack. I have been hoping for more non-American worlds so that makes me really happy :). I hope it is residential with rental options but if I had to choose, a residential world would be better as you can mod/fake going on holiday much more easily. I really dislike the idea that the more American worlds seem to be residential anything else is a destination. People live in a variety of places! If I can go back and add in hotels/rentals/anything like that to other worlds that would be great.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    bellagoth_ wrote: »

Frost already confirmed that you don't need Seasons for this pack.

cool
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Marnetti wrote: »

No hate. I just think it’s ironic how they went to people who live in areas where it doesn’t snow for help on this (Idk about Simlicy though). Kinda funny 😅

It looks on the map like there are some low-lying areas that might not get snow except during the winter months, while the mountain summit is high enough that it's snowy year-round. Besides, there's always research that can be done online. :) I'm just glad they went with good builders for at least some of the builds; I won't have to do as much remodeling this time around. :D
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I wish I knew more about Japanese Culture like I know about Ancient Chinese Culture.
    When I first saw the Japanese Mountain I immediately though of the Animated Mulan Movie, even though she was Chinese.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited October 2020
    I now know what the world is called, by a bit of detective work! B):D

Nobody else found it yet? 🙄

On the map we see it is called Summit World so lilsimsie must have worked on it some time ago before they changed it.
    Post edited by Simburian on
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Please be a residential world! Please be a residential world! Please be a residential world! Please be...

It's called winter ESCAPE. Don't get your hopes up.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Well, it seems from the screen shot @lilsimsie kindly provided, that there will be three neighborhoods with five lots each and a common mountain area to explore and "play" on as per the pictures in the hint. It appears to be a world we can live in as there are house lots (but they could be rentals). In the lower neighborhood there are two visible lot icons, a lounge and a new icon, a star, that is unknown for now. In the middle neighborhood, we can see two lot icons, warning unfinished and a bar. The upper neighborhood only shows one icon and it is unknown at this time but, IMO, appears to be of the house shaped versions of residential and tiny home, so it could, hopefully, be a hotel icon.

On the mountain, there appears to be slopes for snowboarding and sledding. To the right there appears to be a possible "state park" where our sims could explore and maybe go mountain climbing and, if we're lucky meet a Yeti.

There is a definite Asian look which I like very much.

According to SimGuruGraham several gamechangers "helped" with this pack and, based on lilsimsie's leak, also are playing it to test(?) it.

If this is the next EP, it looks promising. It is a bigger world than I feared we would get. If it has fun game play, then maybe this collaboration with people who actually play the game they create, might be the way to go from now on.

50506844446_cbb2bf583a_k.jpg
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,377 Member
    Oh man! This is one of my picks in a destination poll awhile back. I want it badly but will try and wait and see what kind of bugs will be popping up before I buy. :p
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited October 2020

Why are you all obsessed with vacation themed worlds becoming residential worlds? That was my biggest problem with Island Living and Sulani... it should've been a vacation world... and so should this one.

I would of been so disappointed if Sulani had been just a vacation world. I love having my sims live there and as it is now it's one of my most favourite worlds in the Sims 4.

What I don't understand is why some worlds can't be both a residential and a vacation world. That would of been the best scenario for Sulani and any of the other vacation worlds.

Sometimes I like my sims to live in a specific world while other times I just wish they could stay there for a few days.
    I just hope this gets the taste of Batuu out of my mouth.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    I'm so excited about this. It's the only thing I wanted on Sims 4 anymore. <3
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Ooh, I wonder if I can turn this world into Hoth to extend my Star Wars gameplay?

@LiELF
    I was thinking the same thing! 😂
    I keep looking at this lot in the mountain region that looks like some kind of forest. Could just bulldoze it and build Echo Base.

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 Great Scoundrels think alike. :p

I'm very curious to hear more about this pack. I hope there's a little more to it than a winter sports vacation. But until the trailer drops I'm not going to make any assumptions.
    #Team Occult
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    It took a minute to sink in but, wow, I'm so happy that we're getting an Asian inspired world. It's finally happening!
  • Flexono1Flexono1 Posts: 326 Member
    Well I shall once again be saving my money. Now to wait for the official complaining thread to go live :D
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I love the way you think, CAPTAIN_NXR7.
    I actually thought I was the only player that imagined the Hoth Planet from "Empire Strikes Back".
    Too Cool. B)
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    n the lower neighborhood there are two visible lot icons, a lounge and a new icon, a star, that is unknown for now.

Actually @Dannydanbo , that "star" icon represents rental lots in GF ans Selvadorada and is the icon for vacation worlds.

IF that is the case, I wonder if they are maybe opening up that lot type to us to use. That would be AWESOME. We would be able to place one in any world for rental. Like Sulani.

When I was playing, I had a generic lot in each neighbourhood that was like a bed and breakfast for my sims to travel around.
    It would be nice to have dedicated lots even in Brindleton Bay for someone who just wants a vacay, or where they want to stay a few days to collect things, or look around and check things out.

I did that because it just seemed too far-fetched to travel from San Myshuno to Windenburg on a whim for a few hours. lol

• RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Looking at the map leak I'm thinking that the lowest neighborhood looks more modern, the middle more traditional, and the upper centered around the winter/mountain sports.

I've honestly been expecting this pack since the surveys dropped earlier this year and I'm so excited it's become a real thing! I even hoped it would be located in Japan, so this is a double win for me personally.

Things I'm hoping for:

- A nice mix of modern and traditional Japanese inspired styles for CAS and BB as well as some more winter clothing.
    - Hotels, but I'd also be content if they unlock rental lots for all worlds.
    - A hot spring we can place that sims can soak in
    - Martial arts (I'm not holding out too much hope for this since it doesn't really fit the theme)
    - A new fitness aspiration based on winter sports
    - A new woohoo spot (igloo?) and a new death
    - The ability to break bones if you wipe out
    - Traits that are less world specific like Daredevil or Brave/Coward
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    n the lower neighborhood there are two visible lot icons, a lounge and a new icon, a star, that is unknown for now.

Actually @Dannydanbo , that "star" icon represents rental lots in GF ans Selvadorada and is the icon for vacation worlds.

IF that is the case, I wonder if they are maybe opening up that lot type to us to use. That would be AWESOME. We would be able to place one in any world for rental. Like Sulani.

When I was playing, I had a generic lot in each neighbourhood that was like a bed and breakfast for my sims to travel around.
    It would be nice to have dedicated lots even in Brindleton Bay for someone who just wants a vacay, or where they want to stay a few days to collect things, or look around and check things out.

I did that because it just seemed too far-fetched to travel from San Myshuno to Windenburg on a whim for a few hours. lol

Thank you for the info. I had forgotten to check the Vacation Word lot icons. It would be great if we could place rentals wherever we wanted. I, also, have created a few generic lot hotels. What I really want is Bed & Breakfast programing so we can own, live and work there.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,865 Member
    Flexono1 wrote: »
    Well I shall once again be saving my money. Now to wait for the official complaining thread to go live :D

@Flexono1 why don't you start it?