Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snowy Escape EP 10 Teaser

Comments

• PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    I don't mind the theme of this pack at all, but I cannot wrap my head around the new world. Is it residential? Is it a destination world? Is it both?

I'm disappointed that the world is on the small side... again. There's definitely room for a couple more lots. Yeah, I'm not wowed by this.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited October 2020
    LiELF wrote: »
    Ooh, I wonder if I can turn this world into Hoth to extend my Star Wars gameplay?

@LiELF
    I was thinking the same thing! 😂
    I keep looking at this lot in the mountain region that looks like some kind of forest. Could just bulldoze it and build Echo Base.
  • BubblegumjonahBubblegumjonah Posts: 118 Member
    I don't mind the theme of this pack at all, but I cannot wrap my head around the new world. Is it residential? Is it a destination world? Is it both?

I'm disappointed that the world is on the small side... again. There's definitely room for a couple more lots. Yeah, I'm not wowed by this.

Very well could be that they're planning on merging residential and vacation worlds, we only know so much from a simple promo image and map leak. And as always I'll say that a lot of lag from the Sims 3 stemmed from an over abundance of lots. I'd prefer to be able to play the game instead of lag through it (looking at you Island Paradise)
  • j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    I think I'd be fine with either residential or vacation, but what I really want is an option to use both residential and rental lots in every world lol. I'm happy for the theme. I really hope it's a strong pack, I'm so afraid haha. Think there'll be avalanches?
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    I hope there will be a hotel
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I don't think I've been this excited for a pack in a long time. Also is it just me or does the cover design give me strong sims 3 vibes? It just feels very nostalgic. I'm really happy about this one. Winter vacation and Asian vacation have been my biggest wishes for S4 for literally years so this is basically my dream pack
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    The map reminds me a lot of the area around Furano. It's missing the famous lavender fields, though. :(
    A1qsnJV.jpg
    Furano_Snow_Resort_view2.JPG
  • royallousroyallous Posts: 36 Member
    The map reminds me a lot of the area around Furano. It's missing the famous lavender fields, though. :(
    A1qsnJV.jpg
    Furano_Snow_Resort_view2.JPG

What is the new lot type on the snowy mountains? Do you reckon it is gonna be a hotel!?!?
    Onsen?
  • royallousroyallous Posts: 36 Member
    j1z1 wrote: »
    Onsen?

i hope not :neutral: because we already have spa day... and the lot trait icon looks like a block of building, it doesn't make any sense to make it an onsen... it looks like a hotel icon from the looks of it and if it is true then i am HYPEEDDDD... it is my most requested feature EVER. :smiley:
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I hope a bar AND a lounge being included on that possible leak picture means we are getting another bar because we don't have enough.

Winter activities don't interest me very much but that's ok. If it brings hotels or a redo of rental lots I'd be pleased. The two least modern maps and my sims can currently live at neither - change that please!
    CAS and BB could be really nice, although I feel I already have plenty of sport clothing to choose from.
    royallous wrote: »
    Onsen?

i hope not :neutral: because we already have spa day... and the lot trait icon looks like a block of building, it doesn't make any sense to make it an onsen... it looks like a hotel icon from the looks of it and if it is true then i am HYPEEDDDD... it is my most requested feature EVER. :smiley:

Omg I had to zoom in so hard, it looked like a little ball to me, like maybe a flower or puff of smoke lol. But yeah, upon closer inspection, might be a block, and I'm 100% with you. I'd love to have hotels.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I don’t even play with bars and lounges that much. It’s not like we have a million bars in the game already.....Oh wait !

I’ll turn it into a Japanese restaurant if we get new recipes .
    CelSims wrote: »
    I hope a bar AND a lounge being included on that possible leak picture means we are getting another bar because we don't have enough.

Winter activities don't interest me very much but that's ok. If it brings hotels or a redo of rental lots I'd be pleased. The two least modern maps and my sims can currently live at neither - change that please!
    CAS and BB could be really nice, although I feel I already have plenty of sport clothing to choose from.

• SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I wonder if the rock climbing is recycled from the fitness pack. And if this comes with fluffy snow, they better patch that in for everyone who has Seasons or it's gonna get ugly around here.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited October 2020
    I’d like it, an Onsen would remind me of Spirited Away.
    royallous wrote: »
    Onsen?

• Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member

Very well could be that they're planning on merging residential and vacation worlds, we only know so much from a simple promo image and map leak. And as always I'll say that a lot of lag from the Sims 3 stemmed from an over abundance of lots. I'd prefer to be able to play the game instead of lag through it (looking at you Island Paradise)

I had/have no lag in TS3 ....... in any world, including IP, after I installed the "fixed worlds" that fixed the routing issues.
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member

I think merging or being able to pick and choose what lot is residential and what lot is vacation would be a good move, and would make a lot of players happy.

There's a lot of reasons why the Sims 3 performance issues are so infamous amongst the community, but I wouldn't really put it down to the amount of lots and nothing else. We don't even have open neighbourhoods in the Sims 4, never mind open world. Only one lot is loaded at a time, so I doubt adding a few more lots would cause performance issues on the same scale that we tend to expect with the Sims 3.

I have a system that is more than equipped to handle the latest AAA titles, so I'd like to be able to enjoy larger worlds. I'm not bothered how they do it, be it in an expansion or maybe as a purchasable world similar to the Sims 3 store, I just want something as ambitious as Windenburg again. No one knows whether we'll see worlds like it again, but I can dream.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited October 2020
    Onsen?

Please! Please give us those back! Sure we've already got pools with steam and we got hot tubs. But I would love an honest to God in-ground hot spring like the one in TS2. I don't need a whole lot type for it since we already have spas and public pools. But just like, I don't know, give us a big onsen item to plop down in lots like the pond.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited October 2020
    I can see why Nifty Knitting preceeded it. We now have many more woolly jumpers to choose from.

I hope they included the idea I sent in years ago, in the Ideas feedback,to include hot chocolate to warm themselves up and save them from freezing to death.

Do they have a Yeti type creature in Japan we could meet?
  • BubblegumjonahBubblegumjonah Posts: 118 Member

I had/have no lag in TS3 ....... in any world, including IP, after I installed the "fixed worlds" that fixed the routing issues.

Congratulations on not having any lag in the Sims 3, 7 years after it was released lol.
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    Onsen?

Probably not as a lot type, but onsen are a feature at many Japanese resorts. Maybe there could be BB items similar to the pond from Get Famous to place on lots. Or a hot spring water type for pools.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I can see why Nifty Knitting preceeded it. We now have many more woolly jumpers to choose from.

I hope they included the idea I sent in years ago, in the Ideas feedback,to include hot chocolate to warm themselves up and save them from freezing to death.

Do they have a Yeti type creature in Japan we could meet?

Wiki says they have the Hibagon or Hinagon, a black gorilla type creature with white hands and feet. That would be interesting for my sims to stumble on to. Although it'd just be a weirdo in a costume D:
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited October 2020
    I wonder if the rock climbing is recycled from the fitness pack. And if this comes with fluffy snow, they better patch that in for everyone who has Seasons or it's gonna get ugly around here.

Likely. But tbh not even mad about that...almost no one uses that object and it's more realistic when implemented like this. But it could have a few exclusive animations...
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Ooh, I wonder if I can turn this world into Hoth to extend my Star Wars gameplay?

While winter sports don't interest me, I do need a new world for the lots and some full length trousers that don't stop at the ankle. :D Looking forward to new hairs and coats and winter wear too!

@LiELF Hoth! What a great idea! Now I'm interested!