Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snowy Escape EP 10 Teaser

Comments

• OrangeGarlandOrangeGarland Posts: 1 New Member
    This seems closer to Nepal than Japan. It seems they are evoking the Himalayas which is the actual origin of the Yeti.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited October 2020
    If we have Seasons as well we should get the snow twice as deep! :Do:)

And....snow on the lower slopes as well with the skating rinks and more to do. We have to have some perks for buying Seasons after all.
  • Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    This seems closer to Nepal than Japan. It seems they are evoking the Himalayas which is the actual origin of the Yeti.

It could be a little of both. I definitely get more of Japanese vibe from the architecture than a Nepalese one. Assuming that map is legit.
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member

No hate. I just think it’s ironic how they went to people who live in areas where it doesn’t snow for help on this (Idk about Simlicy though). Kinda funny 😅
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I can see why Nifty Knitting preceeded it. We now have many more woolly jumpers to choose from.

I hope they included the idea I sent in years ago, in the Ideas feedback,to include hot chocolate to warm themselves up and save them from freezing to death.

Do they have a Yeti type creature in Japan we could meet?

I think that's very likely. Specially considering Lilsimsie worked on the pack, and she retweeted the announcement with a hot chocolate emoji.
  • AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 712 Member
    Based on the fact that it's a Japan inspired world and has winter activities, it's gonna be Top 5 for me, easily. I want to say I'm excited for the trailer but can't wait to see what's gonna be disappointing this time.
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    This looks like Hokkaido, there are ski resorts too. :)
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Marnetti wrote: »

No hate. I just think it’s ironic how they went to people who live in areas where it doesn’t snow for help on this (Idk about Simlicy though). Kinda funny 😅

There’s always Google. ☺️
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    somewhsome wrote: »
    This looks like Hokkaido, there are ski resorts too. :)

Japan has hosted the Winter Olympics twice, in Sapporo in 1972 and Nagano in 1998.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)

"Australia weather: cold front brings springtime snow and damaging winds to south-east
    Temperatures plummet as snowfall reported in parts of NSW, Victoria and the ACT" This September!

Florida has had snow rarely but has had some - to the delight of it's inhabitants.

California has loads of snow resorts, top rated ones too.

Most places in the world have had snow sometime, Even Jerusalem had some a little while ago. Climate Change?

We in the UK just put up with it as a nuisance most years, stopping the train services, sliding our cars all over the place and only children and dogs seem to enjoy it!
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I actually had a strong suspicion it was a winter pack ever since nk and speculations started, but people said it would be a gp so my opinion got swayed.
  • alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    oh this might turn out to be a cool pack after all. i cant wait to see the trailer to it.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Sledding, snow boarding, and rock climbing is what I see on the teaser. Didn’t see any hotels in the leak, but it’s a vacation world from the looks of it (lot type icons)
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member

It's really ironic, specially considering there are some game changers who could be more suitable, like Simproved (she's german so probably more acquainted with snow) and Doctor Ashley who may not be Japanese, but probably knows more about asian culture.

But it's all good. I trust in the simmers they picked, specially Deli and Simlicy cause I ADORE their builds.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Sledding, snow boarding, and rock climbing is what I see on the teaser. Didn’t see any hotels in the leak, but it’s a vacation world from the looks of it (lot type icons)

If that map is legit then it looks like a mixture of Residential (no icon) and Rental (sun/starburst icon) lots, as well as other lots typically found in residential worlds.

There is a new lot type on the mountain but I can't make out the icon so it could be anything.
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    I am curious what they add for alpine related pack than.
  • ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    I wonder if we'll get the ability to own a second home or maybe that home could be turned into a hotel/B&B lot type!

I'm excited to hear more about this pack especially with the Asian theme!
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »

If that map is legit then it looks like a mixture of Residential (no icon) and Rental (sun/starburst icon) lots, as well as other lots typically found in residential worlds.

There is a new lot type on the mountain but I can't make out the icon so it could be anything.

No icon could also mean occupied since it looks like she was playtesting it. Salvadora included lot types that at the time were typical of residential worlds (bar, museum) and a new lot type (tomb). I think this looks like a vacation world and I think that’s the right choice for this kind of gameplay.
  • alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    i really hope you can live in the world and its not just a vacation world. i want my sims to move there.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
    The game trailer is coming out tomorrow and already we have Simmers complaining.

Just like Real Life, ain't it! :o
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Please be a residential world! Please be a residential world! Please be a residential world! Please be...

If I just say it often enough, maybe it will come true...

Why are you all obsessed with vacation themed worlds becoming residential worlds? That was my biggest problem with Island Living and Sulani... it should've been a vacation world... and so should this one.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    The game trailer is coming out tomorrow and already we have Simmers complaining.

But it’s Tradition! You gotta love it! 😂
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    1) I'm just happy it's actually a decent expansion pack... I was expecting something much worse!
    2) I just hope it's not another 'My First Pet' where 'Seasons' will be a requirement to access all features and content.
    3) They better bring in hotel and hospitality themed gameplay... if not, it would be another wasted opportunity (like in Island Living).
    4) If they don't bring in hotel features, the world better be a destination world... because that was my biggest problem with Sulani.
    5) If they do bring in hotels and features like that, they better allows us to create hotels and motels in ALL worlds. Not just destinations.
    6) The rock climbing and snowboarding better be their own skill sets... and not just combined into the athletic skill... that's becoming dreadfully annoying when they do this.

Oh, who am I kidding? They're definitely gonna find a way to completely mess this up... as exciting as it sounds, I'm sure there will be MANY disappointments tomorrow when they actually show us the trailer. I'm still keeping my hopes low for that reason.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    Please be a residential world! Please be a residential world! Please be a residential world! Please be...

If I just say it often enough, maybe it will come true...

Why are you all obsessed with vacation themed worlds becoming residential worlds? That was my biggest problem with Island Living and Sulani... it should've been a vacation world... and so should this one.

Because there's no such thing as vacation themed world in real life. :p people live everywhere on the planet, and what is a vacation destination for one, is a homeland for another.
    But seriously, if they'll give us ability to place rental lots anywhere, it will please everybody, and simmers will be able to turn Sulani into a beautiful vacation world.